PDA

View Full Version : What exactly did Rudy do on 9/11/01?

USAFCapt
06-18-2007, 03:17 PM
What did Guliani actually do that showed his superior leadership qualities? To me it sounds like a case of history making the man and not the other way around.

ARealConservative
06-18-2007, 03:23 PM
I was home sick that day. It was the most surreal moment I ever had in my life. I was laying on the couch feeling like crap when everything went down. I though I took too much cold medicine at first.

But basically, Rudy ran from TV camera to TV camera all day long giving interviews.

I don't know how he owuld of had time to do anything else. I was flipping news channels contstantly - he was hitting them all - multiple times.

Chris Sinnard
06-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Scoop and Dump did quite a bit showing his masters where his true allegiance lies. I heard he also got emo a few times and filled some potholes.

guntherg16
06-18-2007, 03:53 PM
I think he passed out a lot of stern looks and nods.

The true measure of leadership is the quality of the stern look and the smoothness of the nod.

mikelovesgod
06-18-2007, 04:06 PM
He looked presidential while complicitly scooping the bodies of the innocent in a huge neo-con infused energy ball where everyone got rich from within and everyone suffered outside that circle.

Galactic Lord Xenu
06-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Rudy Giuliani personally rushed into the twin towers and saved many, many lives, battling pirates and ninjas as he ascended the stairs to save those trapped in the burning monoliths.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
06-18-2007, 04:49 PM
I seem to remember him on tv a lot. The camera would move along with him as he walked, staring off with a stern and concerned look.

But remember, he was there on 9/11, so he is qualified to lead the country. He said so himself.

jd603
06-18-2007, 04:53 PM
UHHHH, he saved the universe from terrorists that day, didn't you hear? what a stupid question!

drinkbleach
06-18-2007, 04:59 PM
A true leader can win the hearts and minds of the people with powerfully staged photo-ops.

wwycher
06-18-2007, 05:15 PM
I was off that day, so I slept in. Went to my local coffee shop and found out. I hung out with a Iranian friend of mine all day as we talked of the ramifications of this terrible event. My friend was worried that the government was going to put him and his family in some sort of internment camp. So what I'm saying is, I have no idea what Guliani was doing. What does being in NYC on 9/11/01 or being the mayor of NYC have to do with knowing about foreign policy or running the country? The only reason the GOP would make him their candidate would be to lose the general election. New Yorkers don't like him. Once his personal and professional life are brought out into the light he will slink back into the shadows from whence he came from.

GoRonPaul
06-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Well, his own children don't like him either...

AgentSmith
06-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Rudy sat in the FEMA "Skybox Bunker" constructed on the 23rd floor of WTC building 7; where they most likely commanded the detonation of the WTC complex. Before, of course, evacuating and blowing up building 7 to destroy any evidence.
:)

And for that, he gets to be king......

RJB
06-18-2007, 05:46 PM
self-aggrandizement

USAFCapt
06-19-2007, 06:04 AM
Hillarious stuff. That is what I figured: well staged photo ops can get somebody anywhere in this day and age.

Warhawk
06-19-2007, 06:16 AM
I think he just walked around a lot pointing at things and talking on phones...

Duckman
06-19-2007, 06:33 AM
Yeah, it's beyond rediculous to suggest that Rudy Guiliani is more skilled at fighting terrorism just because he was there on 9-11. It's not like he had a foolproof disaster plan for NYC. Remember the flak over the fact the police and fire radios couldn't talk to each other?

I think the public vaguely remembers the fact that he was out there, seemingly "in charge" whereas Bush was on a plane being whisked to a "secure location" most of the day, and caught some flak for it later. But this is not a true qualification.

ecliptic
06-19-2007, 06:45 AM
Rudy sat in the FEMA "Skybox Bunker" constructed on the 23rd floor of WTC building 7; where they most likely commanded the detonation of the WTC complex. Before, of course, evacuating and blowing up building 7 to destroy any evidence.

Actual factual answer to the question.

Building 7 tenant list (http://www.wtc7.net/articles/FEMA/WTC_ch5.htm):

floor 25 tenant: CIA
floor 25 tenant: DOD
floor 25 tenant: IRS
floor 23 tenant: OEM
floor 11-13 tenant: SEC
floor 9-10 tenant: Secret Service
floor 1 fuel storage

The official conspiracy theory holds that the debris from the WTC 1 & 2 "pancake collapse" somehow lit the fuel storage on fire ( in the center of the first floor? ) causing WTC 7's perfectly symmetrical collapse around 5pm. If you buy any of that I have some ocean front property in Wyoming you might be interested in as well.

burnice
06-19-2007, 09:04 AM

Beat me to it. :D

KingTheoden
06-19-2007, 01:09 PM
USAFCapt, check out his biography on Wikipedia. It is an excellent refresher of his career; he came out with things as absurd as trying to require other states to take New York's garbage because, get this, other states ought to compensate for being able to 'enjoy New York's cultural landmarks' (I guess all of that cash people have spent on ferries, admissions fees, souvenirs, etc do not count).

On 911, the man did extremely little in terms of emergency operations coordination. As the other posters have outlined, he grimaced and scowled in front of cameras. Viewing the situation from a purely mainstream interpretation of the event, Giuliani was an outright failure. He stationed the emergency operations office in a primary target. His city emergency planners had extremely crude and unworkable strategies called 'unworthy of a Boy Scout camp trip.' He strangely ordered firefighers to halt rescue efforts after only about a week's time; he tried to make the case that it was imperative to get the debris out of New York (and even more strangely, to Asia) as fast as possible. The FDNY protested because they wanted more time to search for human remains. He also denied that there was a health risk from breathing the air even though the various government agencies knew there was a high risk of inhalation of carcinogens.

In sum, his 911 'record' actually is a testament to his general incompetence. Returning to my first paragraph, reviewing his entire record as mayor indicates he road a wave of declining crime rates as he transformed New York into a de facto police state by going so far as to outlaw artists drawing cartoons of Giuliani that he himself did not like. His administration was well known for appointing dreadfully unqualified people to positions of authority. He sued the federal government to defend his decision to have New York remain a sanctuary city for illegal aliens. After losing this case, he openly said he would ignore the law.

It goes on- mafia links, weird speeches about how freedom means authority.