PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Piers Morgan Friday night for FULL HOUR

Pages : 1 [2]

donnay
02-03-2012, 08:54 PM
*SIGH* I really cannot stand that British Tabloid King. His interview was so...words fail me. :rolleyes:

Paulistinian
02-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Ron going on Piers was way better... Hannity is non stop Iran in his forum.

bluesc
He's gotten some good lines in. Ron looks good. I think Ron should probably go on Hannity too.

Ron needs to get out there and reiterate his feelings on Iran and EXPLAIN to the brainwashed why they are wrong, and what their chest thumping will mean to their wallet.

He would buy into a philosophical argument and scare people away. He needs to avoid the Iran issue.

RonPaulRules
Whats Piers twitter

JWRIDDLER
Giants or Pats....wow

carterm
they did some really awful edits there too

sailingaway
02-03-2012, 08:56 PM
What?! Did Paul get a chance to correct him?!?!?

He said he was NOT a participant, very sharply, but a very casual observer, a student observer walking in and out of a room then thinking 'what did I just see?'

tuggy24g
I missed more then half of the interview, but I think it is better then a debate/forum thing on fox news. Ron Paul got to talk about his views and what he believes. Ron Paul got to get message out without someone arguing with him. I think it was good and should help him out!

pauliticalfan
Looks like Piers erased his false tweet. Took him long enough...

mac_hine
I'm getting caught up on the interview. I'm noticing a lot of editing. Ron was beginning to discuss letters or marque and reprisal and was abruptly cut off. Next hes talking about WW2. I wonder if they do this purposely.

Tod
02-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Piers was quick to switch topics and it looked like Paul thought he was being a little too quick, but I thought Paul answered everything pretty darn well. Could have, should have pointed out that conception takes a while to happen..

donnay
Whats Piers twitter

*Peirsisatwit

MrGoose
Not during the Republican primaries when you're being completely ignored by the Republican media.Why are you being so negative... I thought the interview was fine. A one hour interview all about Paul or a time slot split between 4 candidates.

ghengis86
I'm getting caught up on the interview. I'm noticing a lot of editing. Ron was beginning to discuss letters or marque and reprisal and was abruptly cut off. Next hes talking about WW2. I wonder if they do this purposely.

i wonder when they don't do it

oilboiler
Lot of screwball questions, obviously trying to trip him up, but Ron handled them perfectly. The voice of reason.

MsDoodahs
I thought it was excellent.

And now that I've seen a Morgan show, I totally understand why his ratings suck, lol....

Diashi
I liked the interview. Good, challenging questions. It was obvious Piers was short on time, but to give Paul 40 minutes (considering commercials) is fantastic. Paul made a few statements that I thought cold be spun easily. One, to paraphrase: "Why don't the british send their kids to die? (referring to protecting Israel). We should send some thanks to Piers for giving a fair interview, despite his obvious disagreements with Paul on issues like socialized healthcare, bailouts and what else.

sailingaway
02-03-2012, 08:58 PM
of course they show the shittiest poll for NV

No one in Nevada was watching this. Maine, maybe. That is where the medicare thing and not explaining how his program works can hurt.

zHorns
I thought it was a decent interview. It was interesting hearing about Paul's personal life, since it's not often asked.

Stop being so negative.

JWRIDDLER
Awful interview on P. Morgan part. Whats the point of having an interview if all you do is interrupt and ask another question while your guest is right in the middle of answering your original question?! Must be a British thing...or just a neo-con/lib thing...

bluesc
Why are you being so negative... I thought the interview was fine. A one hour interview all about Paul or a time slot split between 4 candidates.

Because it was on a show on CNN that is watched by Democrats who do not vote in Republican primaries.

sailingaway
I liked the interview. Good, challenging questions. It was obvious Piers was short on time, but to give Paul 40 minutes (considering commercials) is fantastic. Paul made a few statements that I thought cold be spun easily. One, to paraphrase: "Why don't the british send their kids to die? (referring to protecting Israel). We should send some thanks to Piers for giving a fair interview, despite his obvious disagreements with Paul on issues like socialized healthcare, bailouts and what else.

that was not remotely a fair interview.

