PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to CPAC?

BrittanySligar
02-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Since my last 3 threads about CPAC got sent to hot topics, I will start this very benign thread about CPAC

Who's going?

LibertyIn08
02-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Jeremy, MRoCkEd, Gage and a few other regulars from chat definitely are.

Cleaner44
02-07-2012, 08:57 AM
When and where is it?

Matt Davidson
02-07-2012, 08:58 AM
I will be there! I arrive at DCA around 1PM on Friday.

thehighwaymanq
02-07-2012, 09:48 AM
I'll be there!

gerryb
02-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Thinking about going to the Nullification documentary premier on Thursday.. but $125 for a movie ticket and straw vote is a bit much.

Jeremy
02-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Me

libertybrewcity
02-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Is Ron Paul even speaking? And will there be a straw poll?

Paulistinian
02-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Is Ron Paul even speaking? And will there be a straw poll?Rand is speaking, and I'm sure there is still a straw vote. It would be great for us to continue to dominate CPAC, even in Ron's absence... That would really steam the GOP..

Article V
02-07-2012, 10:13 AM
I would go if a bunch of people want to take a bus from NYC.

...or even if someone had another method of reaching DC in a cost-effective manner.

Chowder
02-07-2012, 10:15 AM
I think the real question is: "Who's going to CPAC and remembering to bring a barfbag?"

BrittanySligar
02-07-2012, 01:30 PM
bump. you guys do realize that if we don't win the straw poll, it will be a herman cain moment, right?

Havax
02-07-2012, 01:32 PM
I plan on going but haven't gotten my ticket yet. Where did you guys get your tickets?

BrittanySligar
02-07-2012, 01:35 PM
I plan on going but haven't gotten my ticket yet. Where did you guys get your tickets?

You can get tickets at the door.

They had them on their website.. $35 for students.. they also have Sat-only passes for an affordable rate.

gerryb
02-07-2012, 01:37 PM
bump. you guys do realize that if we don't win the straw poll, it will be a herman cain moment, right?

I don't think so -- we are in the middle of the election -- MO, MN, CO, ME will drive the narrative. It doesn't look like Newt will be in the top in any of those, so the only way CPAC shapes the narrative is if he wins it...

Havax
02-07-2012, 01:38 PM
You can get tickets at the door.

They had them on their website.. $35 for students.. they also have Sat-only passes for an affordable rate.

Is that when Rand is speaking? Do you think I can get these Saturday only passes at the student rate by showing up Saturday with my old college ID (I graduated)?

Havax
02-07-2012, 01:39 PM
I don't think so -- we are in the middle of the election -- MO, MN, CO, ME will drive the narrative. It doesn't look like Newt will be in the top in any of those, so the only way CPAC shapes the narrative is if he wins it...

If Santorum wins Minnesota and then CPAC, that could be significant for him.

sailingaway
02-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Be careful. Occupy types are saying they are planning to go and cause a stink and pretend to be Ron Paul supporters. We don't want the GOP turned off on Ron while he is running in a GOP primary, obviously. I would suggest people be on the look out.

The meetings began last Thursday and lasted until Saturday. During these meetings, protesters began throwing around ideas for confusion and chaos that include dressing like Ron Paul supporters since they “generally look like hippies”, pulling fire alarms, screaming ‘fire’ during activities, “glitter-bombing” participants, blocking entrances to the hotel, and cutting electrical power- as first reported by Lachlan Markay at the Heritage Foundation.
The person who obtained all the information said, “Speakers will be physically assaulted, not just verbally confronted.” Two Occupiers, who the informant also identified as members of the New Black Panther Party, “said they would be disappointed if they didn’t get arrested and planned to ‘make it count.’”

http://biggovernment.com/jschoffstall/2012/02/07/occupy-dc-plans-chaos-at-cpac/

Particularly, you don't want to join in with someone starting something out of line because they are wearing a Ron Paul pin, and you assume they are a friend.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-07-2012, 01:44 PM
I was originally planning on attending the event but some local grassroots events have taken priority.

sailingaway
02-07-2012, 01:46 PM

actually, it would just be saying Ron Paul didn't compete. He can win it whenever he wants to. Do I STILL want him to win? Sure.

VT_Bircher
02-07-2012, 02:12 PM
I'll be there hopefully. At the last minute, my student government at my school cut 2/3rds of our Conservatives Club budget, so now I'm scraping up cash for bus tickets so I can go. Hope to see some Ron Paul folks down there. Pray that I can make it!

ChrisDixon
02-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Would love to go, but the rEVOLution is in progress here in Maine. Hold down the fort there in the District of Corruption!

radiofriendly
02-07-2012, 02:59 PM
I'll be there - arrive Wed night. Rand speaks 4:40 pm on Thursday - right after, he has a book signing.

I'm designing some flyers to promote voting for Ron Paul in the CPAC straw poll and to promote Rand speaking on his behalf.
I'll also be making videos for Revolution PAC and iroots.org - would love to say hi - and if anyone is interested in helping me,
I would appreciate it. aaronjonesr@gmail.com (Aaron R. Jones on Facebook)

BrittanySligar
02-08-2012, 12:05 AM
bump

radiofriendly
02-08-2012, 03:34 AM
Here's the 1st draft of the CPAC flyer:
http://iroots.org/wp-content/uploads/Rand_mock-01-231x300.jpg

Read more - and how you can help:
http://iroots.org/2012/02/08/help-ron-paul-win-at-cpac/

PauliticsPolitics
02-08-2012, 04:17 AM
Is Ron Paul even speaking? And will there be a straw poll?
Yes there is a straw pool.
According to the schedule, it closes (ENDS) at 1p on Saturday.
It also looks like there is an online voting option?
I wonder how that works?

From: http://cpac2012.conservative.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Schedule-Of-Events_Latest.pdf

1:00 Straw Poll Voting Closes – Room 8228 or Online
Sponsored by The Washington Time

PauliticsPolitics
02-08-2012, 04:19 AM
I see, it appears that there are two straw polls.
A CPAC Straw Poll, and a CPAC National Poll.
I assume the later is online.

That's what I derive from the scheduled announcement of winners.

4:15 CPAC/Washington Times Presidential Straw Poll & National Poll Results – Marriott Ballroom