PDA

View Full Version : Early Voting in NJ

DanConway
02-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Reading a thread in another forum here, I found out that we are a state that requires no excuse for early voting. A lot of people have been talking about how to get perennially unreliable young voters to vote, and early voting by absentee ballot seems like a great way to do it.

The forms for each county are here: http://www.njelections.org/mail-in_doe.html

Obviously this is a bit into the future at best, as New Jersey may not be relevant in the end, but if it is we'll need every vote we can get.

tsai3904
02-07-2012, 06:20 PM
NJ is a closed primary. Make sure you get supporters to register Republican first before you get them to request a mail in ballot.

DanConway
02-07-2012, 07:40 PM
OK, the deadline for registration looks like May 15 -- 21 days before the primary on June 5. If we want to hit college campuses, we'll be doing it before that anyway.

Wikipedia also states that the primary is semi-closed. Since it says the same thing for New Hampshire, I assume it means that in New Jersey independents can choose on the day. Best to get people registered Republican anyway, just in case.

RonPaul101.com
02-07-2012, 09:44 PM
OK, the deadline for registration looks like May 15 -- 21 days before the primary on June 5. If we want to hit college campuses, we'll be doing it before that anyway.

Wikipedia also states that the primary is semi-closed. Since it says the same thing for New Hampshire, I assume it means that in New Jersey independents can choose on the day. Best to get people registered Republican anyway, just in case.

Even from good reliable sources, I have heard some say Unassigned voters can vote GOP and others say no. I wouldn't leave it to chance. I "believe" Independent and Democrat are considered affiliations in NJ, only "Unaffiliated" might qualify for the semi-closed ruling, but again, with folks I identify I don't leave it to chance - Register as Republican.