PDA

View Full Version : Nevada State GOP Chair resigns

Ekrub
02-05-2012, 01:24 PM
From DP:

So this is a huge screwup

Anjeanette Damon - @AnjeanetteDamon

To make things even better for the #nvgop, Chairwoman Amy Tarkanian's resignation took effect at 12:01 a.m. Status of the chair up in air.

UtahApocalypse
02-05-2012, 01:25 PM
wtf??? This is HUGE

So nobody knows who is in charge??

MyEyesTheyBurn
02-05-2012, 01:25 PM
http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/136798983.html

She resigned a month ago. Her husband is running for the House.

wtf??? This is HUGE

So nobody knows who is in charge?? Not so fast.

kathy88
02-05-2012, 01:26 PM
This is going to be good.

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Helps commit vote fraud, gets shown a path of least resistance to another position in D.C.?

wgadget
02-05-2012, 01:28 PM
I wonder if it was the threat of a lawsuit by the Paul campaign that did her in? :eek:

Edit: Eh, guess not:

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Nevada GOP Chairwoman Amy Tarkanian says she is resigning from her post to help her husband campaign for the U.S. House.

Tarkanian said Thursday that several party leaders asked her to resign because her husband, Danny Tarkanian, plans to run for Nevada's new 4th Congressional District seat.

Tarkanian says she will step down on Feb. 5, a day after Nevada Republicans hold their presidential caucus.

Tarkanian says she didn't want to leave the volunteer job, but her critics insisted she could not remain neutral with her husband running for office against other Republicans.

Danny Tarkanian says he expects to formally launch his U.S. House run next week.

Amy Tarkanian became GOP chairwoman in June.

She says she will work full-time on her husband's campaign after she resigns

sailingaway
Helps commit vote fraud, gets shown a path of least resistance to another position in D.C.?

from this being pre planned it sounds more like a technicality. She had resigned, to take effect AFTER the caucuses so there wouldn't be transition issues during the caucuses. They should just have her hold over.

MyEyesTheyBurn

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Nevada GOP Chairwoman Amy Tarkanian says she is resigning from her post to help her husband campaign for the U.S. House.

Tarkanian said Thursday that several party leaders asked her to resign because her husband, Danny Tarkanian, plans to run for Nevada's new 4th Congressional District seat.

Tarkanian says she will step down on Feb. 5, a day after Nevada Republicans hold their presidential caucus.

Tarkanian says she didn't want to leave the volunteer job, but her critics insisted she could not remain neutral with her husband running for office against other Republicans.

Danny Tarkanian says he expects to formally launch his U.S. House run next week.

Amy Tarkanian became GOP chairwoman in June.

She says she will work full-time on her husband's campaign after she resigns.

newbitech
02-05-2012, 01:29 PM
put the brakes on this rumor that it has something to do with the BS that is happening with the vote.

Ekrub
02-05-2012, 01:30 PM
wtf??? This is HUGE

So nobody knows who is in charge??

To be honest I don't really know. Someone must be in charge, but my thread title is a bit misleading. makes it seem as if she resigned because of this which is not true. Can a mod please edit

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-05-2012, 01:30 PM
put the brakes on this rumor that it has something to do with the BS that is happening with the vote.

First rule of politics: Never discredit rumors

newbitech
02-05-2012, 01:31 PM
First rule of politics: Never discredit rumors

I am sorry, but screw politics. I want the damn truth.

sailingaway
02-05-2012, 01:31 PM

this

mmadness
02-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Interesting that the two state GOP heads that resigned - Iowa and Nevada, are the states which have had the most irregularities...

Philosophy_of_Politics

So do I, open mind to all of these ongoing events.

The sheer frequency of errors and mishaps this election cycle should just reinforce the fact that everything (and I do mean everything) is being utilized to keep Paul down.

The rules of probability simply do not suggest otherwise.

MozoVote
Her husand Danny Tarkanian did campaign against Sue Lowden -- and said before the vote that he would support Sharron Angle, if Angle won the primary. I'm not assuming there isn't anything more to this than suspicious "looking" timing.

MyEyesTheyBurn
02-05-2012, 01:33 PM
put the brakes on this rumor that it has something to do with the BS that is happening with the vote.This. This. This. This.

Holy crap, everyone has their tinfoil hats on today. Understandable provided the current recount in process, but conspiracy theory should not be the default response to everything.

Ekrub
02-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Or lock thread

tsai3904
02-05-2012, 01:34 PM

Daily Paul commenters as usual pushing this rumor hard.

MyEyesTheyBurn
02-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Or lock thread Yes. Please.

newbitech
02-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Daily Paul commenters as usual pushing this rumor hard.

I don't particularly like the format of the discussion at dailypaul, which is why I have never posted there. It is much easier to get down to the bare bones facts here at RPF. Not surprised if other venues don't have mechanisms to deal with wild rumors with their lack of topic aggregation and consistency via unthreaded forum topics.

Diurdi
02-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Yeah, has nothing to do with the current irregularities in Clark County. I'd Lock it before anyone gets any false ideas.

tsai3904
02-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Not surprised if other venues don't have mechanisms to deal with wild rumors with their lack of topic aggregation and consistency via unthreaded forum topics.

Its not just the mechanisms of commenting and viewing threads. I posted a comment with a link to the news article from January 6 and someone commented this:

"She knows it's all rigged, so back in January knowing she would help in this fraud, decides that it's best to step down immediately after the caucus .. Have no doubts, this fraud has been planned months in advance, if not years.."

There's many more of those under comments where people try to explain the resignation had been planned a month ago.

newbitech
02-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Its not just the mechanisms of commenting and viewing threads. I posted a comment with a link to the news article from January 6 and someone commented this:

"She knows it's all rigged, so back in January knowing she would help in this fraud, decides that it's best to step down immediately after the caucus .. Have no doubts, this fraud has been planned months in advance, if not years.."

There's many more of those under comments where people try to explain the resignation had been planned a month ago.

yeah, i get that, and that was my thought too. It may be true, who knows. Think of what would happen if that commentary was threaded though. You wouldn't have to go way on down the list to read that discussion and if it was a valid enough point, a new thread would be created for discussion.

i don't know enough about the posters at dailypaul like you seem to know to come to the conclusion that the site is more conspiratorial, but I do know that non threaded discussion, like you find on disgracebook tend to run away from the OP and that I believe is a perfect recipe for the story and facts getting distorted the longer the discussion goes on.

mosquitobite
02-06-2012, 01:06 PM
So when does Nevada hold their caucus/primaries for the House?

HOLLYWOOD
02-06-2012, 01:14 PM

She resigned a month ago. Her husband is running for the House.

Not so fast.Danny family backed Harry Reid in the General election against Dominionist Sharon Angle in the US Senate General election.

It the criminal corrupt garbage of Nevada politics and nothing is more filthy that Clark county where all the political transplants from around the nation, bring their politcal garbage. Joe Heck, Shelley Berkeley, Sue Lowden, the entire Tarkanian family, on and on... the clown at T.R.U.N.C., CCRP... The Old Gangsters were exponentially better because you knew where they stod and what code of conducts.

The Clark county GOP are filthy slime, using revolving doors of wanta be politicians and incompetency to get that targeted push of election fraud.