PDA

View Full Version : Ariz. Gov. Jan Brewer: Arrest This Woman!

moderate libertarian
02-04-2012, 07:10 PM
While it is true that Respect is earned I myself don't have very high opinion of Obama, I'm somewhat sympethetic to the argument that Obama is getting far less respect than other incomptetent Presidents.. almost to the point of no respect.

Ariz. Gov. Jan Brewer: Arrest This Woman!

Associated Press reports she's using the incident in her re-election campaign and to improve the flagging sales of her new book
Bernie Foster, The Skanner News
February 02, 2012

Politics can be ugly. But what happened on the tarmac in Mesa last Wednesday was simply a disgrace. Within minutes of President Obama exiting Air Force One, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer was pointing a wagging finger at him, inches from his face. Excuse me! This is the President of the United States of America. Put the finger away, lady.

Frankly, if I’d been in the president’s shoes, I would have been tempted to alert security and have her arrested under the Patriot Act if necessary. President Obama was more gracious. He ignored the insult and moved on.

Now the Associated Press reports she's using the incident in her re-election campaign and to improve the flagging sales of her new book.

South Carolina Rep. Joe Wilson also should have known better. In Sept. 2009, he disrupted Obama’s health care speech to Congress by yelling out “You lie!" The leaders of his own party made him apologize.

Wilson and Brewer are elected officials engaged in official business. Their behavior should set an example of respect for the office of President of the United States. That they failed to do so is deeply disturbing.

An atmosphere of disrespect feeds sickness and hatred. An atmosphere of hatred encourages violence. Could Brewer have learned nothing from the shooting in her own state that killed six people and wounded 13 others, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords?

If those who are supposed to lead us cannot or will not set a tone of civility and respect for one another, then who will? Political differences don’t excuse a bad attitude.

Like other presidents before him, President Obama faces real threats to his life every day. Presidents Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley and Kennedy all were assassinated. Presidents Roosevelt and Reagan narrowly escaped. And these are just the attempts that came closest to succeeding.

The Secret Service reported in 2009 that President Obama faces 400 times more death threats than President Bush. He is threatened with death 30 times every day.

Just in the last few weeks we note that:

Andrew Adler, owner and publisher of the Atlanta Jewish Times, suggested that Israel could “order a hit” on President Obama. Now he says he regrets it. But what was he thinking in the first place.

Veteran police Sergeant Pat Shearer of Peoria, Arizona, posted a photo to his Facebook page that showed six armed teenagers holding an Obama teeshirt riddled with bullets. He called it a political statement.

Jules Manson, a 2011 city council candidate in Carson City Calif., made a death threat toward the president and his entire family – using the most racist language imaginable. He apologized – sort of.

Such behavior hurts all Americans. When our leaders disrespect the president, it sends a message to our friends around the world – and to our enemies. Why should they respect the President of the United States if we don’t? Whatever happened to civility?

http://theskanner.com/article/Ariz-Gov-Jan-Brewer-Arrest-This-Woman-2012-02-02

tttppp
02-04-2012, 07:35 PM
I don't know what pointing your finger at someone has anything to do with assassinations. I think they are exaggerating this situation a little bit.

brushfire
02-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Obama: fails to uphold the law and allows lots of illegal imigrants to invade AZ. When AZ passes the law to enforce the federal law, then obama takes them to court. Its absolutely rediculous... I'd be waving a couple of fingers at the guy - i.e. the kind that resides between ring and pointer fingers.

PierzStyx
02-04-2012, 07:44 PM
While it is true that Respect is earned I myself don't have very high opinion of Obama, I'm somewhat sympethetic to the argument that Obama is getting far less respect than other incomptetent Presidents.. almost to the point of no respect.

http://theskanner.com/article/Ariz-Gov-Jan-Brewer-Arrest-This-Woman-2012-02-02

Bullcrap. Look at what liberals did to Bush. They crucified him at every opportunity. They dish it out but can't take it. What a bunch of lily liveried cowards.

PierzStyx
02-04-2012, 07:49 PM
On a side not, I hate that the Office of President demands respect "even when you don't like the person." It didn't used to be that way. If you don't believe me just check out both of the elections where Adams and Jefferson went head to head. Think they sling mud now? You haven't seen anything until you check out the insults they threw back and forth. The President is no better in any way than I am. He is a citizen who is serving in a position, nothing more and nothing less. He does not get automatic respect from me just because of his job title. If he isn't doing his job right he deserves every ounce of criticism he gets and deserves to be denounced at every opportunity. He wants respect as the President? Earn it. Keep your oath and uphold the Constitution or STF(rak)U. If it hurts your feelings, to bad. You can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

NidStyles
02-04-2012, 07:54 PM
On a side not, I hate that the Office of President demands respect "even when you don't like the person." It didn't used to be that way. If you don't believe me just check out both of the elections where Adams and Jefferson went head to head. Thing they sling mud now? You haven't seen nothing until you check out the insults they threw back and forth. The President is no better in any way than I am. He is a citizen who is serving in a position, nothing more and nothing less. He does not get automatic respect from me just because of his job title. If he isn't doing his job right he deserves every ounce of criticism he gets and deserves to be denounced at every opportunity. He wants respect as the President? Earn it. Keep your oath and uphold the Constitution or STF(rak)U. If it hurts your feelings, to bad. You can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

This. If you can't handle the heat, get the **** out of the kitchen.

moderate libertarian
02-05-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't know what pointing your finger at someone has anything to do with assassinations. I think they are exaggerating this situation a little bit.

Agreed, the examples writer cited are from very broad range and the writer probablysees threat of assassination some form of "disrespect".

