PDA

View Full Version : February 3rd caucuses

ChrisDixon
02-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Pray for us here in Maine. Things are starting to pick up! :)

http://www.mainegop.com/2012/01/maine-g-o-p-2012-caucus-information/

FEBRUARY 3RD, 2012:

AROOSTOOK COUNTY NORTH CAUCUS
7:00 P.M. (Snow Date February 10th)
Fort Kent Town Office
Participating Towns:
Allagash, Clayton Lake, Cross Lake TWP, Cyr PLT,
Daigle, Eagle Lake, Fort Kent, Fort Kent Mills,
Frenchville, Grand Isle, Guerrette, Hamlin, Lille,
Madawaska, Madawaska Lake TWP, New Canada, New
Sweden, Plaisted, Quimby, Sinclair, Soldier Pond, St.
Agatha, St. David, St. Francis, St. John PLT, Stockholm,
Upper Frenchville, Van Buren, Wallagrass,
Westmanland, Winterville PLT

OXFORD COUNTY SOUTH PARIS CONSOLIDATED CAUCUS
February 3rd, 7:00 P.M.
South Paris Fire Station

Buckfield
Glen Holmes
February 3rd, 7:00PM
S. Paris Fire Station

Greenwood
Loretta Mikols
S. Paris Fire Station

Hartford
Neil Hanley
S. Paris Fire Station

Hebron
Richard Deans
February 3rd 7:00PM
S. Paris Fire Station

Norway
Pete Connell
S. Paris Fire Station

Otisfield
Steve Hildebrand
S. Paris Fire Station

Oxford
Kathleen Rhoten
S. Paris Fire Station

Paris
Al Barth
S. Paris Fire Station

Waterford
Carlene Trembley
S. Paris Fire Station

West Paris
Jerrold Mason
S. Paris Fire Station

RonPaul101.com
02-03-2012, 09:43 AM
You guys in Maine are very much in our thoughts and prayers.

lib3rtarian
02-03-2012, 12:16 PM
ChrisDixon (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?27528-ChrisDixon), the only good news I have been getting the past few days are your posts. Please win Maine for us.

Badger Paul
02-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Won the Aroostook four years ago.

CTRattlesnake
02-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Won the Aroostook four years ago.

Yeah, hopefully we continue to do well up there

jllundqu
02-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Don't let us down, MAINE!

Indy Vidual
02-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Is part of Maine also tomorrow? It was listed as the 4th here at RPF's.

HarryBrowneLives
02-03-2012, 03:37 PM
those who caucus report back the votes!!!!!!!!

evilfunnystuff
02-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Is part of Maine also tomorrow? It was listed as the 4th here at RPF's.

They run all week, each county schedules theirs when it's convenient for them, On the 11th they announce the results

losinglife
02-03-2012, 05:19 PM
GO GO MAINE!

libertythor
02-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Results?

seawolf
02-03-2012, 11:47 PM
The very best of luck to all of the Ron Paul Supporters in Maine and thank you for all of your hard work to GOTV for Ron.

ChrisDixon
02-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Haven't heard anything specific on results yet, but I'm hearing generally positive reports. I'll keep you guys posted on what I hear.

Keep the faith, we're doing well up here in Maine.

BrittanySligar
02-04-2012, 12:53 AM
Haven't heard anything specific on results yet, but I'm hearing generally positive reports. I'll keep you guys posted on what I hear.

Keep the faith, we're doing well up here in Maine.

bump!

CTRattlesnake
02-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Bump for Maine results

sailingaway
02-04-2012, 10:22 AM
The very best of luck to all of the Ron Paul Supporters in Maine and thank you for all of your hard work to GOTV for Ron.
+1776

RufusTDoofus
02-05-2012, 09:11 AM
The results for Maine won't be announced until Saturday the 11th. The State Party Chairmain has asked that no individual caucus results be released prior to the "official" announcement.

FWIW, I anticipate some State Convention delegate shenanigans to ensue from the Somerset County Caucuses that were held yesterday. There's no such thing as a "county" caucus in Maine. Caucuses are based on the town you live in. A county caucus is essentially a party rally that happens at a school or large facility followed by each town splitting into their own sub-groups and handling their own votes and delegate selection process.

