PDA

View Full Version : Wiki-warriors! Ron Paul needs you!

Taco John
11-12-2007, 12:39 PM
If you control the vocabulary, you control the debate...

On Face the Nation, Ron Paul coined the term "neo-isolationist." We need to stake claim to this term on Wikipedia... It's currently not there. I know people who have started to call Ron Paul a "neo-isolationist" and we need to combat this by taking the definition for ourselves.

I don't know how to use wikipedia very well, and I'm at a conference this week. Can we get a wiki-warrior out there who can start an entry for the term "neo-isolationist" that reflects someone who is in favor of isolating the United States through policies that infringe on soverignty of other nations and alienate allies?

Thanks!

Taco John
11-12-2007, 12:49 PM
bump

AlexMerced
11-12-2007, 12:50 PM
while your all at post your ron pauls tory on the wiki in my signature, also I'll make an area to put links to other ron paul wikis

AlexMerced
11-12-2007, 01:01 PM
ok, I added Ron Paul social media and other wiki links to my wiki, and I'll be adding a glossary, but I'll need your help to define it as best as possible

Cindy
11-12-2007, 01:06 PM
This is a great idea. On Face the Nation, paul defined a neo isolationist as someone who makes enemies with other countries by launching pre-emptive strikes on them and by cutting off free trade and diplomacy talks.

Hope that helps.

Cindy
11-12-2007, 01:09 PM
While you wiki warriors are at it. Can you also coin the word neoliberal.

That would be a liberal that is for pre-emptive war, empire nation building, and removing civil rights and liberties in the name of national security.

Hillary is a neoliberal example.

brandon
11-12-2007, 01:18 PM
I startred an entry on "neo-isolationism". I ran out of time. Can someone else clear up my grammar mistakes and expand on what i wrote?

AlexMerced
11-12-2007, 01:36 PM
cool, keep thorwing out more terms I should add to glossary in the wiki in my sig

Taco John
11-12-2007, 02:06 PM
awesome...