PDA

View Full Version : FROM CNN JUST NOW : OFFICIAL FIRST RESULTS (RP 2nd!)

02-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Romney 54%
Ron Paul 19%
Gingrich 18%
Santorum 9%

EDIT: Keep in mind this is just 1% of the votes in

unknown
02-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Dammit thats close. Who the f is voting for Romney, what the fvck is that????

back2basics
02-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Dammit thats close. Who the f is voting for Romney, what the fvck is that???? lol

Bruno
02-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Heard rural areas where Paul does better will close later. Anyone confirm this?

pacelli
02-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Romney 1329 54%
Paul 459 19%
Gingrich 448 18%
Santorum 214 9%

1% reporting

02-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Heard rural areas where Paul does better will close later. Anyone confirm this?

No, will be reported earlier. Clark Co. (Las Vegas) will be reported last, around 9PM CST

Bruno
02-04-2012, 05:14 PM
No, will be reported earlier. Clark Co. (Las Vegas) will be reported last, around 9PM CST

Thanks, though that is less promising.

Just said they will cover Ron live speaking in MN soon.

02-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks, though that is less promising.

Yes, I posted a thread about it. Early results will be more promising than our finish, most likely.

playpianoking
02-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Does everyone not caucus at the same time? Don't some people caucus in a few hours - doesn't this influence results?

matt0611
02-04-2012, 05:18 PM
is there a website where we can see these results?

Bruno
02-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Yes, I posted a thread about it. Early results will be more promising than our finish, most likely.

In my optimism, I got it totally backwards.

Just showed Ron Paul gets 45% of the vote of those looking for a true conservative. Impressive and encouraging!

123tim
02-04-2012, 05:21 PM
is there a website where we can see these results?

We've been watching them for most of the afternoon here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ap5nJ9CgQStidE0wZ2pPZmdWejQ5azEzZG1kUUZEc0 E&toomany=true#gid=0

This isn't the same as mentioned in the op, but the same results so far.

Johncjackson
02-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Someone in the media reported earlier that none of the rural areas had been counted and they come in later, favorable to Paul. So if it's really the opposite of that, the confusion is all around.

icon124
02-04-2012, 05:27 PM
why are we pumped about second place? we need to win somewhere at some point...I mean seriously they aren't taking RP serious obviously....we have to win for anything good to come about...2nd and 3rd place means nothing

ds21089
02-04-2012, 05:28 PM
why are we pumped about second place? we need to win somewhere at some point...I mean seriously they aren't taking RP serious obviously....we have to win for anything good to come about...2nd and 3rd place means nothing

Once we prove how irrelevant Santorum and Gingrich are, we make it Paul vs. Romney then it's game over... but we are winning where it matters most - delegates.

Bruno
02-04-2012, 05:29 PM

Did you think we were going to come in 1st despite all the recent polls?

Excited because 2nd is better than 3rd and 4th, which would be higher than Newt and Santorum.

Student Of Paulism
02-04-2012, 05:30 PM
I agree 3rd place sucks and makes it about only beating Sandorkum. But 2nd is a big difference for public perception and hurts Newt a lot. For now, 2nd is a big.

Vet_from_cali
02-04-2012, 05:31 PM
cmon Paul, get 2nd!!!!

pacelli
02-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Gingrich just beat out Paul. Paul in 3rd.

pauliticalfan
02-04-2012, 05:33 PM
That was lame. CNN selected 2 precincts to get the closest result possible.

jkob
02-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Gingrich just beat out Paul. Paul in 3rd.

by 8 votes

Havax
02-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Are people still voting????

Bruno
Going to be a nail-biter

pauliticalfan
If people think what CNN just did means anything, they're kidding themselves.

Bruno
Are people still voting????

Yes, for another hour and a half in some areas.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Lincoln saved the Union? LOL. He destroyed it!

playpianoking
Looks like he will get third again. Remember history. Small precincts report first, which Paul gets a lot of votes from. As time goes on and results come in from populated areas, Gingrich will rise, and Paul will fall to third. This is the same thing that happened in every state so far. Third place tonight.

