PDA

View Full Version : Don't let Huckabee win a day!

chowda
11-12-2007, 11:14 AM
I don't think Huckabee has won a single day yet... but as of 12:00 EST its anyone's game!

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/thumb_rp_vs_huck_today.png (http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html)

LibertyEagle
11-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Is this the day of his money sparkler, or what?

rpfreedom08
11-12-2007, 11:17 AM
he may be having a money bomb???? ;)

starless
11-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Is this the day of his money sparkler, or what?

Money sparkler... :D

Visual
11-12-2007, 11:19 AM
We are still completely SCHOOLING him for monthly and quarterly money raising.

DjLoTi
11-12-2007, 11:19 AM
no I think it's 'nov. 20th for the children' or something like that

ya it's nov20forthechildren.com

Original_Intent
11-12-2007, 11:20 AM
And if he wins a day...?

Mike Huckabee: "I beat Ron Paul in fundrainsing on one day this quarter!"

Host: "Congratulations! Wasn't that the day after they raised $5 million in one week? Wasn't that Ron's worst day of the quarter and your best day of the quarter?"

Lol, he won't win anyway, but so what if he does?

Isupportliberty
11-12-2007, 11:20 AM
maybe they factored in all of his offline donations today...

Allan Bartlett
11-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Mike Huckabee loves raising taxes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLOC4krZI4

tsopranos
11-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Huckster's vertical day
http://www.straslicka.com/portfolio/gallery/20040706204248.JPG

RP's climb...Everest
http://bungatech.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/mount_everest.jpg

ronpaulyourmom
11-12-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm pretty sure Huck has had a few days where he out-raised us, in particular towards the end of last month.

bolidew
11-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Don't give hime a bragging right.
Act, please.

DjLoTi
11-12-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm pretty sure Huck has had a few days where he out-raised us, in particular towards the end of last month.

not once I believe

steph3n
11-12-2007, 11:47 AM
not once I believe

that would be correct :)

purepaloma
11-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Who is Huckabee ?

jmdrake
11-12-2007, 12:00 PM

I notice that they don't have the number of current subscribers. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Goldwater Conservative
11-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Mike Huckabee loves raising taxes

Wow, that's priceless. :D

Anyway, let Huck have his day in the sun. Besides, notice how his graph shoots up a few thousand dollars on several occasions. Some of his supporters are probably just maxing out and/or doing brief money-bombs.

DealzOnWheelz
11-12-2007, 12:12 PM
they don't have anywhere near the organization that we have.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE YOU WILL BE ASSIMALATED!!!

fcofer
11-12-2007, 12:13 PM

I've lurked in their forums, and I tell you, it's a lesson to us about how important it is not to censor posts!

The guy who created that website (in good faith) was almost banned by their grassroots forum because they thought he was a closet Paul supporter. They exist in perpetual fear of any political discourse (they think that there are armies of us hiding there trying to post) and lock and ban threads (such as a recent one on whether medical marijuana should be legalized, and another one whether the RealID was a good idea) the moment there is the smallest deviation from the orthodoxy. I even read that they are trying to modify the forum code so that moderators get copies of all private messages, due to the fear that Ron Paul supporters are secretly converting their members via private forum messages.

They will never be able to organize anything inventive with the authoritarian culture they've developed there. But at least they practice what they preach -- top-down censorship and spying, trading liberty for a false sense of security.

I highly doubt that there's even really that many Paul supporters who bother to register there. But they'll ruin their forums to guard against us just like they'll ruin the country (if they can) to protect against the hordes of Islamic terrorists just waiting to invade.

Chowda, I donated yesterday for the mini-bomb and I'm practically tapped out, but if it looks like the Huckster is gaining on us, I'll dig a little deeper. If it becomes necessary, I hope others here will join me. Let's do positive things here to keep the competition demoralized. :)

Original_Intent
11-12-2007, 12:14 PM
So Huck's 20 supporters go all-in on one day? IF he wins the day which I don't think is gonna happen, I just don't see how this gives Huck bragging rights? It's like bragging that you beat a runner in a hundred-yard dash right after he got through running a 30 mile marathon (in other words the fact that you were bragging about it as an accomplishment reflects more poorly on you) :D

EvilEngineer
11-12-2007, 12:14 PM
The one thing I really notice about huck's graphs is that his donors for the most part are maxing out. You can see this by the large jumps over a small time. Where as Ron Paul's graphs show small gradual raises, small donations by more people. In the end, we will win... we are still only 1.9% maxed out and that percentage is shrinking as we get more and more new donors. So there is still sooo much more room for donations.