Giuliani was there on 911
02-03-2012, 08:59 PM
I wish Ron would go on Hannity and be aggressive and confrontational with him. I'm sure everyone's seen the video of him on Mort's in 1988. He's a completely different person now. 1988 Ron Paul would probably be leading in the polls today.

MsDoodahs
02-03-2012, 08:59 PM
*Peirsisatwit

lol....

That is a good one!

And true, too!

Orgoonian
02-03-2012, 09:00 PM
I thought it was excellent.

And now that I've seen a Morgan show, I totally understand why his ratings suck, lol....

People at the pub couldn't wait to turn on Maddow after the interview was over lol.

Nate-ForLiberty
Conception does not occur automatically. It can take as many as 5 days to conceive.

That little point needs to be emphasized.

pauliticalfan
"Ron Paul will not win" reference? Check.
False tweet from Piers Morgan about abortion beforehand? Check.
Old poll showing the worst possible result? Check.
Constant interruptions and gotcha questions? Check.
Heavy editing? Check.

This was not a good interview. Paul saying he's neutral on gay marriage, defending Achmadinejad, and saying he's on the side of Occupy Wall Street, while legitimate arguments, are not how you win a Republican Primary. I love Ron because he's a horrible politician, but there's unfortunately a price to pay that goes along with that.

Oh, and Ron's line about criminals was brilliant.

JoshS
02-03-2012, 09:02 PM
I wish Ron would go on Hannity and be aggressive and confrontational with him. I'm sure everyone's seen the video of him on Mort's in 1988. He's a completely different person now. 1988 Ron Paul would probably be leading in the polls today.

Really?

Check the '88 polls.

MrGoose
02-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Because it was on a show on CNN that is watched by Democrats who do not vote in Republican primaries.And Hannitys usual viewers would consider voting for him after being on his show for 10 minutes?

Muwahid
02-03-2012, 09:03 PM

I think that's a shouting match he'd lose, remember its not the substance, but how loud you can yell.

Plus Hannity and his bozos would spend hours analyzing why "ron paul is crazy"

bluesc
02-03-2012, 09:03 PM
And Hannitys usual viewers would consider voting for him after being on his show for 10 minutes?

They wouldn't assume that he has dropped out.

affa
02-03-2012, 09:05 PM
what state are you in? I hope they aren't running that in Maine or Minnesota....

i'm in Oregon. It was part of the show.

MrGoose
02-03-2012, 09:06 PM
They wouldn't assume that he has dropped out.Whateves... In my personal opinion Piers over Hannity was a good choice.

PaleoPaul
Really?

Check the '88 polls.
Um, he was running third party, remember? ;)

Really?

Check the '88 polls.
well he did run as a libertarian back then. You don't think if you went back in time to 1988 and transported 88 Paul to 2012 that he wouldn't be doing better ?

WD-NY
That little point needs to be emphasized.

shouldn't the guy who's delivered 4,000+ babies make this point (rather than us, after the fact)?

Cyberbrain
Summary of interview:

Morgan: "He won't be your next president, here's Ron Paul!"

Morgan: Do you care about poor people?
Paul: Well it's a complex situation involving currency manipulation and- *edit*

Morgan: Would you let uninsured people die?
Paul: I was a doctor, and when I practiced I never- *edit*

Morgan: If your daughter was raped would you be a heartless asshole?
Paul: Now wait, i think- *edit*

Morgan: Thank you for coming on.

bluesc
02-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Whateves... In my personal opinion Piers over Hannity was a good choice.

No it wasn't.

02-03-2012, 09:09 PM
I think that's a shouting match he'd lose, remember its not the substance, but how loud you can yell.

Plus Hannity and his bozos would spend hours analyzing why "ron paul is crazy"

maybe. But I have seen Hannity lose shouting matches against smarter people before.

