PDA

View Full Version : Irony:

BrittanySligar
02-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Paul gets glitter-bombed, yet his biggest financial backer is a gay man.

5th paragraph under "politics".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Thiel#Politics

gerryb
02-06-2012, 08:41 PM
He's a 1%er, so your argument is invalid!

Jeffster
02-06-2012, 08:43 PM
I dunno if you want to stress that in a GOP primary. One more reason for people to be scared of Ron Paul.

Okie RP fan
02-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Yea, time for these two threads to be moved...

gerryb
02-06-2012, 08:46 PM
I dunno if you want to stress that in a GOP primary. One more reason for people to be scared of Ron Paul.

It's why we lost Iowa...

Because people don't understand the position. Both Left and Right can attack him on it. Having principles isn't always convenient.

BrittanySligar
02-06-2012, 08:49 PM
It's why we lost Iowa...

Because people don't understand the position. Both Left and Right can attack him on it. Having principles isn't always convenient.

It's really sad to see how some people still think in our society. People still think that homosexuality isn't genetic because a sacred book says so.

Short term: pessimistic. Long term: optimistic.

walt
02-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Peter is openly gay, attended Bilderberg and yet supports Ron Paul?

Something doesn't make sense.

Jeffster
02-06-2012, 08:50 PM
It's why we lost Iowa...

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here. I was talking about the message "his biggest financial backer is a gay man" not anything about Ron's principles.

Jeffster
02-06-2012, 08:51 PM
It's really sad to see how some people still think in our society. People still think that homosexuality isn't genetic because a fictional book tells them that they are to be condemned eternally.

Short term: pessimistic. Long term: optimistic.

There's no reason for the "fictional book" remarks. A lot of Ron Paul supporters, including Ron Paul himself, are Christians who believe in the Bible.

BrittanySligar
02-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Peter is openly gay, attended Bilderberg and yet supports Ron Paul?

Something doesn't make sense.

What doesn't make sense is

1) Your assumption that everyone who attends bildergerg is automatically a globalist

2) Your assumption that gay people shouldn't back Ron Paul, when Ron is a LIBERTARIAN.

sailingaway
02-06-2012, 08:53 PM
that was pretty rude of them since he thinks government should be entirely out of marriage and voted to get rid of DADT

also his campaign manager in his last campaign was openly gay.

That guy owes Ron an apology

gerryb
02-06-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here. I was talking about the message "his biggest financial backer is a gay man" not anything about Ron's principles.

I was taking it in broader terms and thinking you meant don't want to advertise RP's position.

I think if his position were clarified and understood, it would help blunt the attacks from the Right(but not win any support), and win support from the moderate Left(but not ultra-lib/progressives)

BrittanySligar
02-06-2012, 09:04 PM
that was pretty rude of them since he thinks government should be entirely out of marriage and voted to get rid of DADT

also his campaign manager in his last campaign was openly gay.

That guy owes Ron an apology

Seriously. I wish I could give them a piece of my mind.

klamath
02-06-2012, 09:16 PM
That is because there are some people that are gay and live their life and then there are gay people that want to shove their life in your face and this guy obviously falls under that category.

GunnyFreedom
02-06-2012, 09:18 PM
It's why we lost Iowa...

TELL me about it :( I get hammered by left and right alike on my position on the Marriage Amendment. I take comfort in the fact that I am in good company though! :p

GunnyFreedom
02-06-2012, 09:24 PM
I was taking it in broader terms and thinking you meant don't want to advertise RP's position.

I think if his position were clarified and understood, it would help blunt the attacks from the Right(but not win any support), and win support from the moderate Left(but not ultra-lib/progressives)

I think this is probably true. To bring up the same example of my stand on the marriage amendment, when I actually have the opportunity to explain it to people, a clear majority say "Oh! Well I guess I don't hate you anymore. I may disagree with you on how you interpret this one issue, but I don't hate you anymore."

Problem is such opportunities are difficult to come by without at least one person somewhere bursting veins in the forehead because I "don't hate gays enough" for their tastes. :rolleyes: