PDA

View Full Version : Youth For Paul trip to Washington State

Nathanielts
02-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Hello everyone, I'm here to ask for your support. I'm very grateful to have worked on the NH and NV campaigns and am trying to raise funds to work in WA. He has a good shot with the open caucus there and we can totally rally up some votes. Any and all help is appreciated, I can provide references from both NH, NV and National level campaign. Here is my ChipIn, thanks and feel free to message me! http://youthforronpaulnevada.chipin.com/youth-for-paul-washington-state

Nathanielts
02-08-2012, 09:22 AM
I'd like to thank Megan Duffield and Kate Baker for their donations! Way to get this ChipIn rolling early! As soon we get to around 300 might be able to purhase the airfare.

Drex
02-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Washington State is so beautiful! Good Luck!

Badger for Paul
02-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Can anyone with RPF cred vouch for this guy?

Nathanielts
02-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Yeah i'll get some folks on these threads, good call Badger. I can definitely get Keith Carlsen and Chris lawless from NH to post

Xenophage
02-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Where in Washington are you headed? We're very active in the Vancouver area!

Nathanielts
02-09-2012, 03:15 AM
The YFP state director's place is in puyallup. Most of our efforts will be focused on those Seattle suburbs I would think

Keith and stuff
02-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Can anyone with RPF cred vouch for this guy?

Ron Paul's Freakin' Giant vouched for him on RPF when he had a Chipin to go to Nevada with Youth for Paul.

Nathanielts is a great guy. He really helped the campaign in both New Hampshire and Nevada. The person running YFP in WA is also a good activist. I'm hoping for good things out there. I heard it is an open caucus state and that really helped Ron Paul in MN.

AjaxPress
02-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Except that when you google "Youth For Paul Washington" this thread is the first result and this guy begging for other people's money is the second result. C'mon people, this guy is a shyster.:rolleyes:

Keith and stuff
02-10-2012, 04:02 AM
Except that when you google "Youth For Paul Washington" this thread is the first result and this guy begging for other people's money is the second result. C'mon people, this guy is a shyster.:rolleyes:

I'm pretty offended by your post.

Nathanielts
02-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Ajax come on man why would you even say that on someone's thread. If you don't know what you're talking about please just don't share. I'm not begging for everyones money, the ChipIn thing is a really popular way to show support within the RP community. They're used a lot

AjaxPress
02-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Except Ed King has made no decision on whether or not there will be another "YFP" event like in Iowa, NewHampshire or Colorado. I'm sure you think it's great to take a spring break in Washington on Ron Paul supporter's dime but really it's not a very slick con game you're trying to pull. There's no YFP event in Washington. Those are the facts.

ronpaulhawaii
02-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Chris Lawless and Keith's vouch is good enough for me.

And helping young people learn the political process is a good thing to do. Characterizing it as some sort of spring break is ridiculous.

Nathanielts
02-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the good words RPHawaii, much appreciated. I'd like to thank everyone for their recent donations, as well.

I just want to clarify on what Ajax was saying. It's true there is no official national YFP trip to WA state at this point. However there are several of us from the NV trip preparing and fundraising for it because the info we recieved has been a bit different than what you may know of. More importantly the YFP washington state director is preparing for us, so in case there isn't a national organization trip we can stay with her a few miles from the campaign HQ/phonebank and still make a great impact. It's totally YFP organization and network all the way.

AjaxPress
02-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the good words RPHawaii, much appreciated. I'd like to thank everyone for their recent donations, as well.

I just want to clarify on what Ajax was saying. It's true there is no official national YFP trip to WA state at this point. However there are several of us from the NV trip preparing and fundraising for it because the info we recieved has been a bit different than what you may know of. More importantly the YFP washington state director is preparing for us, so in case there isn't a national organization trip we can stay with her a few miles from the campaign HQ/phonebank and still make a great impact. It's totally YFP organization and network all the way.
This will be my last post on the matter since it's already eating too much of my time.

Any donated money would be better spent going directly to the Ron Paul campaign. Secret meetings betweens the state director that no other student volunteers have access to. An unannounced "YFP" movement in Washington that Edward King himself says does not exist. Congratulations Nathnielts, I would never have thought such a blatantly obvious con-game could successfully dupe Ron Paul supporters.

ME:On the Ron Paul forums I've heard mention of a "Youth For Paul" campaign taking place for Washington state. However I hadn't seen or heard anything from you about it so I was hoping you could clarify the status of such an event. Thanks.
Edward King(National Youth Director):Nothing has been decided yet. If another program is planned, the supporters on my email list will find out first.

Nathanielts
02-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Ajax I don't understand why you would want attack and discredit me like this. So far for this ChipIn I've had two previous staffers that I worked side by side with in NH donate with their best wishes, and I've had several heavily involved volunteers and free staters vouch for me. This is obviously not a con game and if any of these people supporting me thought I was capable of something like that I'm sure they wouldn't help! I also want to say while I was working over the summer I donated several hundred to the campaign, but the winters are tough for my trade in NH and I'm hoping karma will let some of that flow back for this project. Thanks, Ajax. Please no more negativity.

Keith and stuff
02-10-2012, 02:07 PM
...has made no decision on whether or not there will be another "YFP" event like in Iowa, NewHampshire or Colorado. I'm sure you think it's great to take a spring break in Washington on Ron Paul supporter's dime but really it's not a very slick con game you're trying to pull. There's no YFP event in Washington. Those are the facts.