Bullcrap. Look at what liberals did to Bush. They crucified him at every opportunity. They dish it out but can't take it. What a bunch of lily liveried cowards.

On a side not, I hate that the Office of President demands respect "even when you don't like the person." It didn't used to be that way. If you don't believe me just check out both of the elections where Adams and Jefferson went head to head. Think they sling mud now? You haven't seen anything until you check out the insults they threw back and forth. The President is no better in any way than I am. He is a citizen who is serving in a position, nothing more and nothing less. He does not get automatic respect from me just because of his job title. If he isn't doing his job right he deserves every ounce of criticism he gets and deserves to be denounced at every opportunity. He wants respect as the President? Earn it. Keep your oath and uphold the Constitution or STF(rak)U. If it hurts your feelings, to bad. You can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

I don't disagree with your main point about respect, fully agree with the highlighted. But if claim about Obama receiving 400 times more threats than Bush is true, there seems some disconnect in anti chief executive sentiments for two Presidents. Perhaps writer has combined some very different observations here.

Another very valid point that others also pointed out, if someone sincerely believes that occupant of the WH is an idiot, gutless liar without moral backbone, should people be compelled to "respect" such an individual?

heavenlyboy34
02-05-2012, 02:43 PM
I wish all the Presidency Cult folks would quit this nonsense.

Jan Brewer vs. Barack Obama: President Says Exchange Was 'Not A Big Deal' (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/27/jan-brewer-obama-arizona-governor_n_1236181.html)
I found that in less than 10 seconds^^. The OP needs to stop being lazy. Google is your friend.

Invi
02-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Death threats are obviously out of line, regardless of who the person is, but really? finger waving?

Individuals earn respect. I have no respect for a president simply because he is president. Never have, never will.
If she is comfortable waving a finger in a neighbor's face, or in a child's face, I see no different between those and the POTUS. /shrug
If you have no respect for someone, you just.. don't.
He's just a person in an influential position.. who happens to be botching it. And happens to be a liar.
No sympathy.

Lucille
02-05-2012, 03:12 PM
I hate them both, and for the same reason; their disgusting statism.

CaptainAmerica
02-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Jan Brewer is a slime ball. She gets all vocal about defending state rights only when she wants to implement SB1070 to raise the incarceration rates for private prison lobbyists meanwhile destroying the U.S. Constitution. When Arizona passed medical marijuana bill into law with a landslide vote a few years ago Jan Brewer called on federal powers to swoop in and remove our state right to legalize marijuana for medical use. Jan Brewer is a liar,a crook and bought off liberal left hackjob who pretends to be conservative.

P.S. I remember when the public school unions lobbied Jan Brewer in 2008 to use state taxes to fund commercials that threatened arizona citizens with the notion that public schooling was going to collapse if a proposition was not passed to raise "temporary taxes" by 1.5 percent. FUCK Jan BREWER.She raised a permanent tax. The Arizona sales tax is now averaging around 9.5 percent. In my city it went from being 6.5 percent in 2006 to being 9.5 percent in 2012!!!!!!!!!!NOT ONCE did Jan Brewer talk about cutting taxes in other areas to redirect cuts into public schooling.Instead she raised taxes across the board like a fucking monkey

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: http://www.puppstheories.com/spriterips/hulk-gah.gif

RM918
02-05-2012, 03:19 PM

Exactly right. These guys worship the state and Brewer waggling her finger at Obama is probably as offensive as pissing on Jesus.

If there was really any justice, every living current or former president would be sitting in a cell for the rest of their lives along with all of their hangers-on.

heavenlyboy34
02-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Jan Brewer is a slime ball. She gets all vocal about defending state rights only when she wants to implement SB1070 to raise the incarceration rates for private prison lobbyists meanwhile destroying the U.S. Constitution. When Arizona passed medical marijuana bill into law with a landslide vote a few years ago Jan Brewer called on federal powers to swoop in and remove our state right to legalize marijuana for medical use. Jan Brewer is a liar,a crook and bought off liberal left hackjob who pretends to be conservative.

P.S. I remember when the public school unions lobbied Jan Brewer in 2008 to use state taxes to fund commercials that threatened arizona citizens with the notion that public schooling was going to collapse if a proposition was not passed to raise "temporary taxes" by 1.5 percent. FUCK Jan BREWER.She raised a permanent tax. The Arizona sales tax is now averaging around 9.5 percent. In my city it went from being 6.5 percent in 2006 to being 9.5 percent in 2012!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: http://www.puppstheories.com/spriterips/hulk-gah.gif

This too^^ :mad:

heavenlyboy34
02-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Exactly right. These guys worship the state and Brewer waggling her finger at Obama is probably as offensive as pissing on Jesus.

If there was really any justice, every living current or former president would be sitting in a cell for the rest of their lives along with all of their hangers-on.
qft!!!!!11!!1!! +rep

moderate libertarian
02-05-2012, 04:27 PM

Jan Brewer vs. Barack Obama: President Says Exchange Was 'Not A Big Deal' (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/27/jan-brewer-obama-arizona-governor_n_1236181.html)
I found that in less than 10 seconds^^. The OP needs to stop being lazy. Google is your friend.

This reports headline or even premise is not the real subject, opinion piece itself is a mixture of emotional hyperbole and few strains of valid questions.

heavenlyboy34
02-05-2012, 04:29 PM
This reports headline or even premise is not the real subject, opinion piece itself is a mixture of emotional hyperbole and few strains of valid questions.
Yep. The more important part was the direct quotes from relevant parties-which is why I posted it.

Monarchist
02-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Since when does wagging a finger in somebody's face warrant a jail sentence? Good grief, I wish the madness would stop.