LibertyEagle
11-12-2007, 12:18 PM
I even read that they are trying to modify the forum code so that moderators get copies of all private messages, due to the fear that Ron Paul supporters are secretly converting their members via private forum messages.

:eek: Wow! Tell me that this doesn't rub off on Huckabee in some way. The fact is that it does.

Just like what we do and say, reflects on Paul. Please everyone, remember that.

fcofer
11-12-2007, 12:21 PM
I don't think Huckabee has won a single day yet... but as of 12:00 EST its anyone's game!

Hmm... anyone notice that the slope of the graph inflected (to postive!) shortly after this post was made? I wonder if the forums were responsible for that?

By the way, I can't believe that I don't know the answer to this question, but we don't have a forum donation code, do we? (I suppose that if we did, and it was available through the widget, chowda would have a 'ronpaulforums donations' graph up.)

TechnoGuyRob
11-12-2007, 12:32 PM
I notice that they don't have the number of current subscribers. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

http://nov20forthechildren.com/stats.htm

"11/11/07 - 3402 Unique Visitors, 80 Total Pledges, $16995 Pledged"

Original_Intent
11-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Anyone that would go to his site and make a fake pledge has no honor! :D

OK , that's kind of funny but I am also kind of serious. :)

Eryxis
11-12-2007, 12:39 PM
I made the post (second post actually) about Medical Marijuana. It got shut down pretty quick. I did speak with a Mod about what was going on. Essentially the forums ALL of them are not for debate. They are simply there to present Huck. I had been trying to be a somewhat active poster over there, but it's pretty hard when half your messages are deleted.

werdd
11-12-2007, 12:40 PM
proof that more people want to debate him than support him.

Janet0116
11-12-2007, 12:43 PM
I am in Little Rock. I swear I read in the paper over the weekend (not sure if it was Fri/sat/sun) that Janet Huckabee spoke to a group of ladies and mentioned that she (they) support drivers license for illegals. Is this well known among Huckabee supporters? It doesnt surprise me because the Huckster would love open borders with Mexico.

steph3n
11-12-2007, 12:45 PM
I am in Little Rock. I swear I read in the paper over the weekend (not sure if it was Fri/sat/sun) that Janet Huckabee spoke to a group of ladies and mentioned that she (they) support drivers license for illegals. Is this well known among Huckabee supporters? It doesnt surprise me because the Huckster would love open borders with Mexico.

well he is on record for being weak on immigration.

ronpaulitician
11-12-2007, 12:52 PM
The longer Huckabee stays in the race as a serious contender, the better.

rpfreedom08
11-12-2007, 01:10 PM
I don't understand how he is like 3rd in the polls with no money comming in. Something is strange with these polls this year. huck has no money comming in with a "large number of supporters" and paul is at the bottom of the polls with more money than most of the front runners. Something is fishy.

fcofer
11-12-2007, 01:23 PM
I don't understand how he is like 3rd in the polls with no money comming in. Something is strange with these polls this year. huck has no money comming in with a "large number of supporters" and paul is at the bottom of the polls with more money than most of the front runners. Something is fishy.

Well, it's been my experience that when people get converted to Ron Paul, they get really converted and make a real psychological investment in him winning (which later translates into a financial investment).

I've thought a lot about this, because I was once really worried about Huck. I do think that he's a real threat to the other neo-cons, because he's a slick talker and debater and has that kind of Bill Clintonesque pandering ability (where he makes his pandering on any given issue sound like a virtue). I think that his support is made up largely of religious social conservatives who are disenchanted with the frontrunners because of their various personal flaws. However, they're not really into Huck the way that Ron Paul converts are into Paul. They just like him better than the other choices.

Thanks to the MSM, Huck probably has better name recognition than Paul. But I bet that he'll need poll numbers at least twice that of Paul to match him on the primary day -- our supporters will vote, both with their time and their wallets. Evidently, support is not as deep for the Huckster. Plus, he's not going to be polling at twice of Paul a month from now, anyway.