Yelling > logic

Logic + yelling > yelling

sailingaway
Summary of interview:

that pretty much sums it up...

LisaNY
Summary of interview:

lol that sums it up pretty good :0

JoshS
well he did run as a libertarian back then. You don't think if you went back in time to 1988 and transported 88 Paul to 2012 that he wouldn't be doing better ?

No because I don't think he'd be in the same position that mellow, peaceful Ron has obtained. He wouldn't have been on multiple boards and wouldn't have garnered as much spot light. If he could bring out that attitude now, since he's already a well-established candidate, yes he'd benefit from being aggressive.

pacelli
guys relax. Nobody watches Piers Morgan.

That's a shame because the night before Nevada I'd want prime time viewership.

Warmon
02-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Not a great interview because he was cutoff to frequently, but that line about sending British kids off to die was absolute brilliance! The other positive was there is no mistaking that he is a genuine regular person like us and not a typical politician.

affa
02-03-2012, 09:12 PM
It's chopped because Piers keeps cutting him off and changing subjects

Yes, Piers is doing that, but they are also editing the conversation. They are very good at seamless editing of dialog, but any time there is a 'sentence break' and then they switch the camera, it's quite possible that dialog hit the cutting room floor. This easiest to achieve by cutting Ron's answer short at the end of a sentence and cutting to Piers asking the next question. There are several places where the editing seemed particularly egregious. 60 Minutes style shows do this sort of editing all the time. In fact, shows have been busted for refilming questions asked slightly differently for effect (for example, asking a question aggressively to get an aggressive answer, then editing in the question asked politely so the interviewee looks crazy).

And then, yes, Piers is interrupting him on top of this.

That said, I really enjoyed the interview.

LisaNY
02-03-2012, 09:12 PM
^yes, and I'm glad he didn't say anything stupid like rape victims should "make lemonade out of lemons" or that a pregnancy resulting from a rape is a "gift from god".

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
02-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Summary of interview:

+reps for the summary. It's what it felt like watching it.

Wolfgang Bohringer
02-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Ron going on Piers was way better... Hannity is non stop Iran in his forum.

Ron could have pounded them with non-stop facts proving that they're all a bunch of sissy bullies who lie like little girls to frighten Boobus Americanus.

Ron's got to go down into the most sinful pit in Babylon if he's going to run for president of the defunct Babylonian Republic.

kill the banks
02-03-2012, 09:14 PM
this reruns at 12am et and 3am / 5am et ... might get a few late nighters watching ... thought the idea he was not a pacifist got through ... generally a good look at a good man

pauliticalfan
02-03-2012, 09:15 PM
I hope our Nevada people are pumped after seeing this interview and turn out in big numbers tomorrow to prove this British fool wrong.

affa
02-03-2012, 09:15 PM
I hope that 'let the british kids go over and die' comment doesn't blow back.

I thought it was the most powerful point of the night. The media will NOT blowback on that, because it's a truth bomb.

It's the first time some people will think "Why are we the ones who have to send our kids to die?"

affa
02-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Correct.

The "antiwar left" didn't really exist.

It was simply a way to go after Bush.

This is simply untrue. You might be right about politicians, but here in a city like Portland, I guarantee there is still a massive 'antiwar left' that are incredibly unhappy with Obama.

ericthethe
02-03-2012, 09:18 PM
They should've done the interview live to avoid the editing.

pauliticalfan
I'll admit, when I first heard him say "let the British kids die" I was a bit shocked, but then when I realized the point he was making, and the context of Piers being British, I realized its brilliance.

KingNothing
I hope that 'let the british kids go over and die' comment doesn't blow back.

It will be overwhelmingly positive in independent and moderate republican circles.

A friend of mine once said "all I care about in a candidate is that he sticks up for guns, babies, and wars." And not entirely in jest. He's a hawkish Republican. Today he told me that he's been watching the news a bit recently and is completely horrified by the war mongering going on with respect to Iran.

