PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Sub Pops Up In Middle Of Navy Exercises

Cindy
11-12-2007, 11:21 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=492804&in_page_id=1811

This is so embaracing and garners more support for Paul saying we need to quit spending our military budget over seas on nation building and get back to building up our own National Defence systems.

Appearantly, the Chinese have more sophisticated subs then we do and proved they could've easily taken out an aircraft carrier of ours, carrying over 14,000 personel on board.

Santana28
11-12-2007, 11:42 AM
well, perhaps the eventual battle with china is the reason for this desperate grab at middle eastern oil?

the question is... who will Russia side with? Oh darn... too bad we didn't work on that diplomacy stuff sooner, eh?

Primbs
11-12-2007, 11:48 AM
But we aren't even getting the oil.

Oil production in Iraq never recovered and now we pay twice as much for oil.

Mortikhi
11-12-2007, 11:48 AM
The other negative to this is that now that we know China can sneak into a battle group like this, more money will be thrown at the Navy.

pcosmar
11-12-2007, 11:52 AM
But we aren't even getting the oil.

Oil production in Iraq never recovered and now we pay twice as much for oil.

Really? Or is the flow controlled to limit supply and keep the price up?
The world may never know.

Cindy
11-12-2007, 01:03 PM
The other negative to this is that now that we know China can sneak into a battle group like this, more money will be thrown at the Navy.

I'd rather see the money thrown at building more sophisticated subs that can out manuever the Chinese then at Empire building abroad.

While we are blowing trillions and loosing soldiers in Iraq gaining nothing but more hate against us, the Chinese are busy beefing up their own Military.

Paul's right when he says the current Foriegn Policy is weakening our national Defences, not strengthening them.

seapilot
11-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Thats what happens when you let a bunch of Admistrators that failed war history 101 play war with real countries. They always screw it up. Great I knew the Chinese had been advancing in everything from Rocket and Satelite tech, to shoring up a high tech navy. Too many people afraid of a few biting ants they didnt look at the Tiger in the room.

freedom_junkie
11-12-2007, 03:33 PM
And guess who owns us financially guys? Could it be..... China?

hard@work
11-12-2007, 03:45 PM
We should give them more money. Also, I think Lee Kingston at the Hannity forums supports this.

Cindy
11-12-2007, 04:05 PM
We should give them more money. Also, I think Lee Kingston at the Hannity forums supports this.

Maybe we should mass e-mail the link to this to Hannity, asking him if he wants to help fund more sophisticated war heads and air craft for the Chinese as well.

hard@work
11-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Maybe we should mass e-mail the link to this to Hannity, asking him if he wants to help fund more sophisticated war heads and air craft for the Chinese as well.

That's a good idea. I think we can have a few laptops with sensitive data shipped over there in exchange for some cheap cloth goods that won't last longer than 3 months. Fair trade I'd imagine. We can celebrate it by eating toys that convert to GHB in our tummies.

silverhandorder
11-12-2007, 04:16 PM
This was posted on my gaming forum. From what I hear that was a bad strategic move for the Chinese. We can now identify the problem and make sure they can no longer do that. Some interesting facts the sub is actually an older generation diesel/electronic powered. It is very hard to spot as it is, the battle group has published it's location and was not expecting anything to occur. Nuclear subs are even quieter and Chinese only have two of those. There were times when Russian spy subs would also emerge in our formations. This kind of stuff is usually not reported here in the US.

This was most likely a retaliation for us sneaking in a battle group in Taiwanese straights recently.

Also Dailymail is not a trusted publication source in UK, they are a bit sensationalist.

axiomata
11-12-2007, 04:29 PM
So China can shoot down our satellites (spy/GPS/communication) and "pop up" subs in the middle of our Navy and we are worried about Iraq and Iran?

No, I do not think China would attack us, but the way things are going they wouldn't need to in order to win a cold war.

Primbs
11-13-2007, 10:38 AM
China is now managing the Panama Canal and wants to drill for oil off the Florida coast with Cuba.

I am sure there will be a few "accidental oil spills" in the future.

jpinkerton
11-13-2007, 10:49 AM
The incident, which took place in the ocean between southern Japan and Taiwan, is a major embarrassment for the Pentagon.

Wow, look at that - not in our own waters again. And as someone else said, China basically owns us as it is. Maybe we should borrow 5billion a day from them now so we can build better subs than them.