PDA

View Full Version : Pro Choice and Pro Life at the same time?

ConCap
02-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Is it correct to say.

If a person is against the Federal or State Government interfering with a parents right to raise a child the way they feel is right, to include medical treatment or lack of, they are Pro Choice?

This question evolved from this post. Some people say, butt out! Are they Pro choice?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?358947-I-was-watching-an-episode-of-Family-Guy-and...

otherone
02-07-2012, 08:29 AM
You are implying that the 'butt out" folks believe that it's ok to murder their children?

NidStyles
02-07-2012, 08:36 AM
That's quite a stretch, even for your everyday assumptions. I personally don't care for abortion, but I would tell you to butt out as well.

ConCap
02-07-2012, 09:06 AM
You are implying that the 'butt out" folks believe that it's ok to murder their children?

I‘m not implying anything, I'm asking.

Can a person be Pro life on a federal level before birth (Pro Life), and then say the government should keep out when it comes to raising a child, after the birth (Pro Choice) when it comes to providing medical treatment?

jmdrake
02-07-2012, 09:13 AM
I‘m implying anything, I'm asking.

Can a person be Pro life on a federal level before birth (Pro Life), and then say the government should keep out when it comes to raising a child, after the birth (Pro Choice) when it comes to providing medical treatment?

I'll take it a step further. Someone can be "pro life" and still believe that the the federal government doesn't have a right to dictate pre natal care to a pregnant mother. There is a difference between saying "I believe in letting nature take its course" and saying "I want to step in and actively kill the child myself". I don't know of anyone who seriously argues that a parent should be able to murder his/her child. But refuse life saving treatment? Where do you draw the line? Is a parent who decides to try natural remedies instead of chemo when the doctor doesn't give the chemo much chance of working anyway a "killer"? I don't think so.

Conza88
02-07-2012, 12:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuoepBsv3ZE

GrahamUK
02-07-2012, 01:09 PM
I guess im pro-choice, I personally don't agree in aborting a child, i believe strongly in taking responsibility for your own actions and living with those consequences, that is how i've tried to live my own life. But, just cause that's how i choose to live does not mean that my neighbour should be forced to do likewise. The problem with outlawing abortion is that you force it underground, just because you make it illegal don't be fooled into thinking it still won't happen. Illegal 'backstreet' clinics will open up and there will be cases of people performing abortions in a D.I.Y fashion, thats dangerous and can have long lasting effects on a persons health. Abortions have been going on in some form or another since woman started having babies..

It should be made safe and it should be someones own personal and private choice..

ConCap
02-07-2012, 02:19 PM
I guess im pro-choice, I personally don't agree in aborting a child, i believe strongly in taking responsibility for your own actions and living with those consequences, that is how i've tried to live my own life. But, just cause that's how i choose to live does not mean that my neighbour should be forced to do likewise. The problem with outlawing abortion is that you force it underground, just because you make it illegal don't be fooled into thinking it still won't happen. Illegal 'backstreet' clinics will open up and there will be cases of people performing abortions in a D.I.Y fashion, thats dangerous and can have long lasting effects on a persons health. Abortions have been going on in some form or another since woman started having babies..

It should be made safe and it should be someones own personal and private choice..

My wife and I are pro life on a personal level and pro choice on a state.
If someone is pro choice on a personal level, that’s ok with us.
If they wish to make it legal, that too is ok, just make it legal, or not legal, in the state they live in.
If a person is pro life or pro choice on a federal level to me, they are pro left.

onlyrp
02-07-2012, 02:24 PM
No, but you can be anti-life and anti-choice at the same time (being pro-abortion, or pro-forced abortion).

Tankbot85
02-07-2012, 02:58 PM
I am pro life myself, but am pro choice as well. I do not have the right to tell anyone what they can or cannot do with their life.

bolil
02-07-2012, 03:00 PM
but what about the kids? They need us to save them.

ConCap
02-07-2012, 03:04 PM
but what about the kids? They need us to save them.

Go for it.
It’s still a free country.
For now.

GrahamUK
02-07-2012, 03:07 PM
I am pro life myself, but am pro choice as well. I do not have the right to tell anyone what they can or cannot do with their life.

THIS^^

ConCap
02-07-2012, 03:13 PM
THIS^^

I think she means Pro Life personally and it’s ok if someone else is Pro Choice.