Ron pointing out the obvious - that it is silly to expect Americans to die for everyone else - will absolutely resonate.

JoshS
02-03-2012, 09:19 PM
This is simply untrue. You might be right about politicians, but here in a city like Portland, I guarantee there is still a massive 'antiwar left' that are incredibly unhappy with Obama.

I live in Portland and no way man, everyone defends Obama tooth and nail. They blame everything on Bush. They might not be too happy with Obama and say he's a slight disappointment but Portland will gladly vote for war as long as it's under the guise of humanitarianism.

MsDoodahs
02-03-2012, 09:22 PM

They are awfully quiet....

MsDoodahs
02-03-2012, 09:23 PM
I live in Portland and no way man, everyone defends Obama tooth and nail. They blame everything on Bush. They might not be too happy with Obama and say he's a slight disappointment but Portland will gladly vote for war as long as it's under the guise of humanitarianism.

Yeah, this is pretty much what I thought.

affa
02-03-2012, 09:24 PM
wow, he just said he takes out the campaign frustrations on Carol (instead of Jesse) - wild... :(

which, in context, was endearing. why post this?

rb3b3
02-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Guy why is everyone so upset over this interview?? I thought ron was awesome!!! Im a grown man 36 years old and when ron said why dont they send the british kids over there to die, i honestly had a tear run down my face... I was all choked up knowing how much ron paul cares about we the people. He really cares soo much about this country and all the people in it!! Why cant people see this???? I love ron paul soo much because i feel he loves each and everyone of us soo much right back!!!! Hopefully people who see this interview will take a step back and say to themselves wow this is my guy!!!

JWRIDDLER
02-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Summary of interview:

+1 and +rep. Great summary and pretty much exactly what happened

affa
02-03-2012, 09:27 PM

That is a perfect example of an actual edit, I noticed that one too. They eliminated his definition for M&R, if not more. Who knows what else.

They really should release unedited footage of election interviews, in my opinion. Would be the honest thing to do, at least.

vita3
02-03-2012, 09:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuULcVaMTf0

LisaNY
02-03-2012, 09:32 PM
I thought it was the most powerful point of the night. The media will NOT blowback on that, because it's a truth bomb.

It's the first time some people will think "Why are we the ones who have to send our kids to die?"

I agree affa, they don't want people thinking about that one.

kill the banks
02-03-2012, 09:35 PM
next time he quotes JFK he should add ... In short, we must face problems which do not lend themselves to easy or quick or permanent solutions. And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient–that we are only six percent of the world's population–that we cannot impose our will upon the other ninety-four percent of mankind–that we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity–and that therefore there cannot he an American solution to every world problem.

affa
02-03-2012, 09:36 PM

We know different people, then. I don't know a single person on the left that isn't anti-war.

There is a difference between supporting Obama and being anti-war - unfortunately, some people are anti-war but will still vote for Obama out of, well, ignorance. Just as I'm sure there are Republicans that are anti-war that voted for McCain, or Bush.

I absolutely wish that anti-war meant a vote for Ron (as it should) but unfortunately, people aren't always logical.

Orgoonian
02-03-2012, 09:38 PM

Portland is full of "California liberals",but there is a strong undercurrent for the anti-war movement.
It is much stronger in Eugene,Corvallis,and even here in central Oregon.

alucard13mmfmj
02-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Medicare and Social Security will run dry if we keep going into war! Israel or Entitlements.. DECIDE!!

affa
02-03-2012, 09:40 PM
They are awfully quiet....

Yes, the election of Obama destroyed the momentum of the anti-war movement. No doubt. Yes, the left are more willing to forgive Obama than they were Bush, no doubt. Just as Republican's were more willing to forgive Bush than Obama.

However, this does not mean the anti-war left are suddenly pro-war. There is still a huge anti-war contingent, but TPTB cut their legs out from under them by manufacturing and selling Obama. All the hangers-on that don't pay attention got bamboozled, and there was a break in momentum waiting for Obama to actually do what he said. Now that it's pretty much proven he won't, he is losing a ton of support.

