PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich [POLITICO] Newt Gingrich's Nevada campaign unraveling

dt_
02-03-2012, 04:36 PM
This bodes well for us :)

LAS VEGAS — Newt Gingrich is not on TV here. His daily events have slowed to a trickle. He’s got a bare-bones staff working in a tiny space rented just 2 weeks ago.
The most attention he’s received since arriving in Nevada came with his snub of the state’s popular governor. Or maybe from his campaign’s incorrect claim that it would be receiving Donald Trump’s endorsement.

Gingrich’s Nevada campaign, in other words, is a mess.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72427.html

Kords21
02-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Sounds like the wheels are falling off the Newt campaign. I hope he drops out soon, make his SC win irrelevent.

Drex
02-03-2012, 04:48 PM
I smell a RON PAUL NEVADA SURGE.... BYYAAAHH!

randomname
02-03-2012, 04:53 PM
This bodes well for us :)

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72427.html

look at that comment section... 100% negative towards Newt

nano1895
02-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Wait..so Trump isn't endorsing Newt? (lol)

RDM
02-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Sounds like the wheels are falling off the Newt campaign. I hope he drops out soon, make his SC win irrelevent.

No, it sounds like the rocket boosters fell off the space ship.

opinionatedfool
02-03-2012, 10:02 PM
No, it sounds like the rocket boosters fell off the space ship.

Lol, what space ship? More like space junk.

RDM
02-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Lol, what space ship? More like space junk.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/012010/1264091579_kirk_rofl.gif

green73
02-04-2012, 12:13 AM
bwaaahahaha

Lafayette
02-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Though I’m past one hundred thousand miles
I’m feeling very still
And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
Tell my scary ass robot wife I love her very much...

Ground control to Major Newt, Your circuit’s dead, there’s something wrong...
Can you hear me Major Newt?
Can you hear....

Am I floating round my tin can
Far above the Moon
My Campaign is threw
And there’s nothing I can do.?

bbartlog
02-04-2012, 07:36 AM
It'a possible he's flat broke, too. We don't know how much of his campaign's money was spent trying to take Florida. And I'm sure he's not a paragon of thrift like our good doctor. And I have to think that it must cause friction within his organization, once the money runs low and the choices get tough, that everyone knows he's funneled $300,000 or more of those campaign funds into his own pockets.

Kords21
02-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Good point bbartlog. I think Newt went all in for Florida and came up severely empty handed. His floundering about in Nevada is definatly not a good sign for his campaign. I can imagine there's a few Newt supportes scratching thier head at the mixed messages being sent by the campaign. Despite what Newt has said, I doubt he lasts too much longer.

evadmurd
02-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Yet many polls still have him polling 2nd. Damn media.

seapilot
02-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Newt is a failure as a manager. That is what a campaign is all about showing leadership. He was in debt for a quarter million to a Jewelry store. He tried to cheat on taxes and got investigated and thrown out on his ass with worst ethics fines in history. He can not even be loyal to not one ill spouse but two. His campaign became derailed back in June when his staff quit and he went it alone to sell books.

He is only here because the media pumped him up for Iowa, which they failed at due to all his baggage so broke the glass and grabbed Santorum. They did it again for South Carolina because they knew his southern roots would help him there and the whole set up was to give him a powerful debate win. Without a staged debate he is nothing but a big bag of flatulence. His ego is going to destroy him the more he does not place first in another state. He may try to hold on until Super Tuesday when Georgia has its primary, he cant win first there he is for sure finished. There also is no debate to save him for awhile, so people will lose interest in him before Super Tuesday if he continues to not win anything.