PDA

View Full Version : BOYCOTT LIST: please add to

parke
11-12-2007, 12:43 PM
For the folks that think we are 'shilling' for Ron Paul, trolling the internet and wont allow talk of Dr. Paul unless he is assisinatted; we need to make sure they dont get any traffic. Agreed?

1. Redstate
2. Pajamas Media

LibertyEagle
11-12-2007, 12:47 PM
You left off The Liberty Post.

American
11-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Abc, Fox,

fcofer
11-12-2007, 12:51 PM
For the folks that think we are 'shilling' for Ron Paul, trolling the internet and wont allow talk of Dr. Paul unless he is assisinatted; we need to make sure they dont get any traffic. Agreed?

1. Redstate
2. Pajamas Media

I completely agree with your motives, and if it were possible to achieve your goals, I would definitely be on board.

With respect to Redstate -- yeah, screw 'em, nobody's going there.

But Pajamas Media is another matter. They have a poll up, and Ron Paul supporters are going to go vote in the poll. Remember this great, incredibly awesome fact: readers of the ronpaulforums are only a tiny percentage of the huge pro-Paul Internet presence.

Essentially, it is impossible for us to actually boycott that poll. We're a very powerful Internet presence (which is why this forum alone can influence things so much on the Internet), but compared to the Ron Paul Internet presence generally, we are a drop in the bucket.

Since we can't herd all the rest of the cats, I say we should just shrug and flood their poll (by voting in it once apiece per week, which is all we've ever needed to dominate it). Then their poll will look stupid and that will hurt them more. :)

Furis
11-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Abc, Fox,

ABC??? What I had seen of there stuff was ok.

Add FOX News to the list though.

theseus51
11-12-2007, 12:55 PM
We don't need an "enemies list". This is the kind of isolationism crap that the neo-cons preach.

son of liberty
11-12-2007, 01:03 PM
We don't need an "enemies list". This is the kind of isolationism crap that the neo-cons preach.

very true.

JMann
11-12-2007, 01:03 PM
I don't boycott, kind of useless in this day and age anyways. If I like a product or service I use it, if I don't like it I won't use it. I see calls for boycotts everyday about one thing or another and it always seems nutty to me.

wsc321
11-12-2007, 01:06 PM
ABC???

Agreed. I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one excellent TV piece on ABC.

Actually, in the TV media I'd only boycott FNC at this point. All the others will spin, whatever - but on balance I'd keep watching them and I've seen a few good pieces here and there.

Definitely agree with avoiding RedState at all costs, too. Sad such a mentality exists in American politics.

(Side note: I often wonder if the competitiveness between the news outlets will over-ride any underlying bias against Paul and produce a "crack in the dam" one day that will get out of hand... in a good way, of course.)

troyd1
11-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Just make sure you don;t click on any of the ads on their website.

JoshLowry
11-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Politico.com for this crap from their executive editor on CNN:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200705160009?f=h_top

After the May 15th debate, Politico executive editor Jim VandeHei completely ignores the fact that Rudy Giuliani is ignorant of why we were attacked on 9/11 and praises him for attacking Ron Paul.

From the Media Matters article:

For example, on the May 16 edition of CNN's American Morning, Politico executive editor Jim VandeHei said that "Rudy Giuliani came off terrific" during the debate, "mostly because he got that softball, where Ron Paul lobs it to him and basically blames the U.S. for the 9-11 attacks." In response to VandeHei, co-host John Roberts mimicked a baseball swing with his arms and said, "Ron Paul -- lob ball, and boom." VandeHei then concluded: "You dream of those moments when you're a candidate, that's for sure." Later in the program, Roberts said that Paul "did kind of stick his foot in it, though, when he suggested last night that it was U.S. intervention overseas that was responsible for the 9-11 attacks."
A May 16 Politico.com report (http://mediamatters.org/rd?http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0507/4021.html) on the debate by Jonathan Martin mentioned the dispute between Paul and Giuliani and uncritically quoted Giuliani campaign manager Mike DuHaime's claim that Giuliani "is not going to sit there and let somebody say that [9-11] was our fault."Politico.com will never get love from me.

fj45lvr
11-12-2007, 01:42 PM
GRASSFIRE and their web forum "FIRESOCIETY".