PDA

View Full Version : Obama is Ron Pauling AGAIN.

unknown
02-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Obama says risky to attack Iran, wants diplomatic fix. (http://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-risky-attack-iran-wants-diplomatic-fix-002001512.html)

Ron Paul has been saying this for months but he's a "crazy loon".

Obama says it and oh yah, it makes sense.

GTFO.

jsem
02-06-2012, 10:24 AM
But Obama is the same one who in the SOTU speech said nothing was off the table in trying stopping Iran from getting a nuke.

blabam
02-06-2012, 10:25 AM
This was in "campaignmode".

Boss
02-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Our options (considering RP can't become Pres for months):

[1] Obama builds up propaganda and attacks Iran in an overreaction
[2] Obama adopts Ron Paul's foreign policy and tries diplomacy/persuasion

I'm pretty happy with option #2

McGs
02-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Is that why he's blocking Iranian assets in the US and all US banks across the globe.

GrahamUK
02-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Our options (considering RP can't become Pres for months):

[1] Obama builds up propaganda and attacks Iran in an overreaction
[2] Obama adopts Ron Paul's foreign policy and tries diplomacy/persuasion

I'm pretty happy with option #2

Im confuzzled :confused: I thought it was all about killing brown people, borrowing money from China and building bases on the moon

Highstreet
02-06-2012, 10:51 AM
But Obama is the same one who in the SOTU speech said nothing was off the table in trying stopping Iran from getting a nuke.

It's such a lie because DIPLOMACY is OFF the table. There are no diplomats there. There is no embassy.

DEGuy
02-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Iran wants to talk, but we (Western world) are refusing, with the lame, unfounded excuse of "They are just stalling to build nukes."

xFiFtyOnE
02-06-2012, 11:00 AM
The war will still happen. They are just going to let Israel handle it. But don't worry your sweet little head, the U.S. will be involved, just behind the scenes.

I'd love to believe Obama is serious when he is "Ron Pauling" but I think it's a show for re-election. Let's see if Barry starts talking about a gold standard soon...

Edward
02-06-2012, 11:02 AM
The war will still happen. They are just going to let Israel handle it. But don't worry your sweet little head, the U.S. will be involved, just behind the scenes.

Unfortunately, the sabre-rattling is working...

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/israel_the_middle_east/if_israel_attacks_iran_48_want_u_s_to_help_israel

GrahamUK
02-06-2012, 11:13 AM
I think what people need to understand is that what we in the west are seeing is the world wide battle for the last remaining oil reserves.. I know its prolly a little more complicated than that, but not by much.. Its the greed and utter ignorance of our ruling classes that have us were we are today.. Russia and China constantly object to us invading or bombing these nations, why? Cus Russia and China trade with them, we just want to loot them!

Speaking as someone from Britain it appears to me nothing more than modern day colonialism and imperialism.. If they would just accept the dollar, McDonalds and Coke-Cola then everything would run alot smoother lol

xFiFtyOnE
02-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Also, Pakistan announced it is joining the coalition and backing Iran if it is attacked. I'm sure Obama factored this in. China/Russia/Iran/Pakistan vs NATO. http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4185684,00.html

mosquitobite
02-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Obama will not war before November. That much I can assure everyone. Now Israel? Don't know.

phill4paul
02-06-2012, 11:30 AM
There is a difference. The kind of diplomacy that Obombya will be using is called 'gunboat' diplomacy.

mosquitobite
02-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Also, Pakistan announced it is joining the coalition and backing Iran if it is attacked. I'm sure Obama factored this in. China/Russia/Iran/Pakistan vs NATO. http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4185684,00.html

My post on a friend's status:

as to foreign policy - we need to be a little bit more strategic about the best interests of THIS country, more thoughtful about possible consequences, and less about just going into the Middle East beating our chest. We now have 3 other world powers (with nukes, by the way) that have already gone on the record saying if there is an attack on Iran - they will side with Iran: China, Russia, & yesterday Pakistan. Americans need to decide here and now - in this primary season - whether they are voting for those who are outright encouraging World War III or whether we want to try to get our OWN FISCAL HOUSE in order FIRST. We.are.broke. We cannot afford another war, let alone a World War. We already borrow from China to fight the wars we have been fighting for a decade. Where will we get the money for Iran since China has already said they will stand behind Iran? If they bankrupt us - they win. Period.

mconder
02-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Once Obama is reelected, he'll attack Iran. All presidents take their foreign policy orders from the CFR.

Case in point...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyVZjNYK1Ok

The CFR is currently recommending war with Iran.

mconder
02-06-2012, 12:03 PM

i.e. WWIII

malkusm
02-06-2012, 12:06 PM
To me, the ridiculous part of the Iran fearmongering is that they don't even try to hide the fact that it's all about oil anymore. At least when it came to Iraq, they focused on the imminent threat, Iraq's WMDs, etc. - even if it was all lies.

With Iran, the nukes are secondary to Iran's threats to close the Strait of Hormuz. The other GOP candidates all openly admit this. If it were about nukes, we'd be going after Pakistan long before we went after Iran.

Ten years of constant war have set the precedent for ever-decreasing standards for what justifies a new war.

phill4paul
02-06-2012, 12:10 PM
To me, the ridiculous part of the Iran fearmongering is that they don't even try to hide the fact that it's all about oil anymore. At least when it came to Iraq, they focused on the imminent threat, Iraq's WMDs, etc. - even if it was all lies.

With Iran, the nukes are secondary to Iran's threats to close the Strait of Hormuz. The other GOP candidates all openly admit this. If it were about nukes, we'd be going after Pakistan long before we went after Iran.

Ten years of constant war have set the precedent for ever-decreasing standards for what justifies a new war.

I give equal validity to banking as the impetus. Much of this 'wars' has to do with monetary manipulation and world banking.

GrahamUK
02-06-2012, 12:11 PM

This

McGs
02-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Now the US is trying to portray them as the cause for the bad economy.

As Michael Scheuer said, as far as the American people are concerned war is something that happens on someone else's soil. People need to wake the f*** up and start telling Washington to back off.

Also, Iran needs to say less to avoid conflicts.

deputydon
02-06-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm confused myself. Because honestly, I've never heard Obama be Pro-war against Iran. I do believe he's being 'pushed' into going to war with Iran, but aside from the 'taking no options off the table' comment, I can't recall him ever being pro war against Iran.

RickyJ
02-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Obama says risky to attack Iran, wants diplomatic fix. (http://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-risky-attack-iran-wants-diplomatic-fix-002001512.html)

Ron Paul has been saying this for months but he's a "crazy loon".

Obama says it and oh yah, it makes sense.

GTFO.

He can win with that message if his opponent is anyone but Ron Paul!

That is why the Republicans better nominate Ron Paul!

dusman
02-06-2012, 05:39 PM

CRIPs vs BLOODs? ... "Gangsta" :cool: