PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts DEADLINE to register to vote is Wednesday, FEBRUARY 15.

Cinderella
02-03-2012, 12:35 PM
DEADLINE to register to vote is Wednesday, February 15, 2012!!

Where to register :

your town/city hall

February 15 is the deadline to change your political affiliation to Republican in order to support Dr. Paul.

The Massachusetts primary is OPEN to Republicans and Independent voters BUT in order to vote for RON PAUL DELEGATES, in the state caucus, you MUST be registered REPUBLICAN!!

You can change your affiliation at your town/city hall.

According to the Sect. of the Commonwealth, the order of names on the Mass. GOP ballot is as follows.

Ron Paul
Mitt Romney
Rick Perry
Rick Santorum
Jon Huntsman
Michele Bachmann
Newt Gingrich

His placement, the amount of unenrolled (independent) voters who can vote in the GOP primary, and some of the endorsements he's got so far (President of the Massachusetts Republican Assembly) could make 2nd place a reality.

ALSO

We will be making phone calls for Dr. Ron Paul this Saturday in Worcester, MA. at the Liberty Clubhouse from 1pm-5pm This is one of the most important aspects of the grassroots campaign. We need your help!

18 Grafton St. 4th floor Worcester, MA 01604

hope to see you all there!!! bring a cell phone, lap top (if you have one) and be ready top make lots of calls! we have over 2000 people to call that have supported Dr. Paul in the past. We want to remind them of the important voting dates AND to register REPUBLICAN!!

Aratus
02-03-2012, 02:52 PM
supertuesday bumpity bump bump

bronxboy10
02-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Cool!

I don't know if i'll be able to make it out to Worcester tomorrow (I live in Boston), but I will be changing my registration from Democrat to Republican next week.

Thanks again for the heads up!

PaleoPaul
02-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Romney's definitely winning this. If he doesn't, well, that doesn't look good for him, haha.

It would be like Dubya losing Texas, or Slick Willy losing Arkansas.

mmadness
02-03-2012, 05:26 PM
bump

Indifference
02-03-2012, 05:53 PM
I will be going, as will my parents, parents closest friends, and all my buddies. Can't wait.

mmadness
02-03-2012, 11:39 PM
bump

everlasticity
02-04-2012, 02:40 AM
Brump.

J. W. Evans
02-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Reminder to everyone who's going to caucus,
Don't forget we're all in different districts now! This is especially a big reminder for those living in Districts 1 and 2, which looks to have swapped huge amounts of land with the other and vice versa.

sailingaway
02-04-2012, 09:55 AM
bump!

mmadness
02-05-2012, 01:41 PM
bump

Cinderella
02-08-2012, 10:01 AM

Where to register :

your town/city hall

February 15 is the deadline to change your political affiliation to Republican in order to support Dr. Paul.

The Massachusetts primary is OPEN to Republicans and Independent voters BUT in order to vote for RON PAUL DELEGATES, in the state caucus, you MUST be registered REPUBLICAN!!

According to the Sect. of the Commonwealth, the order of names on the Mass. GOP ballot is as follows.

Ron Paul
Mitt Romney
Rick Perry
Rick Santorum
Jon Huntsman
Michele Bachmann
Newt Gingrich

His placement, the amount of unenrolled (independent) voters who can vote in the GOP primary, and some of the endorsements he's got so far (President of the Massachusetts Republican Assembly) could make 2nd place a reality.

ALSO

We will be making phone calls for Dr. Ron Paul this Saturday in Worcester, MA. at the Liberty Clubhouse from 1pm-5pm This is one of the most important aspects of the grassroots campaign. We need your help!

hope to see you all there!!! bring a cell phone, lap top (if you have one) and be ready top make lots of calls! we have over 2000 people to call that have supported Dr. Paul in the past. We want to remind them of the important voting dates AND to register REPUBLICAN!!

Bump!!

Aratus
02-08-2012, 12:37 PM
bump

muzzled dogg
02-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Private message me anyone from mass who I have not yet met

Cinderella
02-08-2012, 12:53 PM
EDIT

I mean this SUNDAY at Liberty Clubhouse to phone bank!! we have over 4000 people to call to remind them to register to vote republican to participate in the caucus!! the people we are calling have all donated to Dr. Paul or have signed up to support him :)

danielboon
02-08-2012, 01:51 PM
lots of dems here in westernmass that are going to vote for Ron:cool:

Freedom of Speech
02-08-2012, 03:46 PM
bumpity bumpity bump

Cinderella
02-10-2012, 09:35 AM
bump!

