PDA

View Full Version : McCain Broke

rrt82
11-12-2007, 08:34 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/09/politics/main3482126.shtml

So, the campaign is broke and needs to take a $3,000,000 loan to cover expenses, and very soon too. If this guy can't run an efficient campaign, how the heck is he going to run a country?

Also I cringed when I read in the article he was going to take public funds for the election. No real conservative would ever take taxpayer money and use it to run a campaign.

FreedomProsperityPeace
11-12-2007, 08:49 AM
I wish he'd just drop out. The writing was on the wall a while ago.

Ron Paul Fan
11-12-2007, 08:53 AM
It looks like Brownback's endorsement gave him a much needed boost.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CelestialRender
11-12-2007, 09:18 AM
I kind of like McCain's style personally, but yeah his campaign is going down in flames.

I predict he'll drop after Huckabee and Paul both beat him in the primaries.

Conza88
11-12-2007, 09:19 AM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lmao!:D

werdd
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
if you dont have the money, borrow and print it. Just like the current administration.

kylejack
11-12-2007, 09:48 AM
The guy is spending like a drunken sailor!

winston_blade
11-12-2007, 10:08 AM
The guy is spending like a drunken sailor!

But that's an insult to drunken sailors!

BIG_J
11-12-2007, 11:01 AM
McCain - Dude. Mail it in. It was a good run until your entire staff quit on you. However, you and I would have to agree that it just isn't going anywhere. Pack it up, head back to AZ.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-12-2007, 11:03 AM
McCain is a disgrace. It's hard to just respect the guy after this

Jodi
11-12-2007, 11:10 AM
He's out, the press was keeping him alive. I think the press has dumped him in favor of Huck.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Well, it's good he's splitting the neocon vote. He took money from lobbyists, so we all know he will owe them favors if elected!!

BIG_J
11-12-2007, 11:12 AM
If there are 7 dudes splitting the neocon vote; how much do you think RP needs to win here?

Badger Paul
11-12-2007, 11:34 AM
I wonder what he put up as collateral since his loaded wife's money is reportedly off-limits.

Hell, Kerry put ups house to get such a loan three years ago. It saved his camapaign.

Seanmc30
11-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Mr. McCain,

It has been a good run and a lot of fun, especially with Jon Stewart. It might be time, however, to bow out and accept the fact that the country feels you are an invaluable part of the Senate.

Before you go....don't forget to endorse Ron Paul.

McC

Original_Intent
11-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Don't bow out until after Super Duper Tuesday!

Mark
11-12-2007, 12:17 PM

He's a traitor to the other POWs

Brent H
11-12-2007, 12:21 PM
There is an obvious fact that seems to be lost on some people. No single candidate is going to have enough delegates to win the nomination outright at the convention, because the pro-war vote is split among too many candidates.

It is in our best interest to have the pro-war support highly fragmented. In the event that it appears McCain will drop out of the race, it would make sense for "us" to pose as his supporters, and start calling McCain's campaign HQ to urge him to stay in the race.

Goldwater Conservative
11-12-2007, 12:31 PM
I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I'd rather McCain and Thompson to the current top two. Shame, but the more he goes down the better our chances of peeling off independents in NH who like McCain for his honesty and integrity more than anything else, including the war. Plus, I think he's our only competitor in military donations.

RevolutionSD
11-12-2007, 12:33 PM
He's clearly power-hungry and will do anything to gain that power over US, the people. He's a disgrace.

Original_Intent
11-12-2007, 12:34 PM
The only people I see as being helpful for them to leave right now is:

Alan Keyes - he is irrelevant to the point that it wouldn't matter who his supporters went to. He does not split the vote and is a distraction only.

Tancredo - becoming more irrelevant and is getting no press, and I think a good chance his supporters come our way.

Huckabee - I know he isn't leaving and although he helps us by splitting the pro-war neo-con vote, I think he hurts us more by giving the evangelicals a "principled" choice over Giuliani and Romney. If he left I think we would split his supporters with Thompson, and I think more would come our way.

I think the rest of the pack we gain more with them in the race than out.

seapilot
11-12-2007, 03:44 PM
I liked McCain the best in 2000. Even back then I thought Bush was a spoiled rich kid that got where he is on his daddys coattails. Partys love name recognition and dont like independent minded candidates that they cant control, hench McCain Lost. Then he embarrased himself and backed bush after bush talked a bunch of BS about him, thats when McCain started to go downhill. I bet if he had the courage to tell BUSH to go to hell back in 2000 he would have won in a primary against him in 2004. Its sad but McCain couldve done it, but now he should just retire. If it wasnt for the war issue Id bet he would endorse Dr. Paul as he already has calling him the most Honest person in Congress.

rodent
11-12-2007, 03:45 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rofl. I'm just imagining that you have an evil laugh.

rodent
11-12-2007, 03:46 PM
I liked McCain the best in 2000. Even back then I thought Bush was a spoiled rich kid that got where he is on his daddys coattails. Partys love name recognition and dont like independent minded candidates that they cant control, hench McCain Lost. Then he embarrased himself and backed bush after bush talked a bunch of BS about him, thats when McCain started to go downhill. I bet if he had the courage to tell BUSH to go to hell back in 2000 he would have won in a primary against him in 2004. Its sad but McCain couldve done it, but now he should just retire. If it wasnt for the war issue Id bet he would endorse Dr. Paul as he already has calling him the most Honest person in Congress.

