PDA

View Full Version : Nevada GOP Statement: Certifying Caucus Results

SCOTUSman
02-06-2012, 04:25 AM
Nothing about low turnout or the issues that came up in counting or in reports from Clark or Washoe counties.

NVGOP Caucus Results Certified

Romney wins, Gingrich 2nd, Paul 3rd, Santorum 4th

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA – The Nevada Republican Party (NVGOP) has certified the results of the 2012 Nevada Republican Caucus, officially declaring Governor Mitt Romney the winner. This evening the NVGOP received final certified ballot counts from the Clark County Republican Party and final statewide totals were certified by the NVGOP Executive Board as required by party rules.

Party rules state that NVGOP must certify the entire state within a day of the caucus. The final results have been reviewed by the presidential campaigns and unanimously certified by the Nevada GOP Executive Board to ensure accuracy and transparency. While in some states it takes days or weeks to complete certification, NVGOP certified the results in less than a day. Results as follows:

Nevada Caucus
February 4, 2012
100% reporting (1800/1800)

All Candidates

Romney

50.0%

Gingrich

21.1%

Paul

18.7%

Santorum

9.9%

Acting Nevada Republican Party Chairman James Smack and Secretary Jim DeGraffenried issued the following statements:

“The Nevada Republican Party congratulates Governor Mitt Romney on his victory as well as the entire field for their participation in the caucuses,” said acting Chairman James Smack. “Republicans in Nevada are moving in the right direction, we continue to register more voters than the Democratic Party, and we are enthusiastic to move forward after our caucuses to beat Barack Obama and build on our GOP victories in 2010,” Smack continued.

“This evening after a unanimous approval by the Nevada GOP Executive Board, consultation with the presidential campaigns, I have officially certified the 2012 Nevada Caucus results,” said DeGraffenried.

J_White
02-06-2012, 04:47 AM
finally its over !

Paulatized
02-06-2012, 06:17 AM
I was really wanting to see a 9 pt something out by Santorum's name.

justatrey
02-06-2012, 06:27 AM
Well at least we got a few more votes than in 2008, and a higher percentage: 14% -> 19%.

OK, yes that's my sad attempt to spin this into something positive :)

Patrick Henry
02-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Even if Paul wins the nomination, I don't think the GOP is capable of handling a presidential election.

ghengis86
02-06-2012, 06:57 AM
What a bunch of imbeciles.

No Free Beer
02-06-2012, 07:01 AM
It's official because they said so.

I believe them...

(rolls eyes)

Liberty74
02-06-2012, 07:07 AM
I predicted Ron would end up 700 votes down from Newt and that was before Clark was counted.

How many votes did Ron end up behind Newton Leroy?

goldpants
02-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Where is that johngault guy who knows everyone in NV gop been since the issues became very real? I want names to quote him.

No Free Beer
02-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Where is that johngault guy who knows everyone in NV gop been since the issues became very real? I want names to quote him.

Although I respect him, I believe he is wrong.

Like everyone is saying on this forum: either there was fraud or incompetence.

Kingfisher
02-06-2012, 09:11 AM
Although I respect him, I believe he is wrong.

Like everyone is saying on this forum: either there was fraud or incompetence.

Maybe even "Incompetent Fraud"

UK4Paul
02-06-2012, 09:16 AM
I hope this was also certified by UN observers.

Peace&Freedom
02-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Ron was mugged for the second time in a month. Again, there is no innocent explanation for the days long delay in counting Clark votes, especially since fewer people voted this time than in 2008 (when all counting was finished by Saturday). Clearly, the propaganda war is fully engaged---there will be attempts to deny Paul a victory, or even the momentum of a strong second, anywhere some GOP or media handlers can tactically manage to. We just have to stay on course and not let their attempts to sap our morale get to us.

gerryb
02-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Ron was mugged for the second time in a month. Again, there is no innocent explanation for the days long delay in counting Clark votes, especially since fewer people voted this time than in 2008 (when all counting was finished by Saturday). Clearly, the propaganda war is fully engaged---there will be attempts to deny Paul a victory, or even the momentum of a strong second, anywhere some GOP or media handlers can tactically manage to. We just have to stay on course and not let their attempts to sap our morale get to us.

So tell me, why did none of the Ron Paul voters in each precinct care about their vote?

It's not difficult to observe the count/process and report results up to campaign HQ so they can challenge any mis-reporting.