02-05-2012, 11:34 AM

tbone717
02-05-2012, 11:35 AM
What county?

liberty2012
02-05-2012, 11:36 AM

UtahApocalypse
no where does that say Ron Paul Campaign ordered the recount. For all we know 100 pissed off supporters swarmed the place.

sailingaway
Clark. We don't know they ordered a recount, but the Nevada GOP knows we will hold them responsible for funny business. We did last time. And I'm not speaking about the campaign level.

BUSHLIED
02-05-2012, 11:44 AM
At least there are lawyers involved on the campaign's behalf...Ron's campaign is exposing everything that is wrong with our country. The two-party system needs to go.

Liberty74
02-05-2012, 12:21 PM
At least there are lawyers involved on the campaign's behalf...Ron's campaign is exposing everything that is wrong with our country. The two-party system needs to go.

^This

It's the two party "criminal" system set up by design to give voters a belief they have a say in the process.

Tumn1s
02-05-2012, 12:28 PM
I know for a fact from working with the campaign first hand that they already have over 10 different lawsuits written and ready to file in the event that there's any irregularities in the voting process. The fact that it's taken so long to certify the vote totals tells me that these lawsuits have likely been filed.

UtahApocalypse
02-05-2012, 12:29 PM
I know for a fact from working with the campaign first hand that they already have over 10 different lawsuits written and ready to file in the event that there's any irregularities in the voting process. The fact that it's taken so long to certify the vote totals tells me that these lawsuits have likely been filed.

filed on a Sunday.... ok Mr. 37 posts with inside info

Restore America Now
02-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Get it Ron! ;)

No Free Beer
02-05-2012, 12:32 PM
wait, what?

frickettz
02-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Yes this all need to be elaborated on.

RPit
02-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Voter fraud, not much else can be elaborated

LisaNY
02-05-2012, 12:37 PM
AnjeanetteDamon Anjeanette Damon
State party officials have swarmed the Clark Co offices. More people watching than counting. #nvcaucus
45 seconds ago

sailingaway
02-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Voter fraud, not much else can be elaborated

not necessarily fraud but when questions come up and they do, people make judgment calls. Insiders usually benefit. There were precincts that didn't have official ballots and everyone voted on substitute ballots. How are those being handled, etc? All involve judgement calls and the campaign, by being in their face with attorneys is saying it isn't going to allow unfair ones, without a fight. Note that since Ron generally did better than Gingrich in Clark County, any precinct 'thrown out' is a likely loss of votes for Ron, against Gingrich's edge prior to Clark County.

Dlynne
Originally Posted by Tumn1s

I don't have any inside information, and I don't reside in Nevada. But as a lawyer I can tell you that it is possible to file a lawsuit on a Sunday in an emergency situation. There is always one judge on call at all times for emergencies.

shrugged0106
so is this positive or negative for us? Im a lil confused to be honest.

Tumn1s
02-05-2012, 12:41 PM
I may only have 37 posts, but post count is not indicative of credibility. I've spent more time on the ground working directly with the campaign in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina than you. I've personally talked to the lawyers who are writing their suits and you can file an emergency injunction any day of the week.

bbwarfield
02-05-2012, 12:42 PM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/feb/05/vote-count-gop-caucus-continuing-nevadas-largest-c/ most update info on why and what

sailingaway
02-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Tumn1s

I don't have any inside information, and I don't reside in Nevada. But as a lawyer I can tell you that it is possible to file a lawsuit on a Sunday in an emergency situation. There is always one judge on call at all times for emergencies.

Do you think the judge'd do it when they could recount Monday?

... Maybe if they were convinced going into the Tuesday election in Minn it mattered that much, but I somehow don't see it when Gingrich's backer is a force in Clark county. It would be highly discretionary.

But even just having them in their hands can be daunting, so the principle of what you are saying would still be true.

And I appreciate your input.

sailingaway
02-05-2012, 12:45 PM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/feb/05/vote-count-gop-caucus-continuing-nevadas-largest-c/ most update info on why and what

The mismatched prompted U.S. Rep. Ron Paul’s campaign to complain about a “lack of process and poorly run locations.”

A lawyer for Romney’s campaign is watching the count and observers from other campaigns have been invited.

Only INVITED? Last night they were THERE.

LisaNY
02-05-2012, 12:47 PM
wow

AnjeanetteDamon Anjeanette Damon
To make things even better for the #nvgop, Chairwoman Amy Tarkanian's resignation took effect at 12:01 a.m. Status of the chair up in air.
4 minutes ago

LibertyEagle
02-05-2012, 12:47 PM
I may only have 37 posts, but post count is not indicative of credibility. I've spent more time on the ground working directly with the campaign in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina than you. I've personally talked to the lawyers who are writing their suits and you can file an emergency injunction any day of the week.

Thank you for posting.

No Free Beer
02-05-2012, 12:50 PM

Wow dude. You have been on here since 2007. You must be hardcore...