There are rumors that Gingrich is rethinking his campaign and may drop out tonight or within the next few days after the 7th.

Havax
Yes, for another hour and a half in some areas.

I think this is good news since old people are morning people.

goldwater's ghost
02-04-2012, 05:41 PM
fuck. would love to win just one state in the next two weeks to shock the world. my hopes are now on maine

freneticentropy
02-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Looks like he will get third again. Remember history. Small precincts report first, which Paul gets a lot of votes from. As time goes on and results come in from populated areas, Gingrich will rise, and Paul will fall to third. This is the same thing that happened in every state so far. Third place tonight.

There are rumors that Gingrich is rethinking his campaign and may drop out tonight or within the next few days after the 7th.

Don't forget that Gingrich gets to have his own special caucus tomorrow which was bought by his billionaire friend. Paul gets third. Awesome.

Edward
02-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Anyone notice how the CNN homepage is showing fourth place this time around?

Johncjackson
02-04-2012, 05:44 PM
3% reporting:

2nd Ron Paul 20%

Edu
02-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Then CNN fudged the figures so Newt has a small lead.

And the guy with the screen computer thing started pushing results buttons and didn't get the results he wanted, saying that Ron Paul supporters are all younger voters. Looked confused and laughed it off because he was proved wrong, as usual, these guys are so smug that they will actually lie because they are in denial.

One reporter was on site and didn't mention Paul when he was stating all the candidates and a guy behind him said "Ron Paul" in his ear and on camera so the guy said "oh and Ron Paul, I just heard in my ear"... LAME!

I really hate watching this channel, what a joke.

alucard13mmfmj
02-04-2012, 05:47 PM
if it is true we broke 20% ^^ that is good news.

Johncjackson
02-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Uh, CNN was showing Ron 2nd, then 3rd, then 2nd again while going upto 20%. I'm watching the regular CNN, though, not one through an Alex Jones transmission or somehting , though.

CNN is also showing Ron 3rd in Delegates with 10, while I am mostly seeing him shown with only 4 most places.

As of right this second, CNN is showing Paul 2nd place 20% and delegate race 87,28,10,8- Mitt, Newt, Ron, Santo
While showing his speech live.

Yeah, CNN is out to get us, probably hiding under our beds, too.

klamath
02-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Getting beat by 35 flipping points in the RP "Friendly" state and people are thrilled??

RickyJ
02-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Getting beat by 35 flipping points in the RP "Friendly" state and people are thrilled??

Not good at all, I was expecting a win. If Ron doesn't get the nomination I sure hope he runs third party, I don't think this nation can stand four more years of this crap. Now or never!

UtahApocalypse
02-04-2012, 06:09 PM
where is CNN getting these "Official Results?" Earlier today when interviewed the NV GOP Chair had saisd that the results would be posted to the google nv gop page, and twitter once they were in..... so far they have 0%. He even made a point that this would be the future way its done as it bypasses the media. So again...... if the NV GOP has said they will first release the official results via internet where is CNN claiming to get these from?

asurfaholic
02-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Cuz its not 4th?

ross11988
02-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Not good at all, I was expecting a win. If Ron doesn't get the nomination I sure hope he runs third party, I don't think this nation can stand four more years of this crap. Now or never!

You just said the solution in your statement.

randomname
02-04-2012, 06:11 PM
wow, they're talking RP up on CNN now

Johncjackson
02-04-2012, 06:13 PM

Everyone knew Romney was going to win. Paul's best chance was a strong second and a good proportion of the delegates, both awarded and convention delegates. He was never going to win the vote %.

randomname
Erick Erickson being an ass as always

MrGoose
"RP surging? HAHAHAHAHA!"

FUCK CNN!

Liberty74
02-04-2012, 06:17 PM

It's not a good thing. The media template will be - "Romney rapping up the nomination."

I tried to warn RPF members not to get your hopes up. A second or third place win is meaningless. You have to get a good share of the vote in order to capitalize from free media spin/advertising which would create some momentum. It's not going to happen with NV. Maybe Maine or Minn but not Arizona or Michigan which are states up next before Super Tuesday.

