PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 2012! That's great...but if you don't vote...

RDM
02-05-2012, 09:08 AM
How many times on the internet in forums or comment sections of articles do you see posters post this one comment: Ron Paul 2012

If you're like me, you probably see it at least a dozen times a day if not more.

What should you do when you see this?

Respond to it. Not just any response, but a well targeted response that gets the point accross.

The response should be like this: "Great, I see you support Ron Paul. Do you know if you DO NOT VOTE, there will be no Ron Paul 2012."

If we can get that message burned into the minds of all supporters, it may get them to take action.

RDM
02-05-2012, 11:47 AM
BUMP....I refuse to let the ostriches sweep this under the rug.

tbone717
02-05-2012, 11:51 AM
How many times on the internet in forums or comment sections of articles do you see posters post this one comment: Ron Paul 2012

If you're like me, you probably see it at least a dozen times a day if not more.

What should you do when you see this?

Respond to it. Not just any response, but a well targeted response that gets the point accross.

The response should be like this: "Great, I see you support Ron Paul. Do you know if you DO NOT VOTE, there will be no Ron Paul 2012."

If we can get that message burned into the minds of all supporters, it may get them to take action.

The inherent problem with this is that it requires making two sales instead of one. You have to sell them on their need to vote, and you have to sell them on our candidate. Effectively it is double the work for the same net result, i.e. one vote.

Take 100 non voters, you sell 50% of them on Ron Paul, but then you have to sell those remaining 50% to go vote. Let's say you are able to get 50% to vote. The net result for your effort is 25 votes.

Take 100 voters, you sell 50% of them on Ron Paul. They are already sold on voting, so your net result is 50 votes and you did it in less time.

Okie RP fan
02-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Something must change.

People on the ground need to start getting the numbers of every ID'd voter they come across and send them a text or call a couple days before, the day before, the day of, and a couple hours before the votes and send a reminder.

Offer a ride, for Pete's sake.

Marky
02-05-2012, 11:55 AM
The problem is voter fraud and the corrupt GOP, not RP supporters. You think the PTB would let someone who threatens their international counterfeiting/ponzi scheme win fair and square????

These are the same people who will topple regimes in obscure third world nations without thinking twice. Do you actually think they will play by the rules and let the proles decide? They know their power is being threatened, and they will pull out all the stops if the have to. Call me crazy if you like, but I think to to believe that these (s)elections are actually fair is truly crazy. Where is the transparency? Who is holding the GOP accountable?

happyphilter
02-05-2012, 11:55 AM
It's obvious that people simply aren't showing up to vote. I have no idea why unless they are simply lazy. It is beyond agitating to see RP easily pull in thousands of supporters at a speech, but so few at the polls.

happyphilter
02-05-2012, 11:57 AM
The problem is voter fraud and the corrupt GOP, not RP supporters. You think the PTB would let someone who threatens their international counterfeiting/ponzi scheme win fair and square????

These are the same people who will topple regimes in obscure third world nations without thinking twice. Do you actually think they will play by the rules and let the proles decide? They know their power is being threatened, and they will pull out all the stops if the have to. Call me crazy if you like, but I think to to believe that these (s)elections are actually fair is truly crazy. Where is the transparency? Who is holding the GOP accountable?
It's not fraud. Votes were counted live. We can't keep blaming the establishment and the GOP when the fault clearly rests on the inability of supporters to take some time out of their days to go vote.

opinionatedfool
02-05-2012, 11:58 AM
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This voter apathy is getting so absolutely ridiculous!

UtahApocalypse
02-05-2012, 11:59 AM
be covert about it..... "Do you know where the voting location is?"

RDM
02-05-2012, 12:02 PM
It's not fraud. Votes were counted live. We can't keep blaming the establishment and the GOP when the fault clearly rests on the inability of supporters to take some time out of their days to go vote.

It's much more easier for the ostriches to put the blame on voter fraud then take ownership of the problem and address it.

tsai3904
02-05-2012, 12:20 PM
One of the biggest problems is getting people properly registered to vote.

I'm working with the grassroots in Wyoming, which is a closed caucus state. We have about 220 members in our Facebook group and I have a copy of WY's voter registration list. As of last month, 40% of our members were not registered as Republicans.

There were 90 people in WY who contributed to Ron Paul last year and 40 of them are not registered as Republicans.

It's not just getting people to vote, it's also getting people registered. I'm sure there were a bunch of supporters who went to their caucus yesterday in NV and were turned away because they were not registered Republican weeks in advance.

If you live in a closed state, your main focus needs to be on making sure the current supporters are properly registered.

Marky
02-05-2012, 03:15 PM
It's much more easier for the ostriches to put the blame on voter fraud then take ownership of the problem and address it.

Who says you have to choose between the 2?

You should always keep trying and working. But, don’t be naive about how these scumbags operate. That’s all I’m saying.

