PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Ron Paul to appear on Letterman, the View and 60 Minutes! Unconfirmed...

Pete Kay
11-12-2007, 11:26 AM
I don't know if this has been discussed but this is incredible! We did it people! We have turned Ron Paul into a household name.

“Kent Snyder, chairman of Ron Paul’s campaign, told a group of us this morning that Ron Paul will very soon be on:CBS(15 minutes tomorrow morning)
60 minutes (a full 12 minute segment)
David Letterman
The View"

http://www.paulunteer.com/?p=44

Every interview that Ron Paul has done after the surge and the the Philly Rally has been terrific. We have believed in Ron Paul for so long and now you can see it in his eyes - he believes it too. He knows in his heart that he can win this.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-12-2007, 11:27 AM
where is that bloggers' source? Does he have one?

mtbaird5687
11-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Wow thats amazing, but isn't Letterman showing reruns right now because of the writers strike?

James R
11-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Wow thats amazing, but isn't Letterman showing reruns right now because of the writers strike?

Good point. Really puts the source into question.

LibertyEagle
11-12-2007, 11:29 AM
This is hearsay, until it comes out from the campaign.

Santana28
11-12-2007, 11:31 AM
yeah. there's no date on the end of the writer's strike, so i'm guessing theres no way letterman would be booking taping appearances at this point!

although... it has always struck me as odd that these comedians can't just write their own material instead ;)

RevolutionSD
11-12-2007, 11:31 AM
I would be shocked if the CFR-controlled 60 minutes interviewed Ron Paul.

Letterman would not surprise me since Leno had him on.

I thought the View was already happening.

jj111
11-12-2007, 11:32 AM
I heard the writers' strike is affecting almost all the shows if I am not mistaken. It is my understanding that members of all other Hollywood unions refuse to cross the picket lines of the writers in solidarity and sympathy, thus there are no new productions being made that require any writing - all reruns, and this strike could last for months. I hope this does not get in the way for RP to be on Letterman, the View, and 60 Minutes.

Ron Paul Fan
11-12-2007, 11:34 AM
The View probably doesn't use writers like Letterman does. It's just women talking. 60 Minutes is a news show so I wouldn't think it'd be affected by the strike.

Pete Kay
11-12-2007, 11:37 AM
I don't know why the blogger would lie. This was written on the 10th before the Philly Rally. If Kent Snyder said it, then I assume that it's true. On NPR they said that David Letterman worked through the last writer's strike by writing his own material, so I don't know if that'll happen again. After the coverage that Ron Paul has been getting, I don't see why 60 Minutes would not do a piece on him. Hopefully they won't smear him like they did John McCain.

MRoCkEd
11-12-2007, 11:38 AM
the view girls wont like his pro-life stance

JMann
Wasn't 60 Minutes filming Paul a while back. They could easily have that piece in the can, so to speak. The View probably doesn't use writers and Letterman isn't in production.

davidhperry
This is hearsay, until it comes out from the campaign.

Exactly. I'm not willing to accept one random blog post to be the definitive source for this info. If it's true, then they'll post this on the campaign site.

JosephTheLibertarian

leave it to states... isn't that a fair compromise?

JMann
11-12-2007, 11:39 AM

The View ho's don't like the war mongers but they do love them some baby killers.

misconstrued
11-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Hasn't 60 minutes been working on a piece for a few months now? I remember hearing they had a camera crew following the campaign around awhile back.

Pete Kay
11-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Exactly. I'm not willing to accept one random blog post to be the definitive source for this info. If it's true, then they'll post this on the campaign site.

I think it's all very fluid. After the Money Bomb, Ron Paul has been getting a ton of invites. The website didn't put up the fact that Ron Paul was going to be on Face the Nation until the day before. It may be that they'ved been asked by all parties but no dates have been set.

RP4ME
11-12-2007, 11:44 AM
I shiver to think what lil Neocon blondie will say to him...im sure fox news will get to her before his appearnace on teh view - atleast he has a friend in Joy

davidhperry
11-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Wasn't 60 Minutes filming Paul a while back. They could easily have that piece in the can, so to speak. The View probably doesn't use writers and Letterman isn't in production.