The Huckster might graduate to being a real threat (to us) if Thompson or McCain drop out before the primaries, but I doubt that this will happen. Right now, he's already serious problem for Romney and the Ghoul, because he's stealing the religious warhawk vote.

It's probably getting time to remove this thread to General Politics. :)

qsecofr
11-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Don't worry there is no grand conspiracy, MSM is profit motivated and they are starting to come around because Ron is a hot story right now. The polls will eventually reflect that but Huck got a large bump that coincided with Thompson's fall. They are jumping boat and not committed to any one candidate.

This is a political wildfire year for Repubs and a little food for thought, since 1968 can you find a year there has not been a Bush, Nixon, or Dole on the ticket? The base has no clear leader and are vetting the candidates one by one, Huck is the Socons grasping at straws.

austin356
11-12-2007, 01:26 PM

Putting "get out the vote on vote day" infrastructure aside, he is on track to win Iowa.

LibertyEagle
11-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Anyone that would go to his site and make a fake pledge has no honor! :D

OK , that's kind of funny but I am also kind of serious. :)

I agree. We should not do this. It is low class, for one thing.

Ok, I can't resist.... It is also, lacking honor. :D

fcofer
11-12-2007, 01:33 PM
The base has no clear leader and are vetting the candidates one by one, Huck is the Socons grasping at straws.

I absolutely agree. His numbers shot up after his MSM coverage at the end of last month, but his Rasmussen polls went down from 14% to 9% over the last week with an MOE of +/- 4%. This means that there in a 95% probability that some individuals who formerly supported Huck have since converted to other candidates, meaning that his campaign actually has lost momentum. To whom?

Well, a certain other candidate bumped up in Rasmussen to 6%, which is within Huck's MOE. (According to Rasmussen's most current poll, since Huck and RP are within the same MOE, the poll tells nothing about whose support is greater.)

I think Huck got a bunch of SoCons and FisCons at the end of October thanks to all his MSM coverage. THEN the FisCons found out about Ron Paul. Huck cannot hold fiscal conservatives against Ron Paul.

Don't get me wrong, I do think that Huck has a good chance. I'd put him at about equivalent with Romney for winning the primary. I think the SoCons will abandon the MSM-anointeds and come to him. But he's still a warhawk and he has a crappy tax record, so he won't be hurting US, one way or another. :)

stevedasbach
11-12-2007, 01:35 PM

It just demonstrates the impact of media coverage on poll numbers. Now that Ron Paul has started getting some serious MSM coverage, his poll numbers have started rising.

You can see the same effect with Thompson at www.pollster.com. Prior to January 1, 2007, he was polling the same 1% as the "second tier" candidates. Then, from January through March, there was a slew of coverage talking about the possibility that Thompson would run and generally hyping his candidacy. He name was included again in a poll in early April and low and behold, he was at 8%. He hadn't done any campaigning -- it was all media hype.

Goldwater Conservative
11-12-2007, 01:35 PM

I think it's because donations (or better yet, number of donors) is a true indicator of support. The candidates with less of that are probably more likely to be favored by people who are not passionate about the campaign, maybe having just learned a little about him from the news and debates but not doing anything to promote/help him before they actually cast their vote.

I bet even "mainstream" polls would show Paul in a much stronger position if they took into account certainty or intensity of choice, as well as how informed people are about their candidate and how closely they've been following the election. That's why Paul wins the post-debate text polls (that and appeal across party lines) which you can't even spam.

qsecofr
11-12-2007, 01:45 PM
I think it's because donations (or better yet, number of donors) is a true indicator of support. The candidates with less of that are probably more likely to be favored by people who are not passionate about the campaign, maybe having just learned a little about him from the news and debates but not doing anything to promote/help him before they actually cast their vote.

I bet even "mainstream" polls would show Paul in a much stronger position if they took into account certainty or intensity of choice, as well as how informed people are about their candidate and how closely they've been following the election. That's why Paul wins the post-debate text polls (that and appeal across party lines) which you can't even spam.