Aratus
02-12-2012, 07:50 PM
hi shemdogg!!!

Cinderella
02-13-2012, 10:58 AM

Where to register :

your town/city hall

Ron Paul
Mitt Romney
Rick Perry
Rick Santorum
Jon Huntsman
Michele Bachmann
Newt Gingrich

Bump!

matt0611
02-13-2012, 11:05 AM
OK, I'm gonna go change to republican (from unenrolled) either today or tomorrow. But what exactly do I need to do after that? (besides voting for Ron Paul in the primary).

How does all the delegate stuff work in massachusetts?

jrskblx125
02-13-2012, 11:36 AM
OK, I'm gonna go change to republican (from unenrolled) either today or tomorrow. But what exactly do I need to do after that? (besides voting for Ron Paul in the primary).

How does all the delegate stuff work in massachusetts?

This. I just enrolled republican in hopes to figure out the delegate stuff. Clueless as of right now.

Cinderella
02-13-2012, 12:56 PM
great! thank you for switching to republican!

ok so the caucus will be held on a saturday morning for about an hour or 2, (within 60 days of the primary). it will probably be held end of april or first week of may. the caucus is where we elect ron paul delegates :)

if you would like more info about the state caucus and if you would like to recieve updates sign up at : libertyclubhouse.org

i will also be constantly posting updates and if you have any questions PM me, my name is Carol

matt0611
02-13-2012, 01:16 PM
great! thank you for switching to republican!

ok so the caucus will be held on a saturday morning for about an hour or 2, (within 60 days of the primary). it will probably be held end of april or first week of may. the caucus is where we elect ron paul delegates :)

if you would like more info about the state caucus and if you would like to recieve updates sign up at : libertyclubhouse.org

i will also be constantly posting updates and if you have any questions PM me, my name is Carol

K, thanks! I signed up.

Cinderella
02-13-2012, 03:30 PM
bump!

bronxboy10
02-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Got back from Boston City Hall about 90 minutes ago. Just registered Republican. While I was registering, the worker's office phone started ringing. I could hear a young girl on the other end ask, "I live up in Brighton (Right between Boston College and Boston University), how can I switch from Democrat to Republican?" I figured that was likely a Ron Paul supporter on the other end. :)

muzzled dogg
02-13-2012, 06:59 PM
^^^nice

Cinderella
02-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Great^^

I've been phone banking, reminding people to register republican in order to participate in te caucus. People are really excited here in Mass! The way I see it, if they're taking the time to go and register republican, they will also take the time to go vote and/or participate in the caucus. Back in 2008 Dr. Paul picked up a large amount of delegates from Mass and we were hardly organized. This year is a totally different story and I'm so excited to see how the caucus goes!

People in Massachusetts need to register republican by this WEDNESDAY February 15 in order to participate in the state caucus, which happens after the primary. You can do this at city hall or your local RMV.

And make sure to SAVE THE RECEIPT!!!

sailingaway
02-14-2012, 10:27 AM
bump

Mikeforpaul
02-14-2012, 10:47 AM
bump

sailingaway
02-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Save the receipt!! In case they lose the recent changes (in Louisiana caucuses last time something like this happened...)

muzzled dogg
02-14-2012, 10:56 AM
dont say we didnt tell you so

bronxboy10
02-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Great^^
You can do this at city hall or your local RMV.

Also an FYI- I filled out one very small form. It took less than 3 minutes to fill out. You apparently do not need to bring ANY documentation (although I brought a gas bill just in case).

Cinderella
02-14-2012, 01:27 PM
You can also pick up extra voter registrations, have family or friends fill them out, and return them yourself!! I did this for 4 people in my family...

Please please save your receipt!!!!

tommyrp12
02-14-2012, 02:46 PM
just got this e-mail about possible confusions from the campaign

Warning... Some MA GOP members and even town officials are giving out false information about the Masssuchusetts primary and caucuses. Don't be fooled. There is a lot of misunderstanding out there, even among those in official positions.

Truth: Both Republican and Undeclared voters can vote in the MA Republican primary. However, only registered Republicans can vote in the Republican caucuses (which come after the primary). And the deadline to register Republican for the caucuses is tomorrow, Wed. 2/15.

