PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's rising fame.

Kandilynn
05-17-2007, 11:16 PM
I was watching Conan O'Brian and he was doing "who would play the candidates in a tv movie?" He mentioned the three front runners, Ron Paul, Mike Huckabee, and two people who aren't yet in the race, and Brit Hume, and Bush.

I thought it was funny and interesting that Paul got a mention at all.

By the way, he said that Ron Paul would be played by Star Wars Grand moff Tarkin, Giuliani would be played by the Green Goblin, Bush by Patrick from Sponge Bob, Romney by any tv weatherman, Mike Huckabee by Gomer Pyle, Newt Gingrich by Dame Judi Dench, the current New York City mayor by a galapagos land tortoise, and I can't remember the rest.

Is it just me, or is Ron Paul getting more random mentions now?

Anne
05-17-2007, 11:20 PM
It seems like every time I turn on the tv since the last debate his name is mentioned.

I firmly believe it's true that all publicity is good publicity. Even if some dummy on a show makes fun of him, millions of people are going to hear his name and a certain percentage of those people will Google him and find out that he's a really cool guy who they might want to vote for.

Being mentioned on Conan is GREAT!

winston_blade
05-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah he is, and it's the best thing that could happen to his campaign.

Michael Wilson
I hear every random Ron Paul quote. I was disappointed though because I came in to work and people said that they had heard on the news that Guilani had owned Paul at the debates, and I had to set them straight.

Anne
I'd also add that name recognition is THE most important thing. If they don't know your name you're dead in the water. Ron Paul is becoming a household name thanks to the last debate and the skirmish with Giuliani.

Thanks, Rudy!!

MsDoodahs
05-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Unintended consequences.

Part of the reason the GOP is in FREAK OUT mode, as evidenced by Hannity, the shrill shill.

:D

vertesc
05-18-2007, 01:03 AM
I gotta say, that's a pretty funny bit for Conan. I actually laughed out loud!

mdh
05-18-2007, 07:21 AM
I hear every random Ron Paul quote. I was disappointed though because I came in to work and people said that they had heard on the news that Guilani had owned Paul at the debates, and I had to set them straight.

Michael, don't forget this opinion poll regarding who *Fox News Viewers* feel won the debate. Paul trounced Giuliani, and came in a very close second to Romney!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,272493,00.html

I've got it linked to from www.ronpaul.name