They do and Paul has an impressive 48% firmly decided not bad considering the top tier are lucky to break the mid 30's.

rpfreedom08
11-12-2007, 01:55 PM
interesting, thanks for the info guys. I see straight through this guys lies and it pisses me off others don't. he's a real slick preacher that should be ashemed of himself pandering the way he does. Why the "value voters" don't see right through this is just incredible. Oh well, I still have hope for the true evangelical christians..... except for the one that went to rudy's side but hey it's been said that this election is going to devide some people.

rpfreedom08
11-12-2007, 01:56 PM
They do and Paul has an impressive 48% firmly decided not bad considering the top tier are lucky to break the mid 30's.

damn I'm supprised it's only 48%

stevedasbach
11-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Actually, this gives us a great way to keep donations flowing between now and December 16. Just make sure we don't ever get beaten by Huckabee.

rasheedwallace
11-12-2007, 02:05 PM
huckabee believes the world is 4,000 years old. he can't be my president. plu he was on wolf blitzer going off on war rant for iran.

can't stand this guy.

BIG_J
11-12-2007, 02:06 PM
"People will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true."

Goldwater Conservative
11-12-2007, 02:15 PM

Same here.

And even though I was never going to vote for Huck, I used to kinda like the guy. However, he's really coming across as the Arkansas version of Mitt Romney nowadays.

ronpaulyourmom
11-12-2007, 02:59 PM

Most likely that percentage is the result of people not wanting to 'waste' their vote. So they like Paul, they indicate him as their choice, but leave open the possibility of voting for somebody else like say if there's a certain candidate they definitely do not want to win.

Hopefully as Paul climbs in the polls, that 48% will increase even more.

chowda
11-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I added that video of Huckabee talking about taxes to the graphs that mention him :)

we've pulled way ahead by the way... crisis averted :)

LibertyEagle
11-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Huckabee is a liberal. I am hoping Christians figure this out.

http://www.taxhikemike.org/
http://www.clubforgrowth.org/2006/02/mike_huckabee_is_a_tax_hiker.php
http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/7/2/194431.shtml?s=tn
http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-88766.html

Betsy Hagan, Arkansas director of the conservative Eagle Forum and a key backer of his early runs for office, was once "his No. 1 fan." She was bitterly disappointed with his record. "He was pro-life and pro-gun, but otherwise a liberal," she says. "Just like Bill Clinton he will charm you, but don't be surprised if he takes a completely different turn in office."

Phyllis Schlafly, president of the national Eagle Forum, is even more blunt. "He destroyed the conservative movement in Arkansas, and left the Republican Party a shambles," she says. "Yet some of the same evangelicals who sold us on George W. Bush as a 'compassionate conservative' are now trying to sell us on Mike Huckabee."
http://opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110010782

and the grand finale...

Christians Need to Beware of Mike Huckabee, by Pastor Chuck Baldwin
http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2007/cbarchive_20071102.html

JMann
11-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Drudge headline:

VIDEO FLASHBACK: Huckabee: Whatever Tax You Pass, 'You Will Have Nothing But My Profound Thanks'...

Original_Intent
11-12-2007, 04:29 PM
interesting, thanks for the info guys. I see straight through this guys lies and it pisses me off others don't. he's a real slick preacher that should be ashemed of himself pandering the way he does. Why the "value voters" don't see right through this is just incredible. Oh well, I still have hope for the true evangelical christians..... except for the one that went to rudy's side but hey it's been said that this election is going to devide some people.

I think the "values voters" see through Huckster just fine. They support him because they believe he will push their agenda. It's not that they don't know he is a politican before being a man of principle, it is that they don't care.

Sadly, as a Mormon, I think there is a lot of that same sentiment among my fellow church member towards Mitt Romney. They vaguely know that he does not support their principles but they think things like "Oh, if a Mormon becomes president then think of how many people around the world will investigate our church!" It's really sad, because the Constitution is revered as a divinely inspired document, and people that were supporting their beliefs rather than using this "ends justifies the means" thinking I feel they would overwhelmingly support Ron paul

Falseflagop
11-12-2007, 04:35 PM
So HUCKABEE would be happy with the $$ donated to RP campiagn just today. So people do you see this guy is happy with a 30K day and so when RP got 4.3 mil that is a HUGE deal, and the establishment FEARS him now!

chowda
11-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Ah yes, another Huckabee asskicking.. what was I even thinking... :)

How is that guy even still in this thing?

rpfreedom08
11-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Ah yes, another Huckabee asskicking.. what was I even thinking... :)

How is that guy even still in this thing?

that is the 30 thousand dollar question :)