(If you haven't yet, please fill out our caucus sign up form here)

If you want to check the rules for yourself, the correct place to look is the "Massachusetts Republican Party Plan for the Selection of Delegates" which can be found on the Mass GOP website here: http://massgop.com/events/rnc-convention/

Many people don't understand those rules, including town officials and even Republican State Committe members. In fact, one of our supporters contacted their town hall and this is the email response they received from the Assistant Town Clerk:

"We have inquired as to your question regarding voter registration for voting in the Republican Caucus. Our most helpful source of information was ... the current Republican State Committee Man for [your] District. According to [him], the MA Republican party does not caucus in Presidential election years. They caucus during Gubernatorial election years. He suggested that if you wish to change your party, to do so sometime before or in the summer of 2012. "

That State Committe Man must be confused. There is a Republican State convention in Gubernatorial election years, but there is also most certainly district caucuses this year, for the selection of delegates to the Republican National Convention.

So again, please don't let anyone convince you otherwise. You must be Registered Republican by the deadline tomorrow, Wed 2/15/2012, in order to help elect Ron Paul supporters as delegates at the the district caucuses.

And again here are 4 things that Ron Paul supporters can do to help in Massachusetts:

1) (Most urgent) Please make sure you are registered Republican by February 15th in order to be able to participate in the district caucuses. And stay tuned for more information from the campaign about the caucuses. We will be holding organizing and training meetings for the caucuses after the primary.

2) Fill out our caucus signup form here.

3) Encourage your family and friends to Register Republican and ask them if they will be willing to go with you and help you vote at the caucus.

4) Join our phone banking effort for the primary. We will be sending out an email later in the week with more information focused on our phone banking, but for now you can put it on your calendar that we will be holding phone banking sessions every weekend (beginning this weekend) until the primary, on both Saturday and Sunday, in both Worcester and Boston. We only have three weekends until the primary, so please join us. Here's the info:

Phonebanking at Liberty Clubhouse (Worcester)
Every Sat. and Sun. from 1-5pm until the March 6th primary
4th Floor, Osgood Bradley Building
18 Grafton St, Worcester, MA

Phonebanking at Liberty Studio (Boston)
119 Braintree St. Allston, MA

Thank you!

Matt Robinson
603-512-2969
mattr@ronpaul2012.com
Volunteer MA State Director
Ron Paul 2012

P.S. - It is extremely important that you make sure you are registered Republican by February 15th in order to vote in the MA caucuses in support of Ron Paul. If you have any questions about the process please contact me.

P.P.S - Bring a friend or family member too. That DOUBLES or TRIPLES your effect

forward to a friend
Copyright © 2012 Ron Paul 2012 PCC, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you signed up or donated to the Ron Paul campaign.
Our mailing address is:

Ron Paul 2012 PCC
845 W Plantation Dr
Clute, TX 77531

Add us to your address book

bronxboy10
02-14-2012, 02:53 PM
119 Braintree St. Allston, MA

No way! I LITERALLY live 500 feet from there, right across the turnpike! I walk down Everett St. every day for work. Awesome! I'll be in San Fran this weekend, but i'll absolutely be coming by the weekend I get back!

matt0611
02-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Just officially changed my party from unenrolled to republican!

tommyrp12
02-14-2012, 03:15 PM
there is also this explaining the deligate proccess from a RP supporter making calls in Ma.

Hello Thomas,
I am the volunteer for the RonPaul2012 Campaign who just called you. Thank you for talking with me.
Here is a summary of what I said with some more detail. Look especially at the last two lines of this email.

Although you can vote for Ron Paul in the primary even if you are "unenrolled," you can only vote in the MA caucuses IF you are a registered Republican.
Why would you want to vote in the caucuses?
The caucuses choose the delegates, the people who go to the Republican National Convention and vote for the nominee.

Now here is the trick. On the first ballot the elected delegates are sworn to vote for the victor in the primary.
BUT if the convention does not produce a winner on the first ballot (50% +1), then the delegates are free to vote as they please.
In my opinion the first ballot will not produce a winner.
So it is crucial that the delegates be committed to Ron Paul. There will be Ron Paul delegates up for election in each of the caucuses throughout MA.

The caucuses will take place in each Congressional District several weeks after the primary. Three delegates are elected for each Congressional District in MA.
Who gets to vote for delegates? All registered Republicans who show up!!! That could be you. But you must be registered Republican by Feb. 15 and remain so until the caucuses are completed. Then do as you wish.

How many people does it take to elect delegates in each Congressional District? As few as 50 in a district, possibly even fewer, can carry the day. These caucuses do not exactly draw a Superbowl sized crowd. The caucuses last only a couple hours and usually take place on a weekend morning. We will keep you informed.

So register Republican right now. Deadline is Feb. 15, the day after Valentine's Day - tomorrow. The city halls and town halls are open late until 8 pm on Feb. 15. You must go there to register of change registration. They open at 8am.