No way man. McCain went down hill when he became the amnesty traitor. I almost considered the guy early on, but when he voted for amnesty that was it. He was on my shunned list.

reaver
11-12-2007, 03:50 PM
Amnesty- the reason McCain gets MSM support but little public support.

devil21
11-12-2007, 03:56 PM
I think there should be limits on how many times someone can run for president. If you can serve only two terms you should be able to run for president only twice. When will he figure out that he isn't electable?

ItsTime
11-12-2007, 04:41 PM
well he is third in the polls guys. Everyone knows he has supporters... I guess they are just not as rich as Ron Paul spammers..

Wyurm
11-12-2007, 05:03 PM
well he is third in the polls guys. Everyone knows he has supporters... I guess they are just not as rich as Ron Paul spammers..

Actually, he was raking in the money, sadly he was doing this alot slower than he was spending it. Its like I've said of both Romney and McCain, if they can't manage their campaign money, how can they possibly run the Executive branch?

ItsTime
11-12-2007, 05:04 PM
have any links stating how much he has raked in? Is it more than the mere 6 million he reported last Q?

Actually, he was raking in the money, sadly he was doing this alot slower than he was spending it. Its like I've said of both Romney and McCain, if they can't manage their campaign money, how can they possibly run the Executive branch?

rodent
11-12-2007, 05:06 PM
I think there should be limits on how many times someone can run for president. If you can serve only two terms you should be able to run for president only twice. When will he figure out that he isn't electable?

That's what gets me about McCain. The guy is doing it for his ego.

McCain doesn't give two craps about this country, and he abuses that veteran status. Yeah, he was a POW; however, that's no reason for him to piss away sovereignty and sell your his for amnesty. People become politicians and turn their back on regular people. This is why McCain is despicable and I've defected from being a supporter of his.

Ncturnal
11-12-2007, 05:29 PM

There is a limit on how many times you can run. $$ McCain is running into that limit now.

LibertyOfOne
11-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Mr. McCain,

It has been a good run and a lot of fun, especially with Jon Stewart. It might be time, however, to bow out and accept the fact that the country feels you are an invaluable part of the Senate.

Before you go....don't forget to endorse Ron Paul.

McC

He would never endorse Paul. He called Paul and his supporters crazy.

Ron Paul in 2008
11-12-2007, 05:45 PM
If there are 7 dudes splitting the neocon vote; how much do you think RP needs to win here?

Exactly. The media backed prima donnas are our best allies. The longer they stay in the race the better. The only person that I think we can benefit from dropping out is Tancredo. It will consolidate the Hunter Tancredo vote and we will definitely be able to pick up some of Tancredo's support. There will also be one less person for the uninformed people to learn about and more room in the debates for Ron Paul.

Midnight77
11-12-2007, 08:27 PM
How in the Hell did McCain think he would ever win by being Pro War? The American people have had enough.

Now, we just have to cut through the Bullshit from the other candidates.

Hillary Clinton has been exposed in taking Campaign money from Rupert Murdoch and News Corp Execs. FOX really doesn't care if it's Clinton or Giuliani in the White House, as they'll both do the same thing, and that's why they only talk about these 2 candidates on their broadcasts.

Google this.

derdy
11-12-2007, 08:53 PM

They need to amend the Constitution so we don't have career politicians in the House. They founders set the vote at 2 years to balance that out with the Senate, but if they saw these panzies up in the House, living off the people, pandering to corporations, they'd set a term limit in my opinion.

At least that way it forces people to look to fresh faces and thus new ideas.

Oh yea, I don't care for McCain at all.

xRedfoxx
11-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Using my favorite slogan for Romney, McCain is a boob.

nexus7
11-13-2007, 12:32 AM
McCain has become the biggest sellout to this country by voting and sponsoring for illegals on many issues, then finally the pro amnesty bill he voted on. I was tired of him 7 years ago and he should have retired long ago.

SovereignMN
11-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Like others have said, I hope McCain stays in the race a long time. Heck, why stop at $3M. Get a $5M line of credit.

Syren123
11-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I wonder what he put up as collateral since his loaded wife's money is reportedly off-limits.

Apparently not entirely off limits.
Here is his daughter's blog from the campaign trail. Any plane you see them on is his wife's.

http://mccainblogette.com/

CelestialRender
11-13-2007, 04:50 PM
More candidates is better for us.

Except possibly Tancredo, as stated above. His anti-immigration crowd (or at least some of it) might get behind RP if he drops, since RP would have a stronger border defense than anyone else.