AlexMerced
11-12-2007, 07:34 PM
trust me, we want huckabee in this thing, I wouldn't mind in tancreda and hunter began to gain traction, that would even the playing field out even more.

fcofer
11-12-2007, 07:55 PM
I added that video of Huckabee talking about taxes to the graphs that mention him :)

Oh, that is sinister!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

I bet you get tons of traffic from their forums to that page every day. If you have a web stats monitor set up, you should check it out and let us know how many Huck supporters get exposed to that link every day :) :)

chowda
11-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Since 10/24 I've had 150 visitors from forum.hucksarmy.com

most of that since the 5th

I think that means every member has visited at least once :)

ronpaulyourmom
11-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Since 10/24 I've had 150 visitors from forum.hucksarmy.com

most of that since the 5th

I think that means every member has visited at least once :)

Perhaps you could tell us how many unique visits you've had to date... :D

chowda
11-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Perhaps you could tell us how many unique visits you've had to date... :D

531,706 Visits
156,234 Absolute Unique Visitors
1,447,575 Pageviews

BIG_J
11-12-2007, 08:58 PM
HAS ANYONE ordered from the Domino's/Pizza Hut banner ad? ....MWHahahaha I DID.

BIG_J
11-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Also, HucksARmy forums "Claims" to have like 650 members, which "grows" everyday.

First of all; yeah F'n right!? This reminds me of the fake forum software installed on "other" sites; where it shows a bunch of people "viewing" the forum.

Secondly, they have the same 3 people commenting on every topic...that's it. same 3 people; and then one RP supporter telling them they need to branch out and not rip on each other so much. Kind of funny really...sheesh...

Finally, they act like there are absolutely no other candidates; so if they just keep repeating the same mantra to themselves that huckabee is the best value voter; he will win somehow...

fcofer
11-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Finally, they act like there are absolutely no other candidates; so if they just keep repeating the same mantra to themselves that huckabee is the best value voter; he will win somehow...

That's the fruit of the censorship tree, of course. Their whole forum has turned into a mere advertisement -- they ban and attack their own supporters left and right. I was more than a little worried when they first started up, but their totalitarian policies have pretty much destroyed their board, and I don't think they'll ever rival us for enthusiasm, political consciousness and creativity.

The main administrator of their forum is one of the few moderators there who seems reasonable. I'm actually wonder sometimes why he's not in our camp. Of course, the answer to that question will never appear on his forum, so we don't have to worry about it too much. *scratches head in disbelief*

Kudos to the administrators of ronpaulforums for effectively balancing these concerns here and navigating this board to its current eminent position -- I'm glad I don't have that responsibility!

Midnight77
11-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Money sparkler... :D

Money Sparkler!

ROFL!!!

shortna
11-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Huckabee Begs For New Taxes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLOC4krZI4)

chowda
11-12-2007, 10:14 PM
The RP site was down for over 2 hours... our curve basically match the huckabee curve during that time :)

steph3n
11-13-2007, 12:42 PM
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html

The sparkler is back :)

chowda
11-13-2007, 01:01 PM
They have decided to include offline donations on a daily basis...

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_id=698

fcofer
11-13-2007, 01:04 PM
They have decided to include offline donations on a daily basis...

Ah, good to know, chowda.

I still think that we should make sure that we stay ahead every day. It's good to have a goal to beat every day. Who will join me in donating just $10 if the Huckster gets within $500 of us?

me3
11-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Bump, we could use a nice little donation burst to put today away in this race...

BIG_J
11-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Wow...You got a bunch of "Off-line" donations Eh Huck?

And you're still getting beat.

Sucks don't it.

steph3n
11-13-2007, 01:48 PM
The comments on his site are interesting, no one wants to contribute now :D

rpfreedom08
11-13-2007, 01:49 PM
http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Issues.Home

so how much of this page is just striaght bull shit? My god this guy is just a lying sack of shit! Just look at the tax section, is this the same guy that was on youtube saying he is for raising taxes???? lord oh lord this guy is only here to dilute the vote.

dsentell
11-13-2007, 01:51 PM
OOOPS!

He just got another sizeable donation and pulled ahead of us! :eek:

Visual
11-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Their november goal is less than 1/2 of what we raised on the 5th....

dsentell
11-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Their november goal is less than 1/2 of what we raised on the 5th....

