PDA

View Full Version : HQ - please be active

bdillahu
11-12-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm kind of new here, but this political cycle have been following things a lot more closely than before. One thing I notice that Dr. Paul's campaign needs to do (in my opinion) is communicate more.

They have a nice web page... just update the "blog" more! It doesn't have to be much, but make it feel like something is happening. The "hard core" supporters will find something like this forum, but the average Joe will only look at their page.

This shouldn't really cost them anything... somebody puts up the releases they have now... just get busy :-)

It's not that I want the volunteer-ism to subside, but I want it "fed and supported" with more communication. I see calls for action here about signatures and whatever... why didn't I see anything about a drive on the official site?

I compare this to Obama's campaign, which I have been following closely (some of his points I really like, and if nothing else, he also has really motivated a mass of people)... their blog and RSS feeds constantly have new stories and clips and info. I know I can learn what is going in in just a minute without digging around.

Thoughts? Am I just way off base?

LibertyEagle
11-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Am I just way off base?

No, you are not. Keep in mind though, that we have far less money than Obama. With the recent fundraising, our campaign will be hiring a few more people, from what they said.

Welcome to the forums! :)

Ethek
11-12-2007, 09:32 AM
I agree, It would be cool to get some info on the campaign staff, areas of responsibility, email contacts and phone numbers.

LibertyEagle
11-12-2007, 09:35 AM
I agree, It would be cool to get some info on the campaign staff, areas of responsibility, email contacts and phone numbers.

Look here: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/

kylejack
11-12-2007, 09:36 AM
They're doing a bad job at several things, and this is one of them. All I can do is keep hoping that the new money will get them to wise up.

LibertyEagle
11-12-2007, 09:41 AM
One thing they are not at a lack for, is back seat drivers. :)

CelestialRender
11-12-2007, 09:41 AM
We've already conquered the internet. I'd rather they focus on IRL stuff, since this site, rpgraphs, dailypaul, etc will always be better than anything a central campaign COULD do.

Let's not be so hard on the campaign workers guys, we're all riding the same liberty train.

DrNoZone
11-12-2007, 09:43 AM
I agree...they should assign someone as campaign blogger.

kylejack
11-12-2007, 09:45 AM
I agree...they should assign someone as campaign blogger.
And have that same person update the calendar so that this forum doesn't have to tell me that there's a radio interview coming on.

rockwell
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
No, you are not. Keep in mind though, that we have far less money than Obama. With the recent fundraising, our campaign will be hiring a few more people, from what they said.

Welcome to the forums! :)

Volunteers don't cost anything. We have more than our share. We could have a "Blg-A-Day" post from supporters all over the country and it would not only make it fresher, it would consistently bring in more people. Hell, they could pull the "best post of the day" off of this website and capitalize on that. Something.

OP is right, the HQ needs to catch up to the movement, because right now it's lagging years behind.

It was kinda cute when Dr Paul told Sheiffer that he didn't have a computer until 1997, but there's NO excuse for the campaign to act that way.

werdd
11-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Ron writes us letters, its cool.

sandersondavis
11-12-2007, 10:19 AM

Well said.

constituent
11-12-2007, 10:23 AM
i try to update one site w/ the schedule and videos of his speeches/interviews as they come up.

if they could just do like an AP wire sorta thing, even half cryptic text-messages off of someone's blackberry, to help keep people more in tune w/ reality (and less guessing)... i think it sucks that people are so reactionary or whatever, and i see it as the official campaign's primary hindrance.

even a minor effort at minimal cost could do a world of good as far as easing tension and unnecessary interruptions down the line.

just a thought, doesn't really matter one way or the other.

Jodi
11-12-2007, 10:28 AM

So true LOL

DrNoZone
11-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Volunteers don't cost anything. We have more than our share. We could have a "Blg-A-Day" post from supporters all over the country and it would not only make it fresher, it would consistently bring in more people. Hell, they could pull the "best post of the day" off of this website and capitalize on that. Something.

Sure, but we are asking for HQ to blog about INSIDER info from the campaigns perspective, not from the grassroots perspective.

rockwell
11-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Well said.

One reason the current war in Iraq was doomed to failure- if that's even the right concept- was that the people on the top failed to listen to the men who were boots on the ground.

Criticism, good and bad, helps a wise person or organization to adjust it's course. The guy at the wheel doesn't see the shoals off to his right and so he has a "sounder" to let him know if he's about to run aground.

Did the HQ promote the Philly Rally the way it should have? At all? Was their any advertising dollars spent on what is refered to as a "battleground state"? If not, why not? Was 3-5 thousand better than 10-15K? Why?