MozoVote
02-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Amy Tarkanian's resignation was announced some time ago.

But there may be more that they are not saying. Amy Tarkanian, the Chairwoman of the Nevada Republican Party who first pushed for the January 14th date and then caved to the demands of the RNC for the February 4th date, has said that she will resign from her position as Chairwoman on February 5th, the very next day.

Tarkanian said she is stepping down to help her husband Danny Tarkanian, who just last week announced that he will be running for Congress in Nevada’s new 4th Congressional District. And you have to wonder if the RNC had also offered to help her husband’s campaign with support and funding in exchange for the date change.

http://www.examiner.com/democrat-in-las-vegas/nevada-business-sector-losing-millions-due-to-gop-caucus-date-change

carterm
02-05-2012, 12:51 PM
basically, if paul gets 2nd, they'll dump out the "fake" ballots to screw us :)

Dlynne
02-05-2012, 12:52 PM

It would solely depend on the judge who is on call. Granting temporary restraining orders and similar equitable relief is very discretionary with the judge.

RDM
02-05-2012, 12:54 PM

... Maybe if they were convinced going into the Tuesday election in Minn it mattered that much, but I somehow don't see it when Gingrich's backer is a force in Clark county. It would be highly discretionary.

But even just having them in their hands can be daunting, so the principle of what you are saying would still be true.

And I appreciate your input.

Plus, with Adelson having deep ties with the mafia, I wonder how much mafia influence is in the court system there.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
02-05-2012, 12:55 PM
What might happen is this, and this isn't anything more than wild-assed speculation. The count is terminated. The State party awards National delegate pledges as follows:

Romney - 14
Gingrich - 6
Paul - 6
Santorum - 2

Clark County delegates to county convention must recertify before the county convention.

I cannot see how the party could do anything less.

liberty2012
02-05-2012, 01:29 PM

otherone
02-05-2012, 01:41 PM
the campaigns and party officials are at a standoff.

Hopefully our guys aren't wearing flip-flops.

Badger Paul
02-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Let's see, so far in this presidential nomination season two GOP state chairpersons have resigned, the Iowa GOP lost precinct totals and had to redeclare a winner after a recount, dead people were voting in New Hampshire and South Carolina and now we have botched caucus count in Nevada four years after the same problems happened with the same state party.

I don't care how unpopular Obama is or what the unemployement rate is, no voters is going to entrust the White House to people who can't run a caucus, let alone a two-car funeral. They just won't.

sailingaway
02-05-2012, 01:50 PM

lol!

michaelwise
02-05-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't care how unpopular Obama is or what the unemployment rate is, no voters is going to entrust the White House to people who can't run a caucus, let alone a two-car funeral. They just won't.

Obama is just a black player from the street the people knew virtually nothing about and let him run the country. You get what you pay for.

twomp
02-05-2012, 01:57 PM

I guess the more posts you have, the more you know about law...

bobburn
02-05-2012, 02:01 PM
I guess the more posts you have, the more you know about law...

I love it when laypeople try to put on their "Lawyer Cap" and spout whatever misinformation they've heard from their friends or some internet blog. It's especially wonderful when they try to tell me what the law says.

ericthethe
02-05-2012, 02:03 PM
^This

It's the two party "criminal" system set up by design to give voters a belief they have a say in the process.

Voters most certainly do have a say.

The problem is a weak-minded population incapable of making rational decisions. Did you catch that stream on CNN's website last night of the special caucus? The people speaking on behalf on non-Paul candidates were completely brain-dead.

One woman went on a bizarre rant about how she grew up poor when someone pointed out how Romney was backed by Goldman Sachs. Another woman said she supports Romney because he charged people a $1 a slice for pizza. It's pathetic.

So I guess in a way you're right. But the lack of choice is self-created. People delude themselves into thinking they have to vote for whoever makes them "feel good" or who the television tells them to.

CMoore
02-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Even here in "backward" Alabama, the courts are open 24/7 if you need to file something.
Plus we even have electronic filing on-line! Gasp! Who would have thought?

The One
02-05-2012, 02:12 PM

In this situation or at Newt Gingrich events?

otherone
02-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Another woman said she supports Romney because he charged people a $1 a slice for pizza.

George Washington bribed voters with whiskey.
We don't need the hearts and minds of The Great Unwashed. We need a DEDICATED VOCAL minority.

parocks
02-06-2012, 10:30 AM
George Washington bribed voters with whiskey.
We don't need the hearts and minds of The Great Unwashed. We need a DEDICATED VOCAL minority.

We need the votes of the great unwashed. Or a good number of them.

otherone
02-06-2012, 10:46 AM
We need the votes of the great unwashed. Or a good number of them.

Obviously.
A voter choosing x-candidate for pizza is just as inclined to vote for y-candidate for pizza.
n'est–ce pas?
(or for the neocons: nicht wahr?)