There was a new twist at the yesterday's caucus. The Somerset County chairperson declared that it was within her individual authority to declare a town's caucus void if no town clerk was present from that community to verify a voter's registration status. So if you live in Some Town Name, Somerset County, ME and your town clerk was not present to authenticate your party enrollment it's likely that the caucus results for your town will be declared void by the County Chair. The Chairperson then can call for a new caucus to be held at their sole discretion. I overheard a conversation between one of our County Commissioners and a prominent local lawyer on the legality of this new development. The lawyer stated that if the caucus rules indeed include such a provision that it would be legal, but the timing of the rule change could potentially be problematic. It was not in effect for prior caucuses and most towns only require their Town Clerk to work municipal elections within their town.

So it will be interesting to see how this works out. I expect some shenanigans are going on behind the scenes which is part of the reason they have requested us not to release our individual town caucus results.

BTW, I am our town's Chairperson and my wife is the Delegate Chair.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-05-2012, 01:29 PM
The results for Maine won't be announced until Saturday the 11th. The State Party Chairmain has asked that no individual caucus results be released prior to the "official" announcement.

FWIW, I anticipate some State Convention delegate shenanigans to ensue from the Somerset County Caucuses that were held yesterday. There's no such thing as a "county" caucus in Maine. Caucuses are based on the town you live in. A county caucus is essentially a party rally that happens at a school or large facility followed by each town splitting into their own sub-groups and handling their own votes and delegate selection process.

There was a new twist at the yesterday's caucus. The Somerset County chairperson declared that it was within her individual authority to declare a town's caucus void if no town clerk was present from that community to verify a voter's registration status. So if you live in Some Town Name, Somerset County, ME and your town clerk was not present to authenticate your party enrollment it's likely that the caucus results for your town will be declared void by the County Chair. The Chairperson then can call for a new caucus to be held at their sole discretion. I overheard a conversation between one of our County Commissioners and a prominent local lawyer on the legality of this new development. The lawyer stated that if the caucus rules indeed include such a provision that it would be legal, but the timing of the rule change could potentially be problematic. It was not in effect for prior caucuses and most towns only require their Town Clerk to work municipal elections within their town.

So it will be interesting to see how this works out. I expect some shenanigans are going on behind the scenes which is part of the reason they have requested us not to release our individual town caucus results.

What a joke. Why even have elections, just let the establishment choose your lord and master for you. The laws are rigged against independents and third parties and make it nearly impossible if not so for anything outside the duopoly to exist / be successful. Similarly, the Corporate Media plays the Red-Blue dialectic to play the serfs against each other while the ruling elite loots, plunders, and controls them (which own the Corporate Media that gets special privileges and immunities from the State). On top of that you have rigged and decidedly corrupt practices concerning (P)arty voting so it's like you get hit two, three, or four times which makes it that much more difficult for anyone other than establishment buffoons to get elected.

Then people have the audacity and say nothing is wrong. There is no problem. No problem my ass. Your average Banana Republic is not as bad as this bullshit.

juvanya
02-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Ive heard weve alot of infrastructurial support, so this shouldnt be a major issue. And LePage effectively endorsed, so be vigilant but dont worry.

juvanya
02-06-2012, 07:24 PM
What a joke. Why even have elections, just let the establishment choose your lord and master for you. The laws are rigged against independents and third parties and make it nearly impossible if not so for anything outside the duopoly to exist / be successful. Similarly, the Corporate Media plays the Red-Blue dialectic to play the serfs against each other while the ruling elite loots, plunders, and controls them (which own the Corporate Media that gets special privileges and immunities from the State). On top of that you have rigged and decidedly corrupt practices concerning (P)arty voting so it's like you get hit two, three, or four times which makes it that much more difficult for anyone other than establishment buffoons to get elected.
What Were Up Against (http://harrybrowne.org/2000/WhatWe%27reUpAgainst.htm)...

Then people have the audacity and say nothing is wrong. There is no problem. No problem my ass. Your average Banana Republic is not as bad as this bullshit.
At least theyre honest liars.

RufusTDoofus
02-11-2012, 06:45 PM
FWIW, our votes were not counted in New Portland. The official press release from the State Party has zeros across the board. Shenanigans. What a joke.

RufusTDoofus
02-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Sorry to be a broken record but here's a newpaper opinion piece (http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2457&dat=20080111&id=Cro8AAAAIBAJ&sjid=-C0MAAAAIBAJ&pg=3870,2527839) written by our Somerset County Chairperson in 2008 supporting Romney. "Romney, not Huckabee" from Dena Worster, Palmyra.