PDA

View Full Version : New PPP polls coming in at 10 tonight [2/6/12]

CTRattlesnake
02-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Via PPP's twitter:

Won't be until after 10 eastern either way but y'all want Missouri or Minnesota first tonight?

I think they're doing colorado as well. Anyone with a twitter account, vote for Minnesota, Missouri doesnt mean anything with regard to delegates.

RileyE104
02-06-2012, 06:44 PM
I honestly don't even want to see another poll!

Maybe they work in primary states but in caucus states the polls have all sucked when it comes to accurate portrayal.

In Iowa, Santorum finished 10 points above his RCP average.
In Nevada, Dr. Paul finished almost 10 points above his RCP average..

They (as in every pollster, not just PPP) should stop polling caucus states IMO...
You can't account for the people who might be swayed into changing their vote once the caucus begins.

ByeByeBernanke
02-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Paul doubled his polling in the PPP Nevada poll didn't he? Bodes well if they had him at 19 in Minnesota...

RileyE104
02-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Paul doubled his polling in the PPP Nevada poll didn't he? Bodes well if they had him at 19 in Minnesota...

no, PPP had him at 15% -- it was the Las Vegas Review or whatever that had him at 9%

02-06-2012, 07:02 PM
I honestly don't even want to see another poll!

Maybe they work in primary states but in caucus states the polls have all sucked when it comes to accurate portrayal.

In Iowa, Santorum finished 10 points above his RCP average.
In Nevada, Dr. Paul finished almost 10 points above his RCP average..

They should stop polling caucus states IMO...
You can't account for the people who might be swayed into changing their vote once the caucus begins.

Not sure if you can blame PPP for that. I think by and large, they've been by far the best pollster in this cycle.

Caucus states are very difficult to poll, and they state that upfront. Turnout is almost impossible to judge in caucus states. However, the poll does gives you a snapshot, and for us, I think it is safe to say that Ron Paul will always overperform against poll numbers in caucus states. Iowa different because the turnout is so much higher than every other caucus state.

RileyE104
02-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Not sure if you can blame PPP for that. I think by and large, they've been by far the best pollster in this cycle.

Caucus states are very difficult to poll, and they state that upfront. Turnout is almost impossible to judge in caucus states. However, the poll does gives you a snapshot, and for us, I think it is safe to say that Ron Paul will always overperform against poll numbers in caucus states. Iowa different because the turnout is so much higher than every other caucus state.

Sorry, to clear things up I meant that all pollsters should stop polling caucus states.

playpianoking
02-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Why do people care about PPP? They tweet like an immature politically motivated organization. No thanks.

tuggy24g
02-06-2012, 08:20 PM
basically I look for who is in the lead and were Ron Paul stands. That is what I am looking for. I do hope that if Ron Paul does not win MN that Santorum wins. That way Mitt will not continue his winning streak and the vote might be spread 4 ways now and make it easier for Ron Paul to win in other states.

Romulus
02-07-2012, 09:25 AM
PPP can suck it... they've low balled Paul almost every time.

libertybrewcity
02-07-2012, 10:12 AM
PPP also issued a statement that Nevada was very hard to poll and that they would likely be wrong.

Liberty74
02-07-2012, 10:25 AM

Not true. PPP had Paul at 15 and with margin of error they were right. Wake up people. PPP is very good at what they do and it doesn't make a difference if it's a primary or caucus.

Too many are still grasping at straws or fully not understanding elections, legit polling, and campaign strategies.