PDA

View Full Version : hannity vegas forum??? no ron???

satchelmcqueen
02-01-2012, 11:18 PM
just watching hannity to see if ron is still being ignored. anyhow he throws this graphic up and says that at his forum you will hear from romney, gingrich and santorum. is this a debate or an interview type thing? is ron not going? i dont blame him if he doesnt. just wondering.

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae278/satchelmcqueen/0202120012.jpg

bluesc
02-01-2012, 11:19 PM
The media is acting as if Ron has dropped out. People will then assume he has dropped out. People will then not vote for him.

If Ron declined, it was an awful move.

JJ2
02-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Ron declined. Rand ripped Ron for it on Hannity's nationally syndicated radio show today.

bluesc
02-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Ron declined. Rand ripped Ron for it on Hannity's nationally syndicated radio show today.

He declined?!

What did Rand say?

sailingaway
02-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Do we know why Ron declined? was he going to be somewhere else? Because that seems odd.

JJ2
02-01-2012, 11:23 PM
He declined?!

What did Rand say?

He said he thought it was a mistake that they declined and that he didn't know why his father won't come on Hannity's radio/TV shows and that he would call them and talk to them about it. Hannity was pretty angry and told him it was too late for tomorrow night but that he'll give him equal time on radio/TV if he'll come on.

ONUV
02-01-2012, 11:23 PM
why is rand up hannity's butt?

bluesc
02-01-2012, 11:24 PM
He said he thought it was a mistake that they declined and that he didn't know why his father won't come on his radio/TV shows and that he would call them and talk to them about it. Hannity was pretty angry and told him it was too late for tomorrow night but that he'll give him equal time on radio/TV if he'll come on.

Rand knows exactly why. He and I may not agree with the reasoning of Ron's decision, but I'm getting pretty sick of Rand's pandering to Hannity.

JJ2
02-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Do we know why Ron declined? was he going to be somewhere else? Because that seems odd.

Ron has refused to go on Hannity's radio or TV shows since he asked him about the newsletters and third party in December. Hannity says Ron seemed pretty upset with him afterwards.

Bruno
02-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Awwwww!!! Hannity was angry and hurt!?! Oh, I am so damn sad!!! :rolleyes:

Screw him.

Lightweis
02-01-2012, 11:26 PM
RP needed to be there.

Tyler_Durden
02-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Declining CPAC, declining Hannity......it's like SC all over again.

Declined Huckabee, left a Tea Party event because it ran 10-15min past his scheduled speaking time.

If Dr. Paul goes home for any length of time in February, this die hard supporter will be doing some serious face-fisting, er palming.

bluesc
02-01-2012, 11:30 PM

Declined Huckabee, left a Tea Party event because it ran 10-15min past his scheduled speaking time.

If Dr. Paul goes home for any length of time in February, this die hard supporter will be doing some serious face-fisting, er palming.

CPAC made sense. Declining Hannity didn't. Declining Huckabee did. Tea Party event did.

CPAC is not important. Hannity is because Ron is being completely ignored by the media more than ever. Huckabee wasn't important. He had somewhere else to be after the Tea Party event.

PaleoPaul
02-01-2012, 11:30 PM

This.

Hannity is a duplicitous liar, but come on, Ron is only giving the neo-cons more reasons to hate him. They'll use bullshat arguments like "If Paul can't face Hannity, how will he face Obama?!"

cajuncocoa
02-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Rand knows exactly why. He and I may not agree with the reasoning of Ron's decision, but I'm getting pretty sick of Rand's pandering to Hannity. My husband told me about this interview (he heard it driving back from Baton Rouge today)...I had the exact same reaction.

Aseldo
02-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Just saw this minutes ago...glad somebody caught it.

I really hope somebody is able to grab every obvious black out of Ron Paul from the media and post it into a video. I swear it'd be over 20 minutes long

EDIT: oh I guess he declined to appear.

hardrightedge
02-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Yea...I can't stand listening to Rand when he is on the hannity show...the ass kissing makes me sick

sailingaway
02-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Ron has refused to go on Hannity's radio or TV shows since he asked him about the newsletters and third party in December. Hannity says Ron seemed pretty upset with him afterwards.

that's right, and he also said Ron was the one he wasn't sure he could vote for, then finally said he would. I can see Ron's point, but this particular event I think would probably be ok. I am not mad at Ron, I see his point, I just don't want him out of the limelight

sailingaway
02-01-2012, 11:37 PM
This.

Hannity is a duplicitous liar, but come on, Ron is only giving the neo-cons more reasons to hate him. They'll use bullshat arguments like "If Paul can't face Hannity, how will he face Obama?!"

Ron faces everyone. He just has decided he doesn't like Hannity after all the things Hannity has said, and doesn't want to spend time with him, I think. I'm also sure he had other events planned. I think they could see more eye to eye if Hannity understood Ron, but I could be projecting an honesty on Hannity that isn't really there. I don't watch him unless a Paul is on, really.

Rocco
02-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Do you guys not understand how valuable it is to us to have a guy like Hannity having such a mancrush on Rand? Do you not get that having people like that in your corner to set the media agenda in your favor leads to winning elections? This is a GOOD thing, and will pay dividends for us in the future. Conservatives, even FOX News sheep republicans, LOVE Rand Paul. Anything we can do to keep that the case (short of selling out on issues) we should do.

JJ2
02-01-2012, 11:39 PM
that's right, and he also said Ron was the one he wasn't sure he could vote for, then finally said he would. I can see Ron's point, but this particular event I think would probably be ok. I am not mad at Ron, I see his point, I just don't want him out of the limelight

Oh, I agree. I wish Ron would have gone.

bluesc
02-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Ron faces everyone. He just has decided he doesn't like Hannity and doesn't want to spend time with him, I think. I'm also sure he had other events planned.

Other events attended by millions of people nationwide when people nationwide think you have dropped out? This will just add to the idea that he has dropped out. Usually skipping events isn't a big deal, but I wouldn't be surprised if he lost votes over this.

Most news sites with the vote counters from FL on their front page have three candidates listed. It's getting serious.

Tyler_Durden
02-01-2012, 11:40 PM

At the risk of being neg repped, I gotta say - we get pissed off when there's blackout and marginalization by the media. I think it's appropriate for us to get just as pissed off when Dr. Paul blacks himself out....

rp2012win
why is rand up hannity's butt?The more I see Rand with Hannity the more I think Rand is a sell out establishment hack. If rand thinks for one second paul supporters will flock to him in 2016 because his last name he is badly mistaken.

sailingaway
Do you guys not understand how valuable it is to us to have a guy like Hannity having such a mancrush on Rand? Do you not get that having people like that in your corner to set the media agenda in your favor leads to winning elections? This is a GOOