PDA

View Full Version : Lost Malcolm X Speech Surfaces

mickey mouse joy division
02-07-2012, 07:20 AM
Interesting passage...

"We who follow the Honorable Elijah Muhammad feel when you try to pass integration laws here in America, forcing white people to pretend they are accepting black people, you are making white people act in a hypocritical way. However, we feel that when you can change both of them and they come together voluntarily, without force or without pressure, then automatically you are furthering brotherhood and bringing about better relationships between the two races."

http://www.npr.org/2012/02/04/146373796/lost-malcolm-x-speech-heard-again-50-years-later

Sound similar to someone?

ChrisDixon
02-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Clearly, Malcolm X is a racist.

Article V
02-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Oh yeah, 'cause Malcolm X is the go to guy when you're looking to persuade traditional conservative Republicans in a primary.
Move over Reagan, it's Malcolm X that Republicans want to emulate.

If you care about liberty at all, please do not equate Ron Paul with Malcolm X during the Republican primary!

Xenu
02-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Oh yeah, 'cause Malcolm X is the go to guy when you're looking to persuade traditional conservative Republicans in a primary.

If you care about liberty at all, please do not equate Ron Paul with Malcolm X during the Republican primary!

No, I believe this would be used to show the libs that even Malcolm X agrees with Dr. Paul's stance. The Republicans are not the ones that talk about the civil rights issue. This could help the crossovers and disenfranchised dems to at least see that his/our views are not as far off from reality as they may think.

02-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Too true, Xenu.

nasaal
02-07-2012, 08:46 AM
No, I believe this would be used to show the libs that even Malcolm X agrees with Dr. Paul's stance. The Republicans are not the ones that talk about the civil rights issue. This could help the crossovers and disenfranchised dems to at least see that his/our views are not as far off from reality as they may think.
Malcolm X gets too bad a reputation because of his militant stance. I love reading the transcripts of his speeches, the guy was clearly a genius. Regardless of whether this can be used or not, great find on the quote. Many thanks.

Boss
02-07-2012, 08:55 AM
excellent post

its such a paradigm shift to see things this way, but I think this can be a powerful conversion tool

unknown
02-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Similar situation with busing.

In a Gallup poll taken in the early 1970s, very low percentages of whites (4%) and blacks (9%) supported busing outside of local neighborhoods.[3]

Critics point out that children in the Northeast were often bused from integrated schools to less integrated schools.[3] The percentage of Northeastern black children who attended a predominantly black school increased from 67% in 1968 to 80% in 1980 (a higher percentage than in 1954).[3]

Ultimately, even many black leaders, from Wisconsin State Rep. Annette Polly Williams, a Milwaukee Democrat, to Cleveland Mayor Michael White, have come to the conclusion that it is patronizing to think that minority students need to sit next to a white student to learn, and as such led efforts to end busing.[19]

A 1992 study led by Harvard University Professor Gary Orfield, who supports busing, found black and Hispanic students lacked "even modest overall improvement" as a result of court-ordered busing.[20]

Another mystery was why Asian students, segregated in some school systems,[21] nevertheless thrived academically.[22]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desegregation_busing_in_the_United_States#Criticis m

Xenu
02-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Malcolm X gets too bad a reputation because of his militant stance. I love reading the transcripts of his speeches, the guy was clearly a genius. Regardless of whether this can be used or not, great find on the quote. Many thanks.

One thing to check is Malcolm X's views before his assassination. Almost a complete 180 with the militant stuff. Possibly could have led to why he was assassinated.

During his pilgrimage to Mecca he had dinner with people from all religions/colors and started to understand the short comings of being so concrete in his ways. He had given some speeches about his new views before his death.

Of course, public schools and even a lot of scholars only focus on his militant/hate whitey stances. And, not a man who woke up out of being "hypnotized" (in his own words).

The One
02-07-2012, 09:23 AM

I prefer Malcolm in the Middle.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTcwNzUxODM2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjYyMzI5._V1._ SY317_CR2,0,214,317_.jpg

sirgonzo420
02-07-2012, 09:24 AM
That's Obama's dad, ya know.

KingNothing
02-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Malcolm X was awesome.

We can learn a lot from those of his ilk who were engaged in the Civil Rights Movement. MLK Jr. wasn't the only great person of the era. I'd also recommend reading about Medgar Evars and women like Betty Shabazz and Anne Moody, and going back a generation and reading about guys like Marcus Garvey and W. E. B. Du Bois. It's intense and interesting stuff, from dynamic, intelligent, and emotional people.

Feeding the Abscess
02-07-2012, 10:04 AM
I've always liked Malcolm X more than MLK.

jmdrake
02-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Here's something to consider. Back then it the law was that the government forced people to be segregated. Who knows what would have happened if the civil rights act had stopped just with the end of Jim Crowe? It is pretty self evident (to me anyway) that we've reached a point where most whites don't mind being around blacks and vice versa.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
02-07-2012, 11:17 AM

What does this quote have to do with Ron Paul or the bullshit political process we have in this country?

I think the quote is interesting because X expresses and sentiment that many of us feel, that govt is NOT the cure to racism...which has been proven correct.

02-07-2012, 11:33 AM
I posted this in the Grassroots forum mistakenly thinking people would interpret it as back-up for Ron Paul's similar view on the Civil Rights Act. The mods moved it over here, however, and I think that was probably the right choice.

Regardless, I think it's a nice argument against the Ron Paul is a Racist Because of the Civil Rights Act people. Well, some of them. I can already imagine why they wouldn't be persuaded.

KingNothing
02-07-2012, 12:47 PM

C'mon. We as people need to focus on instilling virtue in ourselves, without the government ineffectively and brutally beating it into us. If people can't get behind the notion that government edict does not change what is in an individuals heart, we stand no chance anyway and if this message turns off potential Republican voters, so be it. It's so central to the Liberty movement that we can't compromise on the principle.

KingNothing
02-07-2012, 12:50 PM
I posted this in the Grassroots forum mistakenly thinking people would interpret it as back-up for Ron Paul's similar view on the Civil Rights Act. The mods moved it over here, however, and I think that was probably the right choice.

Regardless, I think it's a nice argument against the Ron Paul is a Racist Because of the Civil Rights Act people. Well, some of them. I can already imagine why they wouldn't be persuaded.

I'm just happy that you posted, it period. Thanks for doing so. It was a good read.