PDA

View Full Version : Comic Relief

zadrock
02-05-2012, 05:31 AM
Not to diminish the seriousness of what's going in NV, but I thought everyone could use a chuckle. I certainly needed the laugh when it happened. (I'm an American living in London, so I feel even more out of the loop than most of you.)

Note - my wife is pretty liberal, but she's coming over to Ron Paul (and has decided to vote for him). She asks me a couple times a week for an in-depth update on the campaign since she doesn't follow politics on her own. Here was this morning's update...

Her: How is Ron Paul?
Me: As you know, the Nevada caucus took place yesterday. Romney won, but it looks like second place might still be up for grabs.
Her: Why?
Me: Newt is currently ahead of Paul for second, but it sounds like there were voting irregularities and there might be recounts, especially in Clark County, which is the largest in the state. This isn't a surprise given what happened in 2008.
Her: What happened then?
Me: Well, Romney won the state on the day of the caucus, with Paul second and McCain third. But months later, on the day of the state convention where they allocate their state delegates, the establishment was prepared to rubber stamp McCain delegates to the convention. Paul supporters had other ideas. They showed up completely organized, changed certain rules at the beginning of the convention and were on the brink of running away with most, if not all, of the Nevada delegates.
Her: What happened?
Me: Well, the establishment literally ran away in fear. They turned out the lights and snuck out the back door, leaving those behind without a quorum.
Her: That sounds pretty un-democratic.
Me: Yeah, that's the Republican Party for you. Those who remained tried to organize a rump convention.
Her: A *rump* convention???? What's that? Sounds like something Santorum would like.

:D

kathy88
02-05-2012, 07:53 AM
"Her: A *rump* convention???? What's that? Sounds like something Santorum would like. "

ROFLMAO

The One
02-05-2012, 08:31 AM
If that were my wife, I would have immediately laid her down and made sweet sweet love to her.