And please let me know if you do so or if you are already registered Republican and willing to attend a caucus.

If you have questions, you can reach me at this email address or at 508-868-1653. You can also contact Bob Dwyer
at 508 -930-5530.

In addition to registering Republican, please go to www.libertyclubhouse.org (please check off the RP2012 box)
and sign up. We will call you back with news of the caucuses. And forward this to friends, relatives and neighbors.

Best wishes,
John V. Walsh, MD

--
Every now and then Sisyphus wins.

matt0611
02-14-2012, 03:58 PM
So does each district vote for the delegates to go to the MA state convention and those delegates vote on who to send to the national convention in Florida? Is that how it works?

impaleddead
02-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Just dropped my registration off at the post office. See you guys on super tuesday.

Cinderella
02-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Just dropped my registration off at the post office. See you guys on super tuesday.

at the post office?! are you mailing it? its too late to mail them in!

Cinderella
02-14-2012, 05:01 PM
I am at the liberty clubhouse in worcester every weekend making calls...if anyone is in the area stop in!!

bronxboy10
02-14-2012, 05:17 PM
at the post office?! are you mailing it? its too late to mail them in!

When I was at Boston City Hall yesterday, I heard the worker tell someone so long as it was postmarked by Feb 15, it would be accepted.

Cinderella
02-14-2012, 05:49 PM
When I was at Boston City Hall yesterday, I heard the worker tell someone so long as it was postmarked by Feb 15, it would be accepted.

I would not risk it...are you able to get to city hall or the RMV to deliver it personally? Plus you need to keep your receipt!!!

muzzled dogg
02-14-2012, 05:51 PM
So does each district vote for the delegates to go to the MA state convention and those delegates vote on who to send to the national convention in Florida? Is that how it works?

no

vote directly on who goes to tampa

sailingaway
02-14-2012, 07:05 PM
bump

mmadness
02-15-2012, 12:42 AM
bump

matt0611
02-15-2012, 12:57 AM
no

vote directly on who goes to tampa

Oh, nice! :)

Cinderella
02-15-2012, 10:38 AM

Where to register :

your town/city hall

Ron Paul
Mitt Romney
Rick Perry
Rick Santorum
Jon Huntsman
Michele Bachmann
Newt Gingrich

ALSO

LAST DAY TO REGISTER!!!!!

Save your receipt!!!

muzzled dogg
02-15-2012, 11:08 AM
The caucus to elect delegates has been scheduled for 4/28

You must be registered as Republican BY TODAY to participate

I have heard that Massachusetts town/city halls are open late tonight (8PM) to accomodate citizens looking to change their affiliations. Don't risk it; get over there ASAP.

matt0611
02-15-2012, 11:44 AM
So how do we know who to vote for at the caucus?

How do these things work? What to expect?

I'm new to this.

muzzled dogg
02-15-2012, 11:46 AM
we all are... ish

did you sign up on the link i sent you?

don't worry. we will plan

matt0611
02-15-2012, 12:02 PM
we all are... ish

did you sign up on the link i sent you?

don't worry. we will plan

Yep. I'm all signed up.

Cinderella
02-15-2012, 12:51 PM
You will know the RP people...everything is being planned. Check your local area for any Ron Paul meet ups!! They are happening across the state. Get to know local Ron Paul supporters because if you plan on running for a delegate slot you will need their votes. Become familiar with Roberts rules of order!!!! This should be our bible from now till the convention!! Be prepared to make a speech as well.

We still need people to help phone bank even after todays deadline.

Cinderella
02-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Also their are people running for state committee on march 6th, and some of these people are Ron Paul supporters! Find out if there is anyone in your area running because they will be the "super delegates" to the convention. David Kopacz is running in district 1 I believe..

sailingaway
02-15-2012, 01:10 PM
bump!

muzzled dogg
02-15-2012, 03:36 PM
I have recieved word all town halls across the state will stay open until 8 pm to allow people to change their party registration. You must go to your town hall (or city hall) to fill out a form in person to change registration.

GET OVER THERE NOW

sailingaway
02-15-2012, 04:48 PM
I have recieved word all town halls across the state will stay open until 8 pm to allow people to change their party registration. You must go to your town hall (or city hall) to fill out a form in person to change registration.

GET OVER THERE NOW

you heard him!!

J. W. Evans
02-15-2012, 05:05 PM
All set.
Just waiting on where the location of the caucuses, which probably won't be available until later.

Aratus
02-15-2012, 06:06 PM
at 8 pm my local town hall closes