PDA

View Full Version : MN Caucus goers: Talking Points Tonight

tsetsefly
02-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Don't know how the rules are but if you get to speak and want to mention santorum's horrible record, here you go:

Voted against Right to Work.
In just two years, 2003-04, he cosponsored 51 Bills to increase spending.
Voted for No Child Left Behind and Medicare Part D.
Voted for the Bridge to Nowhere.
Voted to raise his own pay at-least 3 times in 2001, 2002 and 2003.
Voted for Title X and campaigned for pro-choice candidates Specter and Whitman.
Owned by the lobbyists via the K Street Project.
Named "most corrupt" Senator in 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PL9HrU6Y5-s

Edward
02-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Named "most corrupt" Senator in 2006.

And when someone asks, "Who named him the 'most corrupt' Senator in 2006?", your reply will be, "Uh. I don't know. Some guy on the internet told me that." Source, please.

PeacePlan
02-07-2012, 09:57 AM
And when someone asks, "Who named him the 'most corrupt' Senator in 2006?", your reply will be, "Uh. I don't know. Some guy on the internet told me that." Source, please.

http://www.dailypaul.com/198638/hot-santorum-was-named-most-corrupt-senator-by-watchdog-group-in-2006

EaSy
02-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Two RP supporters at one caucus could use strategy: One can speak behalf RP and one behalf Santorum. Don't lie, just use his voting record against him. This must work!

wayzupusc
02-07-2012, 09:58 AM
http://www.citizensforethics.org/index.php/press/entry/crew-releases-second-annual-most-corrupt-members-of-congress-report/

vita3
02-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Anti-War is the most important point in Minneapolis.

happyphilter
02-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Two RP supporters at one caucus could use strategy: One can speak behalf RP and one behalf Santorum. Don't lie, just use his voting record against him. This must work!
Something similar. Have one person knock the others down, and another person talk Ron Paul up.

Edward
02-07-2012, 10:04 AM
http://www.dailypaul.com/198638/hot-santorum-was-named-most-corrupt-senator-by-watchdog-group-in-2006

http://www.citizensforethics.org/index.php/press/entry/crew-releases-second-annual-most-corrupt-members-of-congress-report/

Thanks for the links. Neither actually give the reasons why they consider Santorum one of the most corrupt. Do you have an additional link for this? That would be helpful in order to contrast with Ron's record.

wayzupusc
02-07-2012, 10:08 AM
I think for caucus goers, it may be most beneficial to contrast Frothy's list there with Dr. Paul so those listening will actually learn the pro's of Ron Paul as well as the cons of Rick Frothmeister.

Santorum Voted against Right to Work. Ron Paul supported it.

In just two years, 2003-04, Santorum cosponsored 51 Bills to increase spending...Ron Paul has never voted for increased spending without concurrent cuts. (this one could obviously be better highlighted by those who know his voting record against spending increases better than i)

Santorum Voted for No Child Left Behind and Medicare Part D....Ron Paul voted against them and spoke before Congress against them.

Santorum Voted for the Bridge to Nowhere....Ron Paul voted against it.

Santorum Voted to raise his own pay at-least 3 times in 2001, 2002 and 2003... Ron Paul has agreed to take a Presidential salary of just $32,000 and change.

Santorum Voted for Title X and campaigned for pro-choice candidates Specter and Whitman. Ron Paul is a pro-life OB/GYN who operated his own practice for X-number of years.

Santorum is Owned by the lobbyists via the K Street Project. Members of the US Military contribute more to Ron Paul's campaign than all the other Republican candidates and Barack Obama combined! Not one Wall Street bank on his list of campaign contributors.

Named "most corrupt" Senator in 2006 by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW). Ron Paul is known far and wide for his consistency and integrity in championing the cause of personal liberty, limited government and sound monetary policy.

I would think you could fit all these points into a 2 minute talking points or go into detail on any one of them...but I do think comparing Ron Paul to Santorum (or any of the candidates for that matter) is the way to go.

