PDA

View Full Version : Is Obama's Peace Prize About To Be Confiscated? Nobel Peace Prize Jury Under Investigation

Vessol
02-06-2012, 12:09 AM
It would be interesting to see the media's reaction if this actually happens.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/obamas-peace-prize-about-be-confiscated-nobel-peace-prize-jury-under-investigation

moderate libertarian
02-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Yes it would be very interesting.

In case Nobel Peace Prize committee is looking for additional candidates to award peace awards, there is another dude who is looking for a medal:

Norway mass killer demands medal at court hearing
Associated PressBy BJOERN H. AMLAND | Associated Press – 3 hrs ago

OSLO, Norway (AP) — The right-wing extremist who has admitted killing 77 people in Norway's worst peacetime massacre told a court Monday that he deserves a medal of honor for the bloodshed and demanded to be set free.

http://news.yahoo.com/norway-mass-killer-demands-medal-court-hearing-133012973.html

bolil
02-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Seems like you gotta send others to do the killing to qualify for the nobel.

Grubb556
02-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Basically Alfred Nobel wanted to award peace prizes to those who reduced the use of military for international diplomacy, in which case, if Ron Paul was president, he could definately be considered to receive one.

QueenB4Liberty
02-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Haha awesome!

jmdrake
02-06-2012, 07:42 PM
LOL. This is what I don't get though. Why are Liu Xiaobo and the Liberian women's prizes in jeopardy and Al Gore's is not? Anyway, I hope this happens. But if it does, Norway might get invaded.

Wolverine302
02-06-2012, 09:17 PM
do they take their money back too?

Valli6
02-06-2012, 10:37 PM
LOL. This is what I don't get though. Why are Liu Xiaobo and the Liberian women's prizes in jeopardy and Al Gore's is not? Anyway, I hope this happens. But if it does, Norway might get invaded.
Sounds like there's a rule that only allows them to go back 3 years.

If the Stockholm County Administrative Board...finds that prize founder Alfred Nobel's will is not being honored, it has the authority to suspend award decisions going back three years —