Lisa100
02-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Medicare and Social Security will run dry if we keep going into war! Israel or Entitlements.. DECIDE!!

This line speaks volumes.

KingNothing
02-03-2012, 09:45 PM
which, in context, was endearing. why post this?

And probably true. It isn't wild. It isn't sad. It shows they have a strong relationship built on things that matter and that they actually, after all these years, still love each other. Not to get all teen girl on everyone, because I hate sappy crap and anything that has to do with emotions, but it absolutely was endearing and cute.

mac_hine
02-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Yes, Piers is doing that, but they are also editing the conversation. They are very good at seamless editing of dialog, but any time there is a 'sentence break' and then they switch the camera, it's quite possible that dialog hit the cutting room floor. This easiest to achieve by cutting Ron's answer short at the end of a sentence and cutting to Piers asking the next question. There are several places where the editing seemed particularly egregious. 60 Minutes style shows do this sort of editing all the time. In fact, shows have been busted for refilming questions asked slightly differently for effect (for example, asking a question aggressively to get an aggressive answer, then editing in the question asked politely so the interviewee looks crazy).

And then, yes, Piers is interrupting him on top of this.

That said, I really enjoyed the interview.

+rep

Well said. That sums up my viewing experience entirely.

mac_hine
02-03-2012, 09:53 PM
That is a perfect example of an actual edit, I noticed that one too. They eliminated his definition for M&R, if not more. Who knows what else.

They really should release unedited footage of election interviews, in my opinion. Would be the honest thing to do, at least.

When they do shit like this I literally feel like I'm living in the novel 1984.

If a viewer missed the M&R edit, he/she might think RP is rambling incoherently. It's Orwellian journalism at its finest.

parkway3000
02-03-2012, 10:39 PM
awesome interview, Paul had so many good points, when he gave the analogy of criminals robbing banks compared to the government redistributing money!!!!!!!!!

ord33
02-03-2012, 10:55 PM
I didn't get to see this interview (but will watch the rerun here in a couple minutes). From what I can gather from this thread the interview seemed very unfair to Ron Paul in a lot of aspects. I remember watching Piers interview Newt Gingrich for an hour on his show. It was pretty much all softballs and he didn't cut him off. To me it sounds like he treated Newt a lot better than Ron Paul. If the Piers/Newt interview is online somewhere take a look and you'll know what I mean.

dawnbt
02-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Ron has the best chance to beat Obama because he can win not only Independents, but there are many liberals who voted for Obama who are looking at Ron. He HAS to do interviews on liberal minded shows and stations just as much as FOX. The libs aren't watching FOX and they need to hear the message too.

Gurv720
02-03-2012, 10:57 PM
It was difficult to follow Dr. Paul when Piers interrupted him over and over again. I'm starting to believe this guy is worse than Bill O'reilly when it comes to interrupting people rudely.

sailingaway
02-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Ron has the best chance to beat Obama because he can win not only Independents, but there are many liberals who voted for Obama who are looking at Ron. He HAS to do interviews on liberal minded shows and stations just as much as FOX. The libs aren't watching FOX and they need to hear the message too.

Yeah but it is PARTICULARLY important on those shows that Ron specify that his budget plan doesn't cuts social security or medicare.

jcarcinogen
02-03-2012, 11:07 PM
I thought it was a decent interview. It was interesting hearing about Paul's personal life, since it's not often asked.

Stop being so negative.

In a free society people have different opinions. You shouldn't tell people how to feel. Its conventional wisdom to be optimistic but a happy sheep is also easier to lead to the slaughterhouse.

olsonly
02-04-2012, 05:07 PM
I thought it was a good interview. Yes he kept cutting him off but I think there were very good answers given.

RonPaul101.com
02-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Best line of the night was, "Why not send British young men into a preemptive war? Why must it be a given that it should be American blood?"