DonovanJames
02-07-2012, 10:14 AM
If you are young enough (Under 26) talk about your fear of being drafted. War in Afghan, 15k still at embassy in Iraq, War in Lybia, Talk of Syria, Talk of Iran. They'll need more soldiers. Say you are in selective service and are willing to die fighting to defend your country but the key word is DEFEND. Tell them your biggest fear is to leave your family and children for a War over resources and gains. Then really hammer the donations of active military is 6 times the GOP combined and twice as much of all combined including Obama

Sarge
02-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Google Santorum corruption. There are more articles than you can shake a stick at.

Here is one,

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/01/the-corrupt-christianist.html

A. Havnes
02-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks! I'll be sure to use these suggestions.

aloneinthewilderness
02-07-2012, 10:19 AM
If you are young enough (Under 26) talk about your fear of being drafted. War in Afghan, 15k still at embassy in Iraq, War in Lybia, Talk of Syria, Talk of Iran. They'll need more soldiers. Say you are in selective service and are willing to die fighting to defend your country but the key word is DEFEND. Tell them your biggest fear is to leave your family and children for a War over resources and gains. Then really hammer the donations of active military is 6 times the GOP combined and twice as much of all combined including ObamaThat's actually a great angle.

JimInNY
02-07-2012, 10:20 AM

http://www.citizensforethics.org/page/-/PDFs/Reports/CREW_Beyond_Delay_Report_20060920.pdf?nocdn=1

Pages 207 - 218 of this report pertain to Santorum

Bruno
02-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Caucus speeches need to also focus on electability of Paul over Gingrich and Santorum. Get the voters who show up to change their minds. Electability has been issue #1 for most people in exit polls so far.

DonovanJames
02-07-2012, 10:32 AM
That's actually a great angle.

It worked this morning. I was standing outside my precinct from 6 to 7 am before work and converted a man who stopped by to talk to me. He wanted to support Gingrich but he isn't on the ballot for Missouri's Primary. Then he asked why he should vote for Ron Paul. It took about 15 minutes but it turns out he has a son who is 19 and he didn't really think about him being drafted either. We then shot the shit for awhile and he left a full fledges Paul supporter and said he would definantly be at our caucus on March 17th

PeacePlan
02-07-2012, 10:33 AM
It worked this morning. I was standing outside my precinct from 6 to 7 am before work and converted a man who stopped by to talk to me. He wanted to support Gingrich but he isn't on the ballot for Missouri's Primary. Then he asked why he should vote for Ron Paul. It took about 15 minutes but it turns out he has a son who is 19 and he didn't really think about him being drafted either. We then shot the shit for awhile and he left a full fledges Paul supporter and said he would definantly be at our caucus on March 17th

Great job +rep

Ronulus
02-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Caucus speeches need to also focus on electability of Paul over Gingrich and Santorum. Get the voters who show up to change their minds. Electability has been issue #1 for most people in exit polls so far.

This. Might even mention how in order to beat Obama paul undermines Obamas base of young supporters, and pulls more independents than Obama in recent polls.

Matt Collins
02-07-2012, 10:38 AM
NO!!!!

The campaign has sent out information on how to properly caucus for Ron Paul. If anyone has any questions about how to caucus in Minnesota please e-mail JacobC@RonPaul2012.com or call the MN office at 952-807-0001

mmadness
02-07-2012, 10:43 AM

If you have enough Ron Paul supporters giving eloquent speeches at your caucus, then make sure you volunteer to speak for the other candidates!

This is a bit more subtle and will require more planning.

You may want to come off as someone who is somewhat genuine, but either off-the-handle, crazy, out of touch or insulting/threatening. One of the Gingrinch speakers in Nevada talked about his 3 marriages supposedly as a way to show that he can persevere. :)

The other option is to be satiric, and use humor.

Definitely do not mention RP in your speech, or be wearing any pro-RP stuff, as that may backlash. If you end up being the only speaker for a particular candidate, then that can sway voters to Paul if it's a 2-man race in your caucus.

Start at 4:48 and Adam Kokesh gives you a great example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMjOLCQLcQY

roversaurus
02-07-2012, 10:46 AM
NO!!!!