UtahApocalypse
wow, they're talking RP up on CNN now

FUCK CNN!

They are setting up a failure I think :(

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?358336-CNN-is-setting-Ron-Paul-up-for-a-let-down-(

klamath
Everyone knew Romney was going to win. Paul's best chance was a strong second and a good proportion of the delegates, both awarded and convention delegates. He was never going to win the vote %.

Well does everybody know RP is not going to win the nomination. It is getting real delusional now. This was RP's state. Only a few other VERY small states will he do better in.

RickyJ
02-04-2012, 06:18 PM

Why not? He has the winning message so he should be the winning candidate! I won't give up, I will never give up. This is discouraging and all my friends might think I am nuts to keep talking about Ron Paul all the time, but I don't care! I don't want to see WW3 get started!

Badger for Paul
02-04-2012, 06:21 PM
When is Romney going to be rapping?

UtahApocalypse
02-04-2012, 06:21 PM
where is CNN getting these "Official Results?" Earlier today when interviewed the NV GOP Chair had saisd that the results would be posted to the google nv gop page, and twitter once they were in..... so far they have 0%. He even made a point that this would be the future way its done as it bypasses the media. So again...... if the NV GOP has said they will first release the official results via internet where is CNN claiming to get these from?

Now im even more confused. CNN just said that NO official results will come out for another 40 mins..... yet there ticker says 3& in?!?!!? This is soooo fishy

theswedishchef
02-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Hmm for some reason CNN has changed its preferences on how many placings to show on the political front page.

In both Florida and SC they excluded Ron Paul from the front page and only showed the top 3 candidates.
Now in Nevada when Santorum is fourth...they show all four.

How nice of them...

parkway3000
02-04-2012, 06:26 PM

FUCK CNN!

This!

CTRattlesnake
02-04-2012, 06:27 PM
This!

Wouldnt expect anything else from them.

Debt? Wars? What do they care, they're making a boatload of money and get to babble for hours on end on national television

GunnyFreedom
02-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Well does everybody know RP is not going to win the nomination. It is getting real delusional now. This was RP's state. Only a few other VERY small states will he do better in.

o.O

Nevada was never Paul's state, it was alway Romney's state, because there is a high concentration of Mormons, who will vote for the Mormon. Nevada was Romney's state in 2008, and was expected to be Romney's state in 2012. Where Paulers have the ins in Nevada is delegates to the State Convention, that will be particularly useful in 2013 if we can repeat the 2009 performance.

matt0611
02-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Hmm for some reason CNN has changed its preferences on how many placings to show on the political front page.

In both Florida and SC they excluded Ron Paul from the front page and only showed the top 3 candidates.
Now in Nevada when Santorum is fourth...they show all four.

How nice of them...

LOL yeah, I noticed this too. What a coincidence huh? When Ron places last, just remove that place, if not well then we'll show all the candidates!

UtahApocalypse
02-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Compare:

Nevada GOP site (http://www.nvgopcaucus.com/results) -- Has a map, reporting 0% results. NV GOP is the Official Party.

CNN Election Results (http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/state/nv?hpt=hp_pc1) -- No Map, 3% reporting. No way to see where these magic numbers are from.

What is CNN up to?

Badger for Paul
02-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Maybe from tweets?

ronpaulfollower999
02-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Ummm…did anyone seriously think Ron would win Nevada?? Second place was what we were aiming for.

Liberty74
02-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Compare:

Nevada GOP site (http://www.nvgopcaucus.com/results) -- Has a map, reporting 0% results. NV GOP is the Official Party.

CNN Election Results (http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/state/nv?hpt=hp_pc1) -- No Map, 3% reporting. No way to see where these magic numbers are from.

What is CNN up to?

I thought results don't come out until 10pm EST or 7pm NV time.

TexMac
02-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Politico has 0% reporting

Liberty74
02-04-2012, 06:36 PM

I'm glad some others are seeing it...

In order for things to change, some big event is going to have to happen to shake up the nomination. Maybe the campaign is holding out for such event. Does Ron have a time travel machine into the future???

-:Undertaker:-
02-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm glad some others are seeing it...