I think they probably started producing the 60 piece a while back and then waited to see if the Ron Paul story pans out before they aired it. Maybe it's moving forward at this point.

If he does get on 60 Minutes then that should go pretty well for us since he tends to do well in those longer format interviews.

Convert
11-12-2007, 11:48 AM
yeah. there's no date on the end of the writer's strike, so i'm guessing theres no way letterman would be booking taping appearances at this point!

although... it has always struck me as odd that these comedians can't just write their own material instead ;)

Bill Maher said he was a member of the writers guild. I imagine Letterman is as well. They don't want to be "scabs". :cool:

davidhperry
11-12-2007, 11:48 AM
I shiver to think what lil Neocon blondie will say to him...im sure fox news will get to her before his appearnace on teh view - atleast he has a friend in Joy

I think RP can handle her. :)

Pete Kay
11-12-2007, 11:52 AM
I think RP can handle her. :)

I worry more about Whoopie than I do Hasselback. Whoopie is crazy and if she takes his side on some of the issues it will make him look bad compared to Hasselback who everyone knows is a twit.

jnpg
11-12-2007, 11:57 AM
RP handles head to head questioning better than ANYBODY!
I would feel comfortable having him field question anytime anywhere.
And great if Whoop comes on board- we should welcome all support. Freedom is inclusive- RP's policies promote EVERYONE's best interest. So long as you are willing to be free and responsible.

jj111
11-12-2007, 12:00 PM

Even if they have it in the can, I think that the other unions in Hollywood are striking in sympathy. If it was that easy for them to air stuff that was already wrapped and in the can so to speak, I would imagine there are tens of thousands of unaired productions of various sorts in the can - that would make it too easy for managment. I heard virtually everything went to reruns since the beginning of the strike.

Bradley in DC
11-12-2007, 12:05 PM
60 Minutes has been in the works for a while. Rachel in the Congressional office arranged the appearance on The View.

jj111
11-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Writers' Strike Effect on Television:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Writers_Guild_of_America_strike#Effect_on_tel evision

The Oprah Winfrey Show uses non-union writers, and thus will be unaffected by the strike.[31]

Late night comedy shows such as The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, Last Call with Carson Daly, Jimmy Kimmel Live, Late Show with David Letterman, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report and Saturday Night Live began airing reruns immediately.[2] However, The Tonight Show may resume new episodes beginning November 19, but using guest hosts to fill in for Jay Leno, who refused to cross the picket lines.[32]

Mid-season shows, such as 24, Dirt and The Riches, began production after most other TV shows, so they have completed fewer episodes to date.

The strike does not affect reality shows such as American Idol, whose episodes are unscripted, or news programs, whose writers belong to a different guild.[40]. However, CBS News and CBS's locally owned and operated station news operations are currently subject to a different strike action by WGA which may be authorized November 15, as CBS News writers under WGA have been without a contract with the network since April 2005.[41]

Specific Shows:

The View ABC Is currently continuing, with a statement by the network that "contingency plans have been made in the event of a strike." [49]

Late Show With David Letterman CBS Immediate reruns began on November 5, 2007.[58]

Summary: Looks like Letterman and 60 Minutes may be affected by the strike.

JMann
11-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Even if they have it in the can, I think that the other unions in Hollywood are striking in sympathy. If it was that easy for them to air stuff that was already wrapped and in the can so to speak, I would imagine there are tens of thousands of unaired productions of various sorts in the can - that would make it too easy for managment. I heard virtually everything went to reruns since the beginning of the strike.

I've heard a report and from what I remember from the last strike is that you will get more news programs (60 Minutes), reality and game shows to make up for the lack of shows that require guild writers.

fj45lvr
11-12-2007, 12:14 PM
The View probably doesn't use writers like Letterman does. It's just women talking. 60 Minutes is a news show so I wouldn't think it'd be affected by the strike.

I am skeptical that NEWS shows won't actually be affected by the strike.....I thought we all knew that our MSM have writers helping form the "stories" they tell!!!! MSM is only ENTERTAINMENT anyhow