PDA

View Full Version : Any handout flyers without the donate thing on the back?

Butchie
02-03-2012, 02:04 PM
I have been looking for some good flyers to hand out with issue specific stuff but all of them I've seen have the thing on the back asking for donations. I feel this is an immediate turn off, these people dont' even know or support Ron and we're going to ask them for money right out of the gate? Anytime I see anything I'm unfamiliar with asking me for money it goes right in the trash.

ross11988
02-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Yea I don't like it either. The ones from 4 years ago were better IMO

ronpaulhawaii
02-03-2012, 02:09 PM
I like the donate thing on the back. Many voters do not use the internet like us, especially prime voters. Also, typical voters expect the ask and many donors are wary of candidates who don't ask. This last point is important for new candidates to realize...

Drex
02-03-2012, 02:25 PM
This is what I do. I either scan the flyer or download the image online. Then place it in paint and crop it. I then copy it and place it into either google docs or micro word. I can easily fit 2 flyers maybe even 3 on there. After I print them, ( usually in black & white ) I just cut them all out. I know its black and white and flimsy paper but that's what I do so there isn't the donate on the backside. Also you have much more leeway. You can put the primary/caucus date on the bottom of the page and leave it before you cut it out. Hope that helps.

shadowhooch
02-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Agreed. The donation thing is why I don't use them either.

Butchie
02-03-2012, 02:45 PM
This is what I do. I either scan the flyer or download the image online. Then place it in paint and crop it. I then copy it and place it into either google docs or micro word. I can easily fit 2 flyers maybe even 3 on there. After I print them, ( usually in black & white ) I just cut them all out. I know its black and white and flimsy paper but that's what I do so there isn't the donate on the backside. Also you have much more leeway. You can put the primary/caucus date on the bottom of the page and leave it before you cut it out. Hope that helps.

That's a good thought, I don't have a printer right now tho, guess I could figure something out.

gerryb
02-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Also, typical voters expect the ask and many donors are wary of candidates who don't ask. This last point is important for new candidates to realize...

Yep, it's very frustrating when you have a great candidate and they don't 1) Ask for money 2) Ask for volunteers

evilfunnystuff
02-03-2012, 04:47 PM
I don't think it's bad form at all, it is not obtrusive. Most people will not be turned off by it, and it will increase donations.

They have done studies and focus groups, and have determined that presenting an oportunity to make a contribution is net positive. It helps in terms of fundraising, voter ID to help make sure they are properly registered and getting out the vote, most people will not dismiss it out of hand, they will simply choose to donate or not.

sailingaway
02-03-2012, 04:56 PM
there are a bunch in the 'campaign materials' subforum, do a search on 'flyers'