PDA

View Full Version : Romney just canceled plans for a Minneapolis rally tonight - will look better if he loses

sailingaway
02-06-2012, 11:43 AM
to have not been there. Or maybe he didn't want his venue compared to Ron's. Or maybe he thinks despite his mega lead in Colorado, his time is truly better spent there, who knows?

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/politics&id=8532528

freeforall
02-06-2012, 11:44 AM
or all of the above

D.A.S.
02-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Unfortunately, Grinch cancelled rallies due to poor attendance, and that didn't hurt his numbers any... Mitt is probably just focusing on where he can win most convincingly, like Colorado... So I wouldn't take too much comfort in his event cancellations.

InTradePro
02-06-2012, 12:53 PM
or all of the above
or none of them

Jeremy
02-06-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm glad the national front runner are paying less attention to it. He will get a lot of people who watch Fox News and other national media. Rick Santorum is polling very well in MN and hopefully takes from them. Looks like it's going to be a 4 man race... so we could get last or first.

sailingaway
02-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Unfortunately, Grinch cancelled rallies due to poor attendance, and that didn't hurt his numbers any... Mitt is probably just focusing on where he can win most convincingly, like Colorado... So I wouldn't take too much comfort in his event cancellations.

I'm not. He wants to be where he expects to win, for optics. It is just unusual to cancel an election eve rally, I thought.

sailingaway
02-06-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm glad the two national front runners are paying less attention to it. They will get a lot of people who watch Fox News and other national media. Rick Santorum is polling very well in MN and hopefully takes from them. Looks like it's going to be a 4 man race... so we could get last or first.

Unfortunately, RS is also polling well in Missouri which is the same day, and where grass roots are essentially carrying the ball for us. It is just a beauty contest, and G isn't even on the ballot, but even if RS does just 'well' in MN he will also have bolstered MO numbers to point to for media narrative, and he should do pretty well in CO. He won't do abysmally again until Maine.

AlexG
02-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Maybe he wants to give it to Ron? or another candidate? To make it seem like he isn't trying