In order for things to change, some big event is going to have to happen to shake up the nomination. Maybe the campaign is holding out for such event. Does Ron have a time travel machine into the future???

Third party run then, why the hell not - he can win the Presidency.

But for the moment, stay in the GOP race to suck up momentum then announce a third party.

We take this all the way, and i'm British!

GunnyFreedom
02-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Ummm…did anyone seriously think Ron would win Nevada?? Second place was what we were aiming for.

I know right? lol

alucard13mmfmj
02-04-2012, 06:43 PM

But for the moment, stay in the GOP race to suck up momentum then announce a third party.

Sounds good ^^. Use GOP as a vehicle to get his name out there and get a bunch of independents/democrats/republicans on his side. Then point the middle finger at GOP and run third party =D.

alucard13mmfmj
02-04-2012, 06:43 PM

eww double post. well. it would be fantastic if a third party gets into presidency. it would change everything and change future.

RickyJ
02-04-2012, 06:44 PM

Well you will need to get a British Ron Paul to vote for. I am not sure if you got one. Why people can't see we are headed to WW3 is beyond me. People are living in fantasy land while the elite plan their deaths.

klamath
02-04-2012, 06:45 PM
o.O

Nevada was never Paul's state, it was alway Romney's state, because there is a high concentration of Mormons, who will vote for the Mormon. Nevada was Romney's state in 2008, and was expected to be Romney's state in 2012. Where Paulers have the ins in Nevada is delegates to the State Convention, that will be particularly useful in 2013 if we can repeat the 2009 performance.
Seriously Gunny, you are just trying to be positive now Right? There is also a point where over positive become delusional and it harms the entire movement in the future as people start dropping out because they don't even want to be associated with it. Sometime your have to be totally honest with what is going on in order to fix the problems. People aren't doing that. This is like a bunch of people running into a doorway painted in a brick wall over and over and over. Does there not come a time to stop and think there has to be a better way?

Badger for Paul
If you can't win the Republican primary, you are not going to win the Presidential election. Some of these primaries are open, so anyone can vote. RP isn't winning those. He is not going to win as a third party.

freneticentropy

Third party, all the way. Run as a libertarian. He's already polling at 18% in a three way. Put Johnson at the bottom of the ticket and you can pull in some more socially liberal people. Let the GOP know we're done taking their crap. Hope Ron doesn't settle for a stupid convention speech everyone will ignore.

Paul4Prez
02-04-2012, 06:47 PM

Not according to CNN's entrance polls. Ron Paul gets 20% in rural areas, 12% in the suburbs, and 22% in urban areas. So we should get a surge at the end and beat Gingrich.

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/epolls/nv

Other entrance poll items:

Ron Paul gets 23% of those who decided before the first of the year, 14% of those who decided recently.

33% of voters said the budget deficit was the single biggest issue, and Romney defeats Paul among those voters by 49% to 25%. The message is not getting out that Ron Paul is the only candidate who will end the budget deficit.

44% say the most important candidate quality is the ability to beat Obama. Romney won 74% of those votes, but Gingrich beat Paul 18% to 5%, even though Paul is far more electable. That word isn't getting out either.

Captain Shays
02-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Well you will need to get a British Ron Paul to vote for. I am not sure if you got one. Why people can't see we are headed to WW3 is beyond me. People are living in fantasy land while the elite plan their deaths.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/iran-warns-world-of-coming-great-event/

RickyJ
02-04-2012, 06:48 PM
If you can't win the Republican primary, you are not going to win the Presidential election. Some of these primaries are open, so anyone can vote. RP isn't winning those. He is not going to win as a third party.

He may not win as third party but he sure won't if he doesn't even try. IMO, this is it! The nation cannot survive four more years of this crap. Now or never!

-:Undertaker:-
02-04-2012, 06:49 PM

We have Nigel Farage and UKIP, but i'm rooting for you guys as well and i've been doing the best I can to get the word out on forums etc about Ron Paul and his ideas. Even if these movements collapse and fail, they could one day influence a future leader who will win - he or she may be in primary school as we speak, but libertarianism will triumph at some point.

