PDA

View Full Version : Will the Federal Government Confiscate your Gold and Silver

rockerrockstar
02-03-2012, 01:26 PM
http://www.commodityonline.com/news/can-the-government-confiscate-your-gold-and-silver-45322-3-1.html

PeacePlan
02-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Come and take it I have stored right behind the .45 and 9mm

WilliamC
02-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Not if you have lost it in an unfortunate boating accident.

Can't take what you don't have ;)

Zippyjuan
02-03-2012, 01:35 PM
The only time it happend was when the US was on a gold standard and was desparate for more gold. Wer aren't on a gold standard so there is no reason they would feel the need to aquire more gold in that manner.

steph3n
02-03-2012, 01:37 PM
The only time it happend was when the US was on a gold standard and was desparate for more gold. Wer aren't on a gold standard so there is no reason they would feel the need to aquire more gold in that manner.

History will repeat itself....nothing here says US Federal govt..

Mark37snj
02-03-2012, 01:46 PM
If Ron Paul got us back on the Gold Standard and he asked the people to sell them their gold to secure it I would, if I had any gold that is :(.

Kelly.
02-03-2012, 01:51 PM
they wont confiscate it, they will tax the hell out of people selling physical metals ;)

Pericles
02-03-2012, 01:54 PM
It won't be confiscated, it will be siezed as eveidence of your mental instability, and proof that you need to be institutionalized for your own good.

The Gold Standard
02-03-2012, 01:58 PM
It won't be confiscated, it will be siezed as eveidence of your mental instability, and proof that you need to be institutionalized for your own good.

Or evidence that you are a terrorist, and proof that you need to be held indefinitely at Guantanamo Bay.

xFiFtyOnE
02-03-2012, 01:59 PM
What gold and silver? I don't have any, I promise. ;)

Pericles
02-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Or evidence that you are a terrorist, and proof that you need to be held indefinitely at Guantanamo Bay.

That ^ too.

Bonnieblue
02-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Of course the general government, the Leviathan, the Hobbesian state will confiscate our specie - gold and silver. Modern man does not like to live within limitations. The constructs of modern man, particularly the abstract corporation with a monopoly on coercion and with the ability to define the limits of its own power (does not like limits) known as the Hobbesian state will not tolerate the natural limitations imposed by the created order, one set of those natural limitations being gold and silver, i.e. there is a finite amount of gold and silver so no more real wealth can be expressed as money than there is gold and silver available. That puts too much limitation on the elites and cadres who want to fund three things: their wars and their welfare state as a means to their own overwhelming wealth and power.

When you possess gold and silver. You possess power; and they Hobbesian state will not allow you to possess power, for it must by definition have a monopoly on coercion and within that monopoly is power.

Were I to possess gold or silver, I would not possess it as an investment. I would posses it to survive when I had nothing else to offer to keep my family alive. The Hobbesian state does not what me to posses that means. If one of the corporate members of the Hobbesian state wants a world-wide monopoly on seed so that they control the very means of producing and taking in nutrition, do you not think that this same Hobbesian state would be obsessed with taking all other means of survival and denying them to you, including gold and silver? Do not underestimate the Beast.

Zippyjuan
02-03-2012, 03:06 PM
History will repeat itself....nothing here says US Federal govt..

It doesn't?

Will the Federal Government Confiscate your Gold and Silver

Danke
02-03-2012, 04:37 PM
I will gladly surrender mine, if it is for the children!

oyarde
02-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Nah , mark me down as a non participant . Danke is covering things for me :)

brushfire
02-04-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm not willing to part with my gold metal, but I may be able to hook them up with some gold medal.
...delivered at ~2700 fps.

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/large/358/358610.jpg