PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Internet Relay Chat. Weclome!

jron
06-18-2007, 04:12 PM
I just recently discovered this forum. As a previous poster on the forum minus the "s," I would like to extend the invitation to this forum as well. Join the Ron Paul chat room which has also grown quite rapidly over the last month. The chat room utilizes the internet's oldest and most used form of internet chat, Internet Relay Chat or IRC. We have three servers linked up using bots to relay chat between efnet, freenode, and undernet. There are over 60 users in the channel at any given time. We hope for many more. Come join us!

The quickest way to join us is by using the web based Java IRC client and simply clicking on this link: http://java.freenode.net//index.php?channel=ronpaul

If you do not have the Java runtime installed, you can download it here: http://java.com/en/download/

If you don't want to connect via a web browser you can follow the below steps:

IRC requires a client to connect to the server. The most popular free client for Windows is mIRC which can be downloaded here: http://mirc.com/get.html

Once installed, fill in your nickname when required and then type: /server irc.freenode.net

Once connected to freenode type: /join #ronpaul

If you are running linux, I will assume you know how to use IRC =)

Please keep the language clean for all to enjoy, thank you.

Buggan
06-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Thanks, I'm there!

angrydragon
06-18-2007, 04:47 PM
As if this forum doesn't move fast enough. hehe

cujothekitten
06-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Great! Thanks for the heads up

JoshLowry
06-18-2007, 08:45 PM
just logged in, thanks. ;)

DjLoTi
06-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Nice :)

JoshLowry
06-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Good stuff, bookmarked it, I will be back ;)

torchbearer
06-18-2007, 11:35 PM
bump

CasualApathy
06-19-2007, 07:45 AM
bump

CJLauderdale4
06-19-2007, 08:01 AM
bump

mdh
06-19-2007, 08:08 AM
You can of course also connect via irc.ronpaul.name using SSL on port 6697 if you have an SSL capable IRC client. All of the major IRC servers, including the one in the OP (freenode), OFTC, Undernet, the largest one in the world (EFnet), and irc.ronpaul.name are linked together for the #ronpaul channel. Thanks to RiverRat for the channel link across all of the servers and for managing the channels and maintaining decorum.

torchbearer
06-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Thank you RiverRat for you service!

winston84
06-19-2007, 12:13 PM
I plan on going here during the debates.

jron
06-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Everyone is welcome to just idle in the channel as well. Thanks! =)

cowbot
06-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Actually it's great to see new faces.

The irc chat is a great place to discuss issues real-time with others who have considerable experience with libertarian and constitutional issues.

If you uze windoze (boo, hiss) mirc is a program you can use to connect. You can also chat thru the web with ircatwork.com.

For linux i like irssi or xchat.

Just a reminder, there is a clean language policy. And we try to avoid off-topic chatter, *especially* when there is serious discussion/coordinating talk going-on.

Activity level is pretty chaotic. Sometimes it gets really busy, sometimes it's pretty quiet. feel free to use the 'bot by typing !help to get a list of commands.

And thanks to RiverRat... of course

mdh
06-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Server irc.ronpaul.name is rolling, too. The Ron Paul channel is linked across a bunch of servers.

yongrel
06-27-2007, 02:10 PM
very nice. Logging in now.

yongrel
06-27-2007, 02:10 PM
and I agree, this is going to be amazing during the debates!

BuddyRey
06-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Everyone's talking about baseball. Am I in the right room? :D

IRO-bot
06-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Mine keeps saying Unable to Connect : null

oriolesfan
06-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Everyone's talking about baseball. Am I in the right room? :D

Haha, sorry Buddy. Got carried away discussing my ballgame plans for tonight :) . The IRC channel will definitely be fun and I agree with everyone else--an amazing resource during debates, interviews, etc.

yongrel
06-27-2007, 02:44 PM
i'm predicting that the chat will move faster than I can read during debates

jron
06-27-2007, 05:48 PM

What client are you using? The Java client or mIRC?

RiverRat
07-01-2007, 07:54 PM
If you uze windoze (boo, hiss) mirc is a program you can use to connect. You can also chat thru the web with ircatwork.com.

For linux i like irssi or xchat.

xchat is also available for windows as shareware (30 day trial) at xchat.org

Just a reminder, there is a clean language policy. And we try to avoid off-topic chatter, *especially* when there is serious discussion/coordinating talk going-on.

Activity level is pretty chaotic. Sometimes it gets really busy, sometimes it's pretty quiet. feel free to use the 'bot by typing !help to get a list of commands.

And thanks to RiverRat... of course

Thanks again and a reminder, to prevent abuse the bot's functions are restricted to identified users on Freenode only. (Registration information (http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#registering))

Thank you RiverRat for you service!
Your welcome. :)

You can of course also connect via irc.ronpaul.name using SSL on port 6697 if you have an SSL capable IRC client. All of the major IRC servers, including the one in the OP (freenode), OFTC, Undernet, the largest one in the world (EFnet), and irc.ronpaul.name are linked together for the #ronpaul channel. Thanks to RiverRat for the channel link across all of the servers and for managing the channels and maintaining decorum.
Thanks again. The bots are served from a DSL connection and sometimes fail :( so if they do not appear to be working properly then ping me (use my entire nick in the channel) and tell me that they need a kick in the pants. :)

More information is needed to help you fix it. The connection details are in my signature so double check the addresses and the ports and post here if you need further help. (The names and port numbers are embedded in the URLs.)

Thanks all for the kind words. Ron Paul in 2008!! He's our last best hope. :cool:

kylejack
07-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Bump so the new members can see.

Jared
07-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Sounds great! I'll check it out eventually. I love IRC.

jron
08-01-2007, 11:11 AM
More information on the channel can be found here:

http://www.billstclair.com/RonPaul/channel-policy.shtml