Er yes you can, example - in the 1900s the Labour Party (as much as I loathe it) was a small insignifigant political movement and nobody foresaw that they would one day become one of the two mainstream parties, destroying the Liberal Party. There's examples all through history where the unexpected happens and the underdog wins.

With the Democrats and GOP having been in power for 150 odd years, something will give - it might not be this time, but it could well be; thats no reason not to try.

Pauls' Revere
02-04-2012, 06:51 PM

The Mormon vote.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/signal/mormon-vote-boosts-romney-comfortable-odds-nevada-225011844.html

RonPaulFanInGA
02-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Well does everybody know RP is not going to win the nomination. It is getting real delusional now.

Take heart: a lot more people here than let on know that. People keep quiet because they don't want the negatives reps, insults or to kill the positive vibe; or simply because, like a kid's belief in Santa Claus, they don't want to be the ones that ruin some supporters' dreams. Everyone here wants Ron Paul to win, but the results speak for themselves.

It's a lot better here now than in 2008, though. "Ron Paul didn't win a single state and got under 6% of the vote nationally, but I know he can win the nomination at the convention if we do this-or-that."

MrGoose
02-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Half of Romney's vote is the Mormons. Makes you think if they weren't there if we could have won...

JoshS
02-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Half of Romney's vote is the Mormons. Makes you think if they weren't there if we could have won...

There's always that one thing that stops us.

If Santorum didn't 'surge' could we have won Iowa?

If Huntsman wasn't a tool to distract votes in NH, could we have won?

If Mormons weren't so self-interested, could we have won NV?

GunnyFreedom
02-04-2012, 07:03 PM
There's always that one thing that stops us.

If Santorum didn't 'surge' could we have won Iowa?

yes.

If Huntsman wasn't a tool to distract votes in NH, could we have won?

maybe, but probably not.

If Mormons weren't so self-interested, could we have won NV?

Probably. The Mormon faith has a particularly glowing view of the US Constitution.

American Idol
02-04-2012, 07:04 PM

Diebold. ;)

libertygrl
02-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Why not? He has the winning message so he should be the winning candidate! I won't give up, I will never give up. This is discouraging and all my friends might think I am nuts to keep talking about Ron Paul all the time, but I don't care! I don't want to see WW3 get started!

I'M WITH YOU! :D

I wish people would post that video of Jack Hunter on the Judge's show this week. They showed a graphic with the amount of delegates for each candidate and the amount that is needed to win. It's still a long way to go, only the media is making it appear that Romney has it all wrapped up.He said Reagan lost 6 states in a row before he started winning. After his explanation it actually gave me a new perspective and hope. Wish I could find that video. More people need to see it.

Peace&Freedom
02-04-2012, 07:17 PM
People, it's both and. BOTH: Paul IS on track to getting a serious chunk of delegates, in conjunction with the drop out of Santorum (very likely and soon) as well as Newt (by next month). Look at the thread again by 1836 on the delegate strategy, state by state. The first critical state for Paul is MAINE in the pick-up of delegates, Nevada is just transitional.

AND: I and others have discussed a third party run by Paul, not just as contingency plan B to ensure we can vote for him in November, but as a definite way to enhance plan A of winning the GOP nomination. Paul running for BOTH the Republican nod and on other line will make primary voters have to choose him and WIN, or go with Romney and lose. The sooner Paul does this, the sooner it acts as a gamechanger to help him win the nomination.

If he doesn't, it's going to be harder to shake the average GOP voter out of his conventional framework of "I'll just go with the pro-war, pro-fed frontrunner, because we all know the anti-fed/war Paulites will come home to vote for him in the election." Paul needs to run on both a GOP and 3rd party basis to shake them out of that mindset, otherwise they may stay in that mindset.

SpicyTurkey
02-04-2012, 07:25 PM
This is good I guess. Hope we keep it up.

rprprs
02-04-2012, 07:48 PM
THIS is why I love watching the RevPac broadcast...

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm139/rprprs/revpac.jpg

CTRattlesnake
02-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Storey county came in

Ron lost to mitt by 1 vote 53,52