PDA

View Full Version : Moving Change Bomb Date to Dec 16th, suggestions welcome.

JimInNY
11-12-2007, 10:08 AM
The change bomb seems to be a well received idea in most parts, but the knock on it has been the date of Dec 4th. That was set before the teaparty officially came online.

For anyone who doesn't know what the change bomb is, see http://www.changeforronpaul.com/

Anyway, after listening to suggestions, I think that changing the date to coincide with the teaparty is the thing to do in order to garner more enthusiasm for the idea. It seems that people like it, but they don't want it to compete with the tea party.

I didn't think it was competing per se, since the goal is the same, money for Ron Paul's campaign, but it is competing for the promotional energies of RP supporters. Without help, the idea cannot spread far enough and wide enough to be very effective.

Changing the date to the 16th will allow people to promote the idea without risking taking anything away from what could be a gigantic fund raising day for RP.

I saw what the 5th did to get RP into the national spotlight. The tea party could double that exposure.

One thing I think I should do is use the teaparty07.com feedburner form instead of the one I set up for the change bomb, this way all change subscribers can be counted on the teaparty site. That is something I will ask trevor about I guess.

To risk sounding like Bill O'ReallyDumb, what sayeth you?

FreeTraveler
11-12-2007, 10:37 AM
All donation drives should be coordinated with the November 16 date.

Brian Bailey
11-12-2007, 01:15 PM
How about a slogan like "Ron Paul stands for Change. Let your change stand for Ron Paul."

jrich4rpaul
11-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Coinstar is a rip off. Luckily my bank does the same thing, but without a charge.

Good site though.

JimInNY
11-12-2007, 02:17 PM
How about a slogan like "Ron Paul stands for Change. Let your change stand for Ron Paul."

I have something similar on the front page of http://www.changeforronpaul.com now but I like yours better. Changing it now. :)

Thanks!

Visual
11-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Coinstar is a rip off. Luckily my bank does the same thing, but without a charge.

Good site though.

Some people are lazy and don't want to drive to a bank... I agree.. it is a rip off.

JoshLowry
11-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Good idea. The more donations on the 16th the better.

JimInNY
11-12-2007, 04:00 PM
I contacted Trevor and he thinks leaving the Pledge count separate is the best way to handle that part.