PDA

View Full Version : TX - Dallas cops grenade, beat, kick and injure man in raid. No charges filed.

Anti Federalist
02-04-2012, 06:50 AM
I suppose that's what the new dynamic is: cops blow up your house, beat you half to death, leaving you in puddle of blood with permanant injuries, and you should consider yourself lucky that they didn't trump up some phony charges as well.

Just another isolated incident done by "bad apples"....:mad:

'What the Heck Was That All About?'

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/01/25/43317.htm

DALLAS (CN) - A diesel mechanic who was making himself lunch in his kitchen says Dallas police fired a flash bomb through his back door, smashed through and "zip tied" his hands behind his back, then beat him until he was bloody and unconscious and ransacked his house - apparently by mistake, as no charges were filed after the chaos subsided.
In his federal complaint, Danny Cantu, 45, says he has never been convicted of a crime. He has a high school diploma and a degree from ITT as a diesel mechanic.
Cantu says he was making his lunch in his kitchen on the afternoon of Jan. 22, 2010 when he saw several uniformed officers run into his backyard.
Almost at once, he says, the officers fired a flash bomb through his back door.
"In matter of milliseconds after the deafening and frightening explosion, the defendant officers ... forcefully entered the home by ramming through the back door," the complaint states.
Cantu said the officers did not "knock and announce" their presence or intentions, nor give him a chance to let them into his home peacefully, or otherwise attempt to obtain his consent for them to enter.
"Upon forcefully and violently entering plaintiffs home, defendant officers ... screamed at plaintiff Danny Cantu to 'get on the ground!' Plaintiff Danny Cantu immediately complied by laying face first on the kitchen floor and spreading his arms and legs while facing the floor beneath him," the complaint states.
"Defendant officers then proceeded to 'zip tie' plaintiff Danny Cantu's hand behind his back placing him under arrest. Not satisfied with shooting bombs off in plaintiff's home, violently breaking the door down and screaming at plaintiff Danny Cantu for no reason, defendant officers then proceed to repeatedly kick and beat him, causing significant bodily injuries which rendered him unconscious and lying in a pool of his own blood."
They officers searched the home but "did not find any illegal items or contraband, despite ransacking plaintiff's home, crawling under his home and generally destroying plaintiff's personal property," Cantu says.
The complaint continues: "Plaintiff Danny Cantu was not charged with any crime in connection with the January 22, 2010 search and arrest conducted by defendant officers and/or defendants John Doe 1 through 10. Plaintiff Danny Cantu was not charged with resisting arrest, assault or any other criminal activity. Defendant officers and/or defendants John Doe 1 through 10 executed the search warrant and subjected plaintiff Danny Cantu to excessive force for unknown reasons."
It is customary for police to charge people with "resisting arrest" after beating them up. But Cantu said the police did not charge him with anything.
He says the beating caused him "permanent and severe personal injuries, including, but not limited to, a broken orbital bone and broken nose, a concussion, a traumatic brain injury, loss of vision in his left eye and loss of hearing in his left ear. Plaintiff Danny Cantu's injuries required surgical intervention and caused significant scarring and disfigurement."
Cantu and his wife seek punitive damages for trespass, false arrest, false imprisonment, assault and battery, conspiracy to violate his constitutional rights, excessive force, and unreasonable search.
Named as defendants are the City of Dallas, nine named police officers and 10 John Does.

aGameOfThrones
02-04-2012, 07:04 AM
http://crimethinc.com/texts/images/police1.gif

tod evans
02-04-2012, 07:05 AM
This kind of BS has been going on for over 2 decades, military "type" attacks on American citizens.
Who really belongs to the "public" that supports these activities?
What realistic options are there to combat this behavior by "public servants"?
This fellow is left trying to get redress from the same courts that sanctioned the aggression in the first place.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-04-2012, 11:46 AM
conducted by defendant officers and/or defendants John Doe 1 through 10.

I hope names are forthcoming soon and this is because they have not been identified, and not to protect them. For instance, I'd want to know if my neighbors were participating in this sort of shit so I could stay as far away from them as possible.

JK/SEA
02-04-2012, 12:24 PM
hey, the guy has to be guilty of 'something' and had it coming.... right?....right?...oh well..

next.

Lets see...it appears they are going down a list in alphabetical order. My last name starts with a 'K' so i'm ok for now.

phill4paul
02-04-2012, 12:28 PM
See if you don't resist then you'll be fine. Best just to submit and lay down spread eagle. Compliance is the key to safe interaction with law enforcement.

Kylie
02-04-2012, 12:32 PM
See if you don't resist then you'll be fine. Best just to submit and lay down spread eagle. Compliance is the key to safe interaction with law enforcement.

Or a rapist. Not that there is much difference between the two anymore. In fact, sometimes they are one and the same.

phill4paul
02-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Or a rapist. Not that there is much difference between the two anymore. In fact, sometimes they are one and the same.