These are legitimate critiques made for the betterment of the effort, not backseat driving and if we're headed down yet another "leave this to the professionals" campaign then we may as well hold onto our "backseat driver's money" too.

People are trying to sound warnings where adjustments need to be made, a wise campaign staff would be here daily to glean the best info, the best writers, the best volunteers and to focus their energies and talents in a productive manner, not making light of their failure and trying to reassure people that more of the same is as good as it gets.

rockwell
11-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Sure, but we are asking for HQ to blog about INSIDER info from the campaigns perspective, not from the grassroots perspective.

Then put one of "US" inside. Rotate it regionally, do an advance man inside perspective from each location he's scheduled to visit.

That way it stays fresh if the HQ is too busy, and it doesn't eat up their manpower.

Trying to think outside the box here.

Question_Authority
11-12-2007, 11:08 AM
One reason the current war in Iraq was doomed to failure- if that's even the right concept- was that the people on the top failed to listen to the men who were boots on the ground.

Criticism, good and bad, helps a wise person or organization to adjust it's course. The guy at the wheel doesn't see the shoals off to his right and so he has a "sounder" to let him know if he's about to run aground.

Did the HQ promote the Philly Rally the way it should have? At all? Was their any advertising dollars spent on what is refered to as a "battleground state"? If not, why not? Was 3-5 thousand better than 10-15K? Why?

These are legitimate critiques made for the betterment of the effort, not backseat driving and if we're headed down yet another "leave this to the professionals" campaign then we may as well hold onto our "backseat driver's money" too.

People are trying to sound warnings where adjustments need to be made, a wise campaign staff would be here daily to glean the best info, the best writers, the best volunteers and to focus their energies and talents in a productive manner, not making light of their failure and trying to reassure people that more of the same is as good as it gets.

Now THAT was well said. And is similar to things I have said many times over. The grassroots IS this campaign right now, yet the HQ often ignores our talents and ignores our feedback. (Case in point: when they "took over" the Philly rally they almost bungled it)

When people tell me "shut up, because the campaign knows what they are doing" it makes me feel the same way I felt when people said "shut up, the Bush administration knows what it is doing". Now, I am NOT comparing this campaign to the Bush admin, I am just telling you how I feel when people say that the grassroots should have no influence over the campaign. It's like saying the American people should have no influence over the Bush admin.

Anyway, keep in mind, folks, this campaign staff is headed by people that got Dr Paul elected 10 times...IN THE 14TH DISTRICT OF TEXAS. That is a world away from running a national presidential campaign.

This campaign would be NOWHERE without the grassroots. So, we need to be listened to.

Valene
11-12-2007, 11:21 AM
We have so many supporters with video equipment, I'm just wondering if it is possible to have a person on the street type vlog page. As supporters hand out slim jims film those that are honestly converted over to Dr Paul and get permission to put them on the page. They will have braggiing rights to tell their friends about to go look "I'm on the web", maybe converting over more people to the revolution. Just a thought.

wfd40
11-12-2007, 11:24 AM
should we even have to debate this... the campaign needs to step it up - spend all that money we gave them on top former dean staffers or anyone else out there who truly understands how to create synergies between our massively important work and theirs.

Period. End of discussion?

LibertyEagle
11-12-2007, 11:25 AM
We have so many supporters with video equipment, I'm just wondering if it is possible to have a person on the street type vlog page. As supporters hand out slim jims film those that are honestly converted over to Dr Paul and get permission to put them on the page. They will have braggiing rights to tell their friends about to go look "I'm on the web", maybe converting over more people to the revolution. Just a thought.

That's a cool idea.

bdillahu
11-12-2007, 11:31 AM

Yep, that's where I am. I don't know quite who the "backseat drivers" comment was aimed toward. I'm not trying to backseat drive, I'm asking for information.

Quite honestly, I'm a lot less likely to get involved in "physical" things at the request of a random posting on a message board that isn't even affiliated with the campaign. Now major events, moneybombs, etc. you can see enough movement and know that its not just one person shouting "the sky is falling", but with some of the signature requests, etc. I honestly don't know the people enough to know when one is important or not.

If the campaign said something "official" it would help sort it out.

Just my take.

coboman
11-12-2007, 12:21 PM
the campaign needs to step it up - spend all that money we gave them on top former dean staffers or anyone else out there who truly understands how to create synergies between our massively important work and theirs.

Exactly. And check the feedback in what they are doing.

Many of the ads they are running are lame, and many people that contributed feel their money is being wasted (check the comments on youTube).

They must listen to the great ideas about infomercials that are going around in this forum.

HQ is dropping the ball big time. It is one thing to step back and let us work, and another very different to ignore us.