PDA

View Full Version : Come on Clark County!!!

RileyE104
02-04-2012, 10:56 PM
CNN's results show us running neck and neck with Gingrich right now.

Of course, that's just 3% reporting but Dr. Paul did come in second there in 2008...
He got roughly 2,800 votes but hopefully we can get more this time.

CTRattlesnake
02-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Just about midnight on the east coast, what are they waiting for. Polls have been closed for 5 hours

RileyE104
02-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Still 3% in according to CNN but we're now beating Gingrich 544 (23%) to 437 (18%)!

tribute_13
02-04-2012, 11:42 PM
I need the CNN stream.

Lavitz
02-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Still 3% in according to CNN but we're now beating Gingrich 544 (23%) to 437 (18%)!

No idea. And the special caucus results should be in now as well. Would like to go to bed here...

Taco John
02-04-2012, 11:43 PM
www.cnn.com/live

ross11988
02-04-2012, 11:45 PM
I have work at 5am let me go to bed with 2nd place

Ekrub
02-04-2012, 11:45 PM
No idea. And the special caucus results should be in now as well. Would like to go to bed here...

I think that's including the special caucus

Lavitz
02-04-2012, 11:47 PM
I think that's including the special caucus

Huh? I'm just saying that if they were waiting for the special caucus to end before releasing the results...well they don't have to wait any longer

Peace&Freedom
02-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Most of the results were in for NV by late afternoon in 2008, what is going on in NV? I remember the same 'what gives?' feeling in 2010, when most all polls showed Angle 5% ahead of Reid before election day, then suddenly, Reid gets re-elected by 5%. Hmmmmm...

Ekrub
02-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Huh? I'm just saying that if they were waiting for the special caucus to end before releasing the results...well they don't have to wait any longer

CNN prematurely put up those numbers, they have to drive down the ballots before they are announcing Clark county I believe

undergroundrr
02-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Don't hold your breath -

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/0cb9d4274bd443e58fc0481aabb5dda2/NV--Nevada-Up-All-Night/

KramerDSP
02-04-2012, 11:59 PM
LAS VEGAS — The ballot count in the Republican presidential caucus in Nevada was expected to take all night, according to the county GOP official in charge of the process in Las Vegas.

Clark County GOP vice chairman Woody Stroupe told The Associated Press late Saturday that party officials were recounting every ballot cast in Nevada's largest county to ensure the accuracy of the tally.

Complete results would not be made public until every vote was counted, he said, though some 400 votes from 30 out of a total of 1,073 precincts were posted by the party.

"We're probably going to be going all night," Stroupe said.

Stroupe said it took his five teams of two officials each four hours to count ballots from eight of 40 caucus sites. But he said the process was getting quicker as they continued.

Clark County GOP vice chairman Woody Stroupe told The Associated Press late Saturday that party officials were recounting every ballot cast in Nevada's largest county to ensure the accuracy of the tally.

"I think we're going to be done by sunrise," Stroupe said.

Stroupe said the recount wasn't because of a challenge, but was party procedure.

Mitt Romney topped the Nevada caucus. With about 43 percent of the votes counted, Romney led with 42 percent. Newt Gingrich had 26 percent, Ron Paul was third with 18 percent and Rick Santorum had 13 percent.

Representatives from each candidate's campaign were in the room as observers, but media was not allowed, he said.

James Smack, a Nevada state GOP party executive in Reno, said secondary counts were allowed by party rules, and were being done Saturday in all 17 of Nevada's counties.

He noted that Clark County is the most populous county in the state, with about 60 percent of Nevada's active voters.

mstrmac1
02-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Based on the math and the % of the votes Paul and Gingrich will be within 100 votes of each other by end of the caucus .... so looks like we tied for second! Paul should get around 9500 votes...

unknown
02-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Based on the math and the % of the votes Paul and Gingrich will be within 100 votes of each other by end of the caucus .... so looks like we tied for second! Paul should get around 9500 votes...

Really?

Ekrub
02-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Really?

I dont know for sure, but I think he is basing that off the percentages of the 3% that is currently reporting for Clark County. That % will probably be skewed a bit as the special caucus got taken over by Paul supporters. But who knows, that may turn out to be the actualy percentage. I sure hope so.

PaleoForPaul
02-05-2012, 12:27 AM
LAS VEGAS — The ballot count in the Republican presidential caucus in Nevada was expected to take all night, according to the county GOP official in charge of the process in Las Vegas.

Clark County GOP vice chairman Woody Stroupe told The Associated Press late Saturday that party officials were ripping up every ballot cast for Ron Paul in Nevada's largest county to ensure the "accuracy" of the tally.

Complete results would not be made public until every Ron Paul vote was destroyed he said, though some 400 votes from 30 out of a total of 1,073 precincts were posted by the party.

"We're probably going to be going all night, he had a lot of supporters" Stroupe said.

Stroupe said it took his five teams of two officials each four hours to shread ballots from eight of 40 caucus sites. But he said the process was getting quicker as they continued.

Clark County GOP vice chairman Woody Stroupe told The Associated Press late Saturday that party officials were rigging every ballot cast in Nevada's largest county to ensure the outcome of the tally.

"I think we're going to be done by sunrise, damn those Ron Paul kids." Stroupe said.

Stroupe said the rigging was party procedure.

Mitt Romney topped the Nevada caucus. With about 43 percent of the votes changed, Romney led with 42 percent. Newt Gingrich had 26 percent, Ron Paul was third with 18 percent and Rick Santorum had 13 percent.

Representatives from each mainstream media approved candidate were in the room as observers, but media was not allowed, on the off chance one of them might be honest he said.

James Smack, a Nevada state GOP party executive in Janet Reno, said secondary counts were allowed by party rules, and were being done Saturday in all 17 of Nevada's counties.

He noted that Clark County is the most populous county in the state, with about 60 percent of Nevada's active voters. So that was the best place to commit voter fraud

Fixed that for them.

Crickett
02-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Most of the results were in for NV by late afternoon in 2008, what is going on in NV? I remember the same 'what gives?' feeling in 2010, when most all polls showed Angle 5% ahead of Reid before election day, then suddenly, Reid gets re-elected by 5%. Hmmmmm...
Serves her right. She fooled us all. She endorsed Santorum a couple days ago..

SonofThunder
02-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Fixed that for them.
+rep

Liberty74
02-05-2012, 09:59 AM

I calculated about 700 vote difference in favor of Newt before Clark was being counted.

Newt was up 1300.

After 51% of Clark in - Newt is up 1000

If the percentages hold for the rest of the Clark county, Ron will gain another 300 votes leaving us 700 behind Newt.