No doubt.

Kylie
02-04-2012, 01:17 PM
No doubt.

I'll die on my feet, thank you very much.

Being a 100lb chick, I'm not laying down for a rapist or a cop who is a rapist. I'll fight to the death instead.

At least with a rapist I know I have a fighting chance, not so much with the cops.

noneedtoaggress
02-04-2012, 01:57 PM
reminds me of the recent chainsaw incident...

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/01/31/fbi-uses-chainsaw-in-raid-on-wrong-fitchburg-apartment/

heavenlyboy34
02-04-2012, 02:10 PM
:eek: I don't see a significant difference between what the cops in the op story did and the "terrorists" the regime so likes to vilify. :mad:

flightlesskiwi
02-04-2012, 02:20 PM
:eek: I don't see a significant difference between what the cops in the op story did and the "terrorists" the regime so likes to vilify. :mad:

anti-'merican ter-rist!!!

/reported

seriously, though. if a group of terrorists broke into your home and did this, at least you'd be able to hold them each personally liable and the taxpayer's wouldn't be footing the bill for the damage.

Pericles
02-04-2012, 02:49 PM
I hope names are forthcoming soon and this is because they have not been identified, and not to protect them. For instance, I'd want to know if my neighbors were participating in this sort of shit so I could stay as far away from them as possible.

CITY OF DALLAS, DAVID O. BROWN §
IN HIS OFFICIAL CAPACITY, OFFICER §
C. HIGHT, IN HIS INDIVIDUAL §
AND OFFICIAL CAPACITY, OFFICER §
T. RIVERA, IN HIS INDIVIDUAL §
AND OFFICIAL CAPACITY, D. FOSTER, §
IN HIS INDIVIDUAL AND OFFICIAL §
CAPACITY, C. WAGNER, IN HIS §
INDIVIDUAL AND OFFICIAL CAPACITY, §
K. KRESTA, IN HIS INDIVIDUAL AND §
OFFICIAL CAPACITY, G. GARCIA, IN HIS §
INDIVIDUAL AND OFFICIAL CAPACITY, §
J. FORTIER, IN HIS INDIVIDUAL AND §
OFFICIAL CAPACITY, SGT. A. HARVEY, §
IN HIS INDIVIDUAL AND OFFICIAL §
CAPACITY, JOHN DOE NOS. 1 THROUGH §
10, IN THEIR INDIVIDUAL AND §
OFFICIAL CAPACITIES, §
§
Defendants

tod evans
02-04-2012, 03:17 PM

You go right ahead and lay down. :(

AFPVet
02-04-2012, 03:28 PM

You will still get a knee in your back or thigh while being hastily handcuffed. Who knows, you might be "resisting" for simply breathing.

phill4paul
02-04-2012, 03:58 PM
You go right ahead and lay down. :(

You will still get a knee in your back or thigh while being hastily handcuffed. Who knows, you might be "resisting" for simply breathing.

I'm sorry. I thought it was pretty clear from the article nothing I mentioned would lead to a safe resolve.....

/s

youngbuck
02-04-2012, 04:36 PM
The officers must be held accountable in BOTH their official AND individual capacities. Also, whoever authorized the attack, and the judge who signed the warrant.

GunnyFreedom
02-04-2012, 04:43 PM
This is one of the reasons why I was one of the few members of my assembly to oppose the "good faith exception to the exclusionary rule"

http://ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2011&BillID=H3

A local conservative ranking group dinged me as "not conservative" for voting against this bill. WTF kind of "conservative" votes in favor of a bill carving out an exception to the Constitution? :rolleyes:

youngbuck
02-04-2012, 05:33 PM
A local conservative ranking group dinged me as "not conservative" for voting against this bill. WTF kind of "conservative" votes in favor of a bill carving out an exception to the Constitution? :rolleyes:

Apparently that's what being "conservative" is all about these days.

GunnyFreedom
02-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Apparently that's what being "conservative" is all about these days.

Ain't that the truth! Apparently they think "conserving the unconstitutional power that progressive liberals took for us" is what amounts to 21st century 'conservatism.'

I, however, am a Constitutional conservative, and I will conserve the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. As far as I am concerned, that's what conservatism means, and the progressive liberals pretending to be Republicans can lump it.

heavenlyboy34
02-04-2012, 06:49 PM
anti-'merican ter-rist!!!

/reported

seriously, though. if a group of terrorists broke into your home and did this, at least you'd be able to hold them each personally liable and the taxpayer's wouldn't be footing the bill for the damage. Yep. Plus, if I killed a "real" turr'ist who broke into my home in the middle of the night, I'd be heralded as a hero all over the fuckin' media. :p

phill4paul
02-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Yep. Plus, if I killed a "real" turr'ist who broke into my home in the middle of the night, I'd be heralded as a hero all over the fuckin' media. :p

And therein lies the 'disconnect.'