Of course, the goal must somehow be based on expectation and total support . . . :D :D :D :D

Sey.Naci
11-13-2007, 02:07 PM
You know, RP supporters donating to beat Huck's daily draw could backfire. I mean, it provides an incentive to Huck's supporters. Do you really want that?:confused:

chowda
11-13-2007, 02:09 PM
He's not getting beat by much... this could be a tough race today...

dsentell
11-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Very bizarre -- did you see the last simultaneous spike for both campaigns ????

fcofer
11-13-2007, 02:12 PM
You know, RP supporters donating to beat Huck's daily draw could backfire. I mean, it provides an incentive to Huck's supporters. Do you really want that?:confused:

Yes. Absolutely. Whatever raises more money for Ron Paul. :) And it will, because it makes an incentive for us to donate more, and there are more of us, and we want to win more than they do.

Now come on, everyone, and join me for a quick $10 donation to put us back on top. You really don't need that hamburger combo after work!

-----

Thank you very much for your donation of $10.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T128311-101650080

dsentell
11-13-2007, 02:12 PM

Do you really think Huck supporters are watching this like we do ? :rolleyes:

chowda
11-13-2007, 02:13 PM

It's about providing incentive to RP supporters, not Huck supporters... clearly they can't fundraise their way out of a wet paper bag... but seeing him pull ahead (even when it's offline donations) might provide some RP supporter the incentive to donate another $25.

If this turns into a competition between us and them, there is only one way for it to end... them in tears and us with alot more money.

Wilkero
11-13-2007, 02:14 PM
I don't really worry about Huckabee or his supporters. Sometimes I'll lurk in their forums for a laugh, but for some reason I just don't see him as a threat. He might sound good when he talks, but he doesn't actually say anything of any substance. He's too busy cracking jokes and talking about "honor" to make any statements of substance.

chowda
11-13-2007, 02:17 PM
This makes my 20th RP campaign contribution. and it's only because Huck is in the lead... :)

Thank you for your generous donation of $25.00!
Contribution received!

Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

chowda
11-13-2007, 03:04 PM
He's been tied or ahead of us for 4 hours... If we can make it through his offline->online dump today, we should be good to go for the rest of the week...

If you know anyone who can donate who hasn't.. or maybe you could split your Dec 16th donation... or hell.. give again.. december 16th is a long way off... $10-$20 would be a good start!

Staying in front of Huckabee on a daily basis is demoralizing for them and invigorating for us... AND we're going to lose an hour today when the campaign site goes down for fixes.

davidhperry
11-13-2007, 03:28 PM
I've lurked in their forums, and I tell you, it's a lesson to us about how important it is not to censor posts!

The guy who created that website (in good faith) was almost banned by their grassroots forum because they thought he was a closet Paul supporter. They exist in perpetual fear of any political discourse (they think that there are armies of us hiding there trying to post) and lock and ban threads (such as a recent one on whether medical marijuana should be legalized, and another one whether the RealID was a good idea) the moment there is the smallest deviation from the orthodoxy. I even read that they are trying to modify the forum code so that moderators get copies of all private messages, due to the fear that Ron Paul supporters are secretly converting their members via private forum messages.

They will never be able to organize anything inventive with the authoritarian culture they've developed there. But at least they practice what they preach -- top-down censorship and spying, trading liberty for a false sense of security.

I highly doubt that there's even really that many Paul supporters who bother to register there. But they'll ruin their forums to guard against us just like they'll ruin the country (if they can) to protect against the hordes of Islamic terrorists just waiting to invade.

Wow - just WOW! I have cruised over there a few times and did get that sense too.

fcofer
11-13-2007, 04:12 PM
*bump*

Chip in if you can! We've got a little under six hours left to reclaim the day!

Falseflagop
11-13-2007, 04:16 PM
I think he dumoed offline money into his numbers and RP has yet to dump his offline $$$ into his count for this week, imho will be huge because of the $$$ from the 5th not counted in the tally!

I bet he spikes over 8.5 mil imho!

fcofer
11-13-2007, 04:41 PM
I think he dumoed offline money into his numbers and RP has yet to dump his offline $$$ into his count for this week. . .

Yeah, of course he did, but that will make us beating him yet again that much sweeter.

We're only $1000 behind Huck (online + his offline donations) right now. Let's lap him!