RDM
02-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Who says you have to choose between the 2?

You should always keep trying and working. But, don’t be naive about how these scumbags operate. That’s all I’m saying.

No one is asking anyone to be naive of the possible frauds going on. You personally can't do a thing about it. Do the things you can do something about and that is talking to your circle of influence, identify Ron Paul supporters, help them register to vote and if possible help them get to the polls.

RDM
02-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Have you seen any: Ron Paul 2012 posted on any comment section or forum today? Did you respond to it? Why not?

Kingfisher
02-06-2012, 08:51 AM
One of the biggest problems is getting people properly registered to vote.

I'm working with the grassroots in Wyoming, which is a closed caucus state. We have about 220 members in our Facebook group and I have a copy of WY's voter registration list. As of last month, 40% of our members were not registered as Republicans.

There were 90 people in WY who contributed to Ron Paul last year and 40 of them are not registered as Republicans.

It's not just getting people to vote, it's also getting people registered. I'm sure there were a bunch of supporters who went to their caucus yesterday in NV and were turned away because they were not registered Republican weeks in advance.

If you live in a closed state, your main focus needs to be on making sure the current supporters are properly registered.

Don't know about other states but it's easy to register in Indiana.
You can even do it online.

doctorfunk
02-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Don't know about other states but it's easy to register in Indiana.
You can even do it online.

I think one of the points he's making is that even people who support RP enough to donate to the campaign don't vote. And it's not just a couple, it's almost half that won't even be able to vote, not to mention the ones that are registered and just won't show up.

centure7
02-06-2012, 09:18 AM
I'd rather respond with something like this: I'm sorry but your "Ron Paul 2012" comment is simply spam of no substance. Ron Paul has about 20 important different views that very much apply to the serious problems of the world, and perhaps you could focus one of those instead of spouting out pointless slogans of zero value. Saying Ron Paul 2012 says exactly nothing. Yes the year is 2012 and yes Ron Paul exists. Nobody cares, so either say something of substance or shut up.

gerryb
02-06-2012, 09:23 AM

This.

3,000 turned out at the MN campaign HQ opening(aka, to shake Ron Paul's hand.)

MN neighbors IA. Why did we not have 3,000 canvassers from MN operating on the weekends in IA or take 2 or 3 days vacation?? I drove 20 hours each way to do it, and they couldn't cross a state line??(Note: There were about 20 folks from MN in the YFP on the ground in IA, kudos.).

Edit: Not to mention the other 6 states that border IA.

RDM
02-06-2012, 09:26 AM
I think one of the points he's making is that even people who support RP enough to donate to the campaign don't vote. And it's not just a couple, it's almost half that won't even be able to vote, not to mention the ones that are registered and just won't show up.

You're very perceptive!!!:)

pacelli
02-06-2012, 09:56 AM
It's obvious that people simply aren't showing up to vote. I have no idea why unless they are simply lazy. It is beyond agitating to see RP easily pull in thousands of supporters at a speech, but so few at the polls.

There are many explanations aside from laziness. There is an age requirement to vote, but not to attend a Ron Paul rally. I wonder how many of those supporters are not of legal voting age? I've been to quite a few Ron Paul rallies and see lots of children and young people. Ron Paul himself says that he continues to attract the "young people". Great, but are they too young to vote? Supporters does not equal voters. Rock stars have supporters-- and we're all quite familiar with the meme, "Ron Paul is a rock star!".

Also, rallies are for supporters, many of whom will drive from OUT OF STATE to attend. Thus they are unable to vote in that particular state election. Town halls are for questions and answers from the general public, who are still considering who they will vote for. Ron had good success with the couple town halls he did in Iowa and New Hampshire.

It is the job of the candidate to court potential voters at these functions. You aren't going to win votes by saying, "We're all Austrians now" or by talking about "Chinese dissidents" at debates. There is a big difference between speaking to existing supporters (i.e. preaching to the choir) versus courting potential voters.

I too am surprised at the VOTE APATHY. Back in 07-08 there was a phrase, "Ron Paul cured my apathy". What the heck happened to that?

parocks
02-06-2012, 10:45 AM

maybe stupid?

parocks
02-06-2012, 10:49 AM
The inherent problem with this is that it requires making two sales instead of one. You have to sell them on their need to vote, and you have to sell them on our candidate. Effectively it is double the work for the same net result, i.e. one vote.

Take 100 non voters, you sell 50% of them on Ron Paul, but then you have to sell those remaining 50% to go vote. Let's say you are able to get 50% to vote. The net result for your effort is 25 votes.

Take 100 voters, you sell 50% of them on Ron Paul. They are already sold on voting, so your net result is 50 votes and you did it in less time.

He is talking about finding people who already like Ron Paul, and making sure they vote.

100% of the new voters are Ron Paul supporters.

Grassroots is not particularly good at persuasion. But grassroots should be good at voter registration, GOTV, etc.