PDA

View Full Version : Gated Community -- Who reported that? Can't locate the actual info on it.

Lord Xar
02-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Where are the tweets or info where this came about... the notification of it.

sailingaway
02-05-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure if it was Clark county or not, but I remember it and tweets are in the running, 200 + post long thread...

Lord Xar
02-05-2012, 04:47 PM
yeah, I looked and couln't locate the tweets.. arghh..

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-05-2012, 04:52 PM
DAVEatm David IsBell
The word. No site count at leavitt middle school. Ballots followed into gated community. #nvcaucus Gibbs says on it

jamezelle
02-05-2012, 04:53 PM
MelanieLuvsTony MelanieLuvsTony RT @elizcrum Told #nvcaucus ballots driven fr Leavitt MiddleSchool w/out site count, then didnt go 2 HQ but were driven into gated community
Found it

wgadget
02-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Go to Twitter and search #NVCaucus?

sailingaway
02-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Go to Twitter and search #NVCaucus?

with the word 'gated'. the guy apparently told people trying to track him down who couldn't get in the gate, that he wanted a drink and to 'go to hell'. I do remember that, but not what county it was.

I guess we could look up Leavitt middle school for the county.

sailingaway
02-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Yep, Las Vegas, which would be Clark County...

http://www.greatschools.org/nevada/las-vegas/618-Justice-M-E-Leavitt-Middle-School/

Lord Xar
02-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks a bunch all.

carterm
02-05-2012, 05:07 PM
elizcrum Elizabeth Crum (E!!)
Update on Leavitt: Man who took ballots 2 his house in gated comm. for 20 min.s told my source that he stopped to get a soda & "go to hell".

ItsTime
twitter of importance or just random noise?

carterm
Told by a @ClarkCountyGOP spox that they are looking into Leavitt Middle School ballots being out of sight of the #nvcaucus observer.
4 Feb

which means the ballots were/out of sight of a #nvcaucus observer, which should never happen. (2/2)
4 Feb

Told #nvcaucus ballots driven from Leavitt Middle School w/out site count, then did not go 2 HQ but were driven into a gated community (1/2)

wgadget
02-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Hey, OP. Whatcha gonna do with this tasty morsel of information?

carterm
02-05-2012, 05:13 PM
bump

ItsTime
02-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Who are the tweeters?

sailingaway
02-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Who are the tweeters?
I'm pretty sure Elizabeth Crum was some kind of a reporter. She's not apparently intending to go Nancy Drew with this, however.

carterm
02-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Elizabeth Crum (E!!)
@elizcrum Las Vegas, NV
Co-host of The Agenda on KSNV/News3 in Las Vegas. NevadaNewsBureau.com publisher. E!! blogger. Political junkie. Foodie. NE sports fan. Opinions = mine.
http://www.elizabethcrum.com/

http://twitter.com/elizabethcrum

kathy88
02-05-2012, 05:29 PM
"stopped to get a soda & "go to hell"

Damn. Missed that last night.

wgadget
02-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Ben Swann, we need you...

sailingaway
02-05-2012, 05:32 PM
here's a bit more, some is duplicative, but it shows it was known about:

TheJesseLaw Jesse Law

@SteveSebelius Leavitt HS site mngr broke major protocols raises serious red flags. Will be fight over whether 2 throw ballots out #nvcaucus
4 Feb

geoffreyvs Geoff Skelley
RT @elizcrum: Told by a @ClarkCountyGOP spox that they are looking into Leavitt MS ballots being out of sight of the #nvcaucus observer.
4 Feb

Zac_Petkanas Zac Petkanas
MT @elizcrum Told by a @ClarkCountyGOP spox they are looking into Leavitt Middle School ballots being out of sight of #nvcaucus observer.
4 Feb

Told by a @ClarkCountyGOP spox that they are looking into Leavitt Middle School ballots being out of sight of the #nvcaucus observer.
4 Feb

deadKoRnbread OHIO4RONPAUL
RT @MelanieLuvsTony RT @elizcrum Told #nvcaucus ballots driven from Leavitt Middle School w/out (cont) tl.gd/fnrgfb
4 Feb

hdubtre Howard Watts III
#clustercount =5 MT@elizcrum: #nvcaucus ballots driven from Leavitt MS w/o site count then didn't go 2 HQ but 2 gated community w/o observer
4 Feb
»

DAVEatm David IsBell
The word. No site count at leavitt middle school. Ballots followed into gated community. #nvcaucus Gibbs says on it
4 Feb

libertybrewcity
02-05-2012, 05:34 PM
I don't like a number of laws, but when it comes to elections there should be more criminal penalties for messing with elections/voting/ballots and doing this kind of idiotic crap.

Call me a statist, but that is f'ed up.

sparebulb
02-05-2012, 05:46 PM
I don't like a number of laws, but when it comes to elections there should be more criminal penalties for messing with elections/voting/ballots and doing this kind of idiotic crap.

I agree.

Nothing statist about it.

Margo37
02-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Ben Swann, we need you...

OH! YES! HE has nothing on Twitter or FB about Nevada.

cdw
02-05-2012, 06:06 PM
This is one of those cases where many individuals should have become a barrier to these scumbags that were going to take these ballots to another location. They should have blocked the exits, filmed everything with their cell phone and then if need be call the cops as backup, refusing to budge until all the ballots were counted right there in front of everybody.

eleganz
02-05-2012, 06:17 PM

While I agree with you that it is immoral but regulating these guys to do the right thing only makes the people lazier.

There are two plausible solutions I see for this:

1) We need to expose this corruption and awake the people to bring down the two party system.

2) We need to run for committee positions into the county GOP, it is actually VERY easy....much easier than you guys think and is very very doable for our grassroots across the nation. If we can get majority RP supporters into every county GOP committee, it will chase the rest away and we can make sure the elections are fair.

affa
02-05-2012, 06:26 PM

Criminal penalties are after the fact, which means they come too late.
We need open, secure elections. In a caucus situation, that means strict roll counts, observed counting, perhaps with some level of vote identification [ie, you know you placed vote #3232, so when it is read out loud you hear it was correctly read]. And all on film. This is just one example; plenty of variants could be discussed.

It's quite simple to hold a fair election. However, none of these practices are put into place because, well, they would guarantee fair elections.

Criminal penalties after the fact won't stop it, since if the implementation is flawed, it's difficult to prove voter fraud to begin with.