PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Ads targeted specifically at getting young Ron Paul voters to the polls

Frostbyte
02-07-2012, 09:01 AM
This seems to have fallen off the front page, but I thought it was a great idea. Last night, I set up a Facebook advertisement targeted specifically at: Minnesota, 18+, Ron Paul/Liberty. The advertisement contained a link to the MN caucus finder and said "Don't forget to vote. Bring your family and friends."

So far I have 25 click-throughs and have only spent $20 of my maximum spending. If we get enough advertising on Facebook targeted specifically at getting young Ron Paul supporters to the polls, I think we have a good chance of taking the state.

Facebook Ads URL

http://www.facebook.com/ads

Caucus finder URL

http://caucusfinder.sos.state.mn.us

It's cheap, highly targeted, and almost guaranteed that Facebook will get enough clicks to match your budget in the time allotted (from what I've heard). Post here if you need any help setting it up; I'll try to answer any questions.

Ron Paul 2012!

VBRonPaulFan
02-07-2012, 09:10 AM
honestly, facebook ads are not going to get young kids to the polls. getting involved and finding out who they are, and calling them the day of voting and/or carpooling with them to the voting place is the only way to turn them out.

my brother and his friends are all about 18-22, they have to be reminded an hour before something happens to remember it.

Frostbyte
02-07-2012, 09:13 AM
@VBRonPaulFan That might be true to some extent, but if 25+ people clicked my ad, that means they (1) saw a picture of Ron Paul and (2) clicked a link that specifically said "Caucus finder." I don't live in Minnesota, and I work a full-time job, so I can't really do anything in person. It can hardly hurt, and if my ad gets even one more voter to the polls, then I feel like my money was well spent. Consider if 100 people from this forum managed to get 5 more voters to the polls. That could be the difference between 1st and second.

(Also, as a 22 year old, I think you're vastly underestimating us. I did need a reminder the day before the polls, but I'm not so slow as to forget by the next day.)

VBRonPaulFan
02-07-2012, 09:15 AM
i guess it isn't going to hurt. my point though is that i turned my brother and a bunch of his friends into hardcore ron paul fans... and even then it still takes some work on my part to get them out to meetings and stuff. they're busy with school or friends or whatever and tend not to keep good mental notes of things going on.