PDA

View Full Version : Which caucus do we have the best shot at winning?

CTRattlesnake
02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Lets be honest folks, the biggest thing holding us back right now is electability. People DO NOT go to RCP everyday and look at how well Ron is doing against Obama, they listen to the media telling them he's unelectable. I cant tell you how many people ive run into that say they like Ron but cant vote for him because he has no chance.

If we WIN a state, this all changes. He is a proven winner now, he gets a nice boost, and we can dispel the media's smear campaign more effectively.

So, which upcoming state do we have the best chance at winning?

Maine, Colorado, Minnesota?

sailingaway
02-06-2012, 01:59 PM
We are in the running in a number. I think more likely MN and/or Maine, then Washington, Louisiana later. I'd love Colorado but I just don't think we had as big an operation there as we would have needed.. I hope for great DELEGATES from there, however. We do need a win to refill the piggy bank though. We like it when he can advertise competitively, not just do grass roots stuff, and the pacs seem heavy on line where his presence already beats the rest :confused:

I hope the upcoming moneybomb is a big one!

And a win or cluster of top showings would sure help it to be.

carterm
02-06-2012, 02:11 PM
MN, ME, ND, SD, Montana, Washington, Louisiana

Travlyr
02-06-2012, 02:21 PM
It all depends on who is counting the votes.

floridasun1983
02-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Winning changes everything. If we can win either Maine or Minnesota (or both), I think the list of other states we can win grows pretty quickly. Gotta get the "he can't win" monkey off our backs in a hurry.

Havax
02-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Montana.

mosquitobite
02-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Montana.

Agree but it's the last primary of the season! LOL!

I think we should focus on Alaska for the best results. It's on Super Tuesday and Mrs Palin would have to take note ;)

JJ2
02-06-2012, 02:32 PM
This Yahoo (AFP) article is lying about the PPP poll numbers in MN:

"Santorum had the support of 29 percent of Minnesota Republicans while Romney won 27 percent in the Public Policy Polling survey released Sunday.

Gingrich was at 18 percent while congressman Ron Paul held 12 percent, the poll showed." (http://news.yahoo.com/santorum-hopes-reset-republican-race-minnesota-144510742.html)

That second set of numbers is from their CO poll! Paul is at 19% in MN! :mad:

SCOTUSman
02-06-2012, 02:35 PM
This Yahoo (AFP) article is lying about the PPP poll numbers in MN:

"Santorum had the support of 29 percent of Minnesota Republicans while Romney won 27 percent in the Public Policy Polling survey released Sunday.

Gingrich was at 18 percent while congressman Ron Paul held 12 percent, the poll showed." (http://news.yahoo.com/santorum-hopes-reset-republican-race-minnesota-144510742.html)

That second set of numbers is from their CO poll! Paul is at 19% in MN! :mad:

Fail by yahoo.

KingNothing
02-06-2012, 02:36 PM
MN, ME, ND, SD, Montana, Washington, Louisiana

I agree with this, and I would add that we've got a shot in Alaska too.

tsai3904
02-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Washington.

We lost in 08 by 4% and we are a lot more organized there this time around. Also, not only is it an open caucus, there is same day registration (although they will soon be voting on restricting it to people registered one week in advance).

ItsTime
02-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Maine, we just DOMINATED in Westbrook caucus, a city Romney won in 08.

Havax
02-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Maine, we just DOMINATED in Westbrook caucus, a city Romney won in 08.

Source?

02-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Maine maybe. CO and MN aren't going to happen IMO.

CTRattlesnake
02-06-2012, 02:57 PM
I think we can win Maine and get a strong second in MN

RDM
02-06-2012, 03:21 PM
All of them if our grassroots gets off their arse and makes sure ALL identified Ron Paul supporters get to the polls. That means if you live in that state where the caucus is held, you get your butt in gear (no excuses), talk to your inner circle of influence i.e. family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc. and find out who is a supporter. Once you identify that supporter, make sure they're registered and help them get registered and make sure they do it. Keep them updated on election day times and locations and on election day go pick them up and take them to the polls if need be. You ALL do this very simple strategy, our numbers will make a difference.

Omnica
02-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Maine! seems to me the best shot we have in the near future

I get all the M---- State Abbreviations mixed up!
Can't keep em all straight!

Maine, Minnesota, Montana, Missouri, Mississippi, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan
Way too many M-states

camp_steveo
02-06-2012, 07:27 PM
ALL of them!

tbone717
02-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Winning changes everything. If we can win either Maine or Minnesota (or both), I think the list of other states we can win grows pretty quickly. Gotta get the "he can't win" monkey off our backs in a hurry.

THIS. With each contest that Paul wins he gains viability in the minds of the voters. With each contest he does poorly he loses viability. The longer it takes for Paul to win, the lower his chances are of winning.