PDA

View Full Version : States Seek Currencies Made of Silver & Gold: CNNMoney

TooBigTooFail
02-03-2012, 10:09 AM
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- A growing number of states are seeking shiny new currencies made of silver and gold.

Worried that the Federal Reserve and the U.S. dollar are on the brink of collapse, lawmakers from 13 states, including Minnesota, Tennessee, Iowa, South Carolina and Georgia, are seeking approval from their state governments to either issue their own alternative currency or explore it as an option. Just three years ago, only three states had similar proposals in place.

"In the event of hyperinflation, depression, or other economic calamity related to the breakdown of the Federal Reserve System ... the State's governmental finances and private economy will be thrown into chaos," said North Carolina Republican Representative Glen Bradley in a currency bill he introduced last year.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/03/pf/states_currencies/index.htm?source=cnn_bin

TooBigTooFail
02-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Ron Paul's Greatest Interview - Gold & Silver With Mike Maloney

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3SOlXxUBLk&feature=pyv

TooBigTooFail
02-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Silver Kills Cancer

Silver can kill some cancers as effectively as chemotherapy and with potentially fewer side effects, new research claims.

Scientists say that old wives tales about the precious metal being a ‘silver bullet’ to beat the Big C could be true.

The metal already has a wide range of medicinal uses and is a common antiseptic, antibiotic and means of purifying water in the third world.

And British researchers now say that silver compounds are as effective at killing certain cancer cells as a leading chemotherapy drug, but with potentially far fewer side-effects.

They compared it to Cisplatin, currently used to treat a wide variety of cancers, but known to have harsh side effects including nausea, vomiting and even kidney damage

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2095610/Silver-bullet-cancer-Metal-kill-tumours-better-chemotherapy-fewer-effects.html#ixzz1lMpQipMn

CJLauderdale4
02-03-2012, 06:26 PM
"No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;..."

TooBigTooFail
02-03-2012, 06:30 PM
make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;..."
Gold removes toxins to boost immunity power. Silver activates neurons to enhance memory and concentration.

5000 years old marvel of science is now in your hands. In ancient times the practice of having gold & silver for health was a well-kept secret, known only to kings and emperors.

The company says "Take Himani Sona and Chandi Chyawanprash everyday for a strong body and razor sharp mind."

This advertisement is appearing in leading Indian newspapers and TV advertisments but some useless bollywood star is promoting this product so I think sales are less.

Ordinary Indian people ahve 30,000 Tons of Gold. Silver coins in India have God's image on them and India is God's land.

This is posted on product "Himani Sona and Chandi Chyawanprash"

Read Gold Challenge

Himani Sona and Chandi Chyawanprash contains real gold. Anyone who proves otherwise following the test methodology laid down by the company, would get 1 Kg of real gold.

What is going on in India?????

ThePiousPriest
02-03-2012, 06:43 PM
As much crap as I give my home state, Coin and Bullion are exempt from state sales tax and some bills at a bank can now be paid with bullion that is a form of recognized currency. South Carolina may be stupid enough to vote for Gingrich, but they are smart enough to see that the dollar is soon to belly up.

nano1895
02-03-2012, 06:43 PM
"No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;..."

Understand the reasoning behind that, but what if they could? 50 states granting 50 letters of Marque and Reprisal to go after Bin Laden, WHICH STATE BRINGS HOME THE BACON?

:p

Tod
02-03-2012, 06:46 PM

Doesn't the above bold mean that states don't have the authority to issue money; that only the feds do?

raider4paul
02-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Doesn't the above bold mean that states don't have the authority to issue money; that only the feds do?

I was just about to point this out. Quite unfortunate...

Mark37snj
02-03-2012, 08:14 PM

I was just about to point this out. Quite unfortunate...

It means you can't coin money that does not contain gold or silver, like say containing Nikel or copper but does not contain gold or silver. Not sure about the purity requirement though. The value of the coin will probably be based on the amount of gold and silver content.

Dr.3D
02-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Gold removes toxins to boost immunity power. Silver activates neurons to enhance memory and concentration.

5000 years old marvel of science is now in your hands. In ancient times the practice of having gold & silver for health was a well-kept secret, known only to kings and emperors.

The company says "Take Himani Sona and Chandi Chyawanprash everyday for a strong body and razor sharp mind."

This advertisement is appearing in leading Indian newspapers and TV advertisments but some useless bollywood star is promoting this product so I think sales are less.

Ordinary Indian people ahve 30,000 Tons of Gold. Silver coins in India have God's image on them and India is God's land.

This is posted on product "Himani Sona and Chandi Chyawanprash"

Read Gold Challenge

Himani Sona and Chandi Chyawanprash contains real gold. Anyone who proves otherwise following the test methodology laid down by the company, would get 1 Kg of real gold.

What is going on in India?????

I remember reading stories about putting a silver dollar in the bottom of the milk cans to keep the milk from going bad too fast.

Narmical
02-03-2012, 08:37 PM
In the early United States, Spanish gold and silver coins were in circulation. I believe the intent of "make any thing but gold and silver legal tender" was to allow that practice to continue. I also believe the "coin money; emit bills of credit" was to prevent the states from making there own coins (for whatever reason) or from issuing fiat money (which they did under the articles of confederation). We all know how bad fiat money is. So did the founders, they had just experienced hyperinflation of the continental dollar.

GeorgiaAvenger
02-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Does anyone have any details on the GA version?

acptulsa
02-03-2012, 08:43 PM
I do believe this is Fire11's best thread yet.

A colloidal silver thread is his best thread yet. I believe I just damned you with faint praise, here, Fire ol' buddy.

Does anyone have any details on the GA version?

Don't be too sure there is one. OP isn't exactly reliable...