Goldwater Conservative
11-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Are any of his supporters seriously trying to make something of beating Paul in fundraising on one day?

troyd1
11-13-2007, 06:12 PM
bump

frasu
11-13-2007, 06:19 PM
++++++

Thank you very much for your donation of $50.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

troyd1
11-13-2007, 06:33 PM
We are closing:

frasu
11-13-2007, 06:57 PM
they have some great jumps today... we should get into this one, who ever can, for a couple of hours... it is our turf....

freeedooom

Electrostatic
11-13-2007, 06:59 PM
He just had another $2300

troyd1
11-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Post to other boards that may not see this.

frasu
11-13-2007, 07:11 PM
bump

frasu
11-13-2007, 07:22 PM
i guess i have a problem today with letting huckabee take the cake, so bump

chowda
11-13-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm glad so many people are as ticked off about this as me!
bump!

chowda
11-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Also... let me express how freaking irritating it is that they're dumping they're offline totals directly into the stream throughout the day like this... If it was just a big spike each day when they loaded them all into the system or something, I would understand... Who knows when these were sent... if they were in response to some particular event or something... ruins the entire point of graphing the data if you can basically fluff the numbers up whenever you feel like donation rates are low.

ronpaulyourmom
11-13-2007, 07:47 PM
You really think they're doing that? This is probably in response to Huckabee getting shafted by the NRLC as a protest, and then tonight he posted some big poll numbers. I'm sure Huck is going to finish the month strong, maybe hit 1.2 million.

NinjaPirate
11-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Haha, sheesh! another spike for Schmuckabee!

frasu
11-13-2007, 07:52 PM
well it looks like this is the goal behind today's donations

As contributions are made towards our November fundraising goal, we will reveal Mike Huckabee through quotes, unique video, photo galleries, special downloads and interesting facts about Mike Huckabee and his tenure as Governor of Arkansas.

in any case, I was thinking we could get some donations in, but people look laid back today

progrock
11-13-2007, 07:55 PM
what a fat bastard lol

MozoVote
11-13-2007, 08:13 PM
I wouldn't get too worked up about Huckabee's grassroots. Just compare HucksArmy with FredThompsonForum on Alexa, and you'll see they are about equivalent. :rolleyes:

Adamsa
11-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Who cares at all if he gets the rest of this month? December 16th is going to blow everyone away.

BrazilLuLa
11-13-2007, 08:18 PM
We can't be complacent.

The 16th has to be big, and so does the continuous momentum between Nov. 5 and the Tea Party.

NinjaPirate
11-13-2007, 08:31 PM
We can't be complacent.

The 16th has to be big, and so does the continuous momentum between Nov. 5 and the Tea Party.

We're $1+ million ahead of schedule, no need to sweat it TOO much.

Huck's supporters must have a wild hair up their arse.

fcofer
11-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Well, Huck has been adding offline donations today.

But still, it looks like we are finally going to be outraised, even if there are technical reasons for why it shouldn't count.

Bleh.

chowda
11-14-2007, 08:54 AM
two days in a row we're battling it out... man..

bolidew
11-14-2007, 04:38 PM
We are beaten badly today!!

Come on folks.

schmeisser
11-14-2007, 04:40 PM
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/huckabee_oct_total.html

'nuff said

Paulitician
11-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Goddammit. He has already raised more than 1.5 million dollars. That means his 4rth quarter total will probably be 3 million+. Dammit!

bolidew
11-14-2007, 05:03 PM
He has already raised more than 1.5 million dollars. That means his 4rth quarter total will probably be 3 million+.

That's NOT GOOD!!

steph3n
11-14-2007, 05:14 PM
That's NOT GOOD!!

what does it matter, give and move on folks, get out and put some signs up adn pass out slimjims. i am heading out NOW!

Paulitician
11-14-2007, 05:21 PM
That's NOT GOOD!!
Seriously! It's horrible news, and we must stop it!

Inflation
11-14-2007, 05:30 PM
DON'T PANIC!

We want Huck to stay in the race. His supporters can attack Mitt and Rudy, while we go out knocking on doors and manning lawn chairs at info tables.

Go Huck! Bring down Rudy and Mitt to make room for Paul.

chowda
11-14-2007, 07:38 PM
The campaign just sent out an email asking for donations.. we'll see where that gets us.