The campaign has sent out information on how to properly caucus for Ron Paul. If anyone has any questions about how to caucus in Minnesota please e-mail JacobC@RonPaul2012.com or call the MN office at 952-807-0001

ummmm, could you be a little more productive?

mavtek
02-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Someone who isn't eligible to Caucus should be outside telling people why Santorum is no good. Someone out of state or under age.

mmadness
02-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Someone who isn't eligible to Caucus should be outside telling people why Santorum is no good. Someone out of state or under age.

Yup, and not wearing any pro-RP stuff or mentioning who to support instead.

roversaurus
02-07-2012, 10:52 AM
If you are speaking to a pro life Santorum supporter. Point out that Santorum is a typical politician who cares more about getting elected than his issues.... THEN MOVE IN FOR THE KILL. Tell them that Santorum supported Arlen Specter the widely known PRO CHOICE republican senator in Pennsylvania over pro life republican Pat Toomy in the primary. Why? What was more important to him than a pro life senator? I'll tell you - Arlen Specter was the incumbent and might have been more electable... Well, he was electable all right. He won the election and promptly switched parties and became a Democrat.

Santorum doesn't really think Pro Life is an important issue. Ron Paul does and has worked to over turn Roe Vs Wade for years.

This will work on a Pro Life republican.

Bruno
02-07-2012, 10:53 AM
NO!!!!

Hopefully they focus on issue # 1, electability.

lucent
02-07-2012, 10:53 AM
ummmm, could you be a little more productive?

He's from the campaign and he is saying contact the campaign and not to follow the stupid advice in the OP. That is being productive.

roversaurus
02-07-2012, 10:57 AM
He's from the campaign and he is saying contact the campaign and not to follow the stupid advice in the OP. That is being productive.

Not very productive. He could put the information right here. Where people were asking for it. Not in a phone call where someone may or may not go to. In the phone from home program I was repeatedly told to call their hot line for information. I delayed that for a very long time. When I finally had to I was on hold for 15 minutes and got to ask a question that could have been answered in 10 seconds via email. A phone call is waste of time AND many people will skip doing it.

roversaurus
02-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Hopefully they focus on issue # 1, electability.

Yes, I think electability is most important. The new polls showing Obama beating Romney and the old ones showing him beating Santorum by a wide margin ALONG with saying how Paul steals independents and Democrats from Obama would help. And as evidence of Paul stealing independents and democrats just spread your arm around the room to point out the young people who are there for Paul

lucent
02-07-2012, 11:08 AM
I'd mention how with other candidates even states like South Carolina can go blue if Gary Johnson runs 3rd party (PPP has said this). They won't for Ron Paul because he wins the majority of independents. Your number 1 single goal is to beat Obama and Paul is the only one that can do it.

Bruno
02-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Not very productive. He could put the information right here. Where people were asking for it. Not in a phone call where someone may or may not go to. In the phone from home program I was repeatedly told to call their hot line for information. I delayed that for a very long time. When I finally had to I was on hold for 15 minutes and got to ask a question that could have been answered in 10 seconds via email. A phone call is waste of time AND many people will skip doing it.

Good feedback for the campaign to hear.

I believe they do not want the campaign-approved speeches to be out in public view.

tsetsefly
02-07-2012, 01:14 PM
NO!!!!

I didn't say use this only, but in some caucuses you can rebuttal certain points about some candidates etc. WHoever preaches Santorum's limited government ideals can be smacked down with this info...

Matt Collins
02-07-2012, 02:38 PM
I didn't say use this only, but in some caucuses you can rebuttal certain points about some candidates etc. WHoever preaches Santorum's limited government ideals can be smacked down with this info...No, we don't want to be adversarial.

Matt Collins
02-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Not very productive. He could put the information right here.It does not benefit Ron Paul to post this information publicly for all the world to see.

Cleaner44
02-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Remind people that only Paul and Romney can compete with Obama.

Santorum and Gingrich do horrible vs Obama.

People want an electable candidate that can beat Obama.

Remind them there are only 2 choices that can do that job.