Ajax, I am sorry for saying I feel offended. You are likely just looking out for everyone. I want to be clear that I for Nathanielts as a person and as a Ron Paul activist (official and otherwise.) I don't vouch for an official Youth for Paul thing in any states except IA, NH, NV... and intern programs in some states including ME and WA that may or may not be connected to Youth for Paul (I have no idea as I never asked but I know I heard about them through people connected to Youth for Paul.) I am not saying that Nathanielts is part of such an internship program either. I do know a Youth for Paul person in WA and she is a good person. I know another one in WA that is also a good person, too. As is Nathanielts.

I assure you, no one is in anyway trying to get one over on anyone at all in this case. I fully understand you thinking donations should go to the official campaign instead. I know that some people are frustrated with how the official campaign is going in some states, with some of the tactics. I cannot and will not talk about details but donating to Nathanielts would be a great investment if you want Ron Paul to do well in WA, IMO.

ronpaulhawaii
02-10-2012, 02:35 PM
...successfully dupe Ron Paul supporters.

Are you just dense? Chris Lawless and Keith and Stuff, both STRONG RP activists in NH have stated that this kid is doing good work and have vouched for him. People like myself, who are maxxed out to the RP campaign, are happy to help get volunteers into upcoming states AND contributing to the political education of young supporters. While I appreciate being careful about people raising funds, your rhetoric is over the top and insulting

ForLibertyFight
02-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Hello everyone, I'm here to ask for your support. I'm very grateful to have worked on the NH and NV campaigns and am trying to raise funds to work in WA. He has a good shot with the open caucus there and we can totally rally up some votes. Any and all help is appreciated, I can provide references from both NH, NV and National level campaign. Here is my ChipIn, thanks and feel free to message me! http://youthforronpaulnevada.chipin.com/youth-for-paul-washington-state

I became friends with Nate and Keith at the YFP Nevada event. I want to vouch for these guys. These guys are hard workers and they are dedicated Ron Paul supporters.

Keith and stuff
02-10-2012, 02:45 PM
I became friends with Nate and Keith at the YFP Nevada event. I want to vouch for these guys. These guys are hard workers and they are dedicated Ron Paul supporters.

Thank you. It was nice meeting you in NV. I personally cannot travel to WA to help Ron Paul. I am sorry but I cannot give up that much of my life for Ron Paul. Doing it in 2 states took a lot of out me. Nathanielts is truly an inspiration to me! It amazes my how much he gives up to help the good Dr. out.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, Nathanielts is not a Free State Project participant. Don't get me wrong, he is awesome but if you have any reservations about the FSP, Nathanielts is not a part of it. He is just a great person that really supports Ron Paul and is willing to give up a great deal of his life to help Ron Paul.

Nathanielts
02-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Jackie chan finishes off the haters with a karate chop!

Keith and stuff
02-12-2012, 12:31 AM
I just got back from the Ron Paul Party in Maine where I partied with ronpaulhawaii and Ron Paul's Freakin' Giant. It is great to party with RPF people!

Anyway. After NV where the GOP establishment may have played dirty tricks several times and after what the GOP establishment did in ME, I decided I need to put my money where my mouth is. I donated $50 to help Nathanielts get from New Hampshire to Washington.

Hopefully Ron Paul wins Washington or the final results from Maine come in and Ron Paul wins Maine. I just want Ron Paul to win at least one state. I don't think that is too much to ask. I've already tried to help that in NH, NV and ME. Now I'm trying in WA by giving Nathanielts $50.

Nathanielts
02-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks so much, Keith! You of all people that was very unexpected and generous of you, my friend. It was great working with you in Nevada. With that being said... I really need to rally up some contributors if I'm gonna make it!! Please join, invite known supporters to this facebook group and contribute if possible!! Thanks again to everyone who was helped so far, YFP will have a great impact in WA, we always do. Calculated by the number of voters we persuade while working in various states, we generally boost Paul by 2-6%!!! It is a great return on your investment, and also helps young people like my learn and build experience in this field. Whats more important than that? Thanks everyone! https://www.facebook.com/groups/287695997964925/

Trigonx
02-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Nathan, I just sent you $30. Good luck man, every vote counts.

Nathanielts
02-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Thanks Kevin! YFP will rally up some votes in WA thanks to people like you!

Nathanielts
02-16-2012, 01:55 PM
If somebody can contribute roughly $30 dollars i'll be able to purchase the airfare right now! Found the cheapest flights yet but there are only 2 seats left! This is the biggest hurdle of the trip! http://youthforronpaulnevada.chipin.com/youth-for-paul-washington-state

Keith and stuff
02-16-2012, 07:03 PM
It is great that you are so close. Come up, someone please give this guy $30. Ron Paul is campaigning in WA and there is a good chance we can win WA. Wouldn't it be great if another volunteer was there?

Drex
02-18-2012, 05:33 AM
Bump

Keith and stuff
02-18-2012, 12:03 PM
FYI, there is an official Youth for Paul thing happening in WA now. I do not know for sure if Nate was invited, but I know I was. However, there is no way I can go. I did give money to Nate, to help him cover the plane ticket. Thank you Nate for doing this!

ForLibertyFight
02-18-2012, 01:47 PM
I hope to see you Nate in WA. I'm seriously considering taking a week off of school to drive/fly up there.

vechorik
02-18-2012, 02:02 PM
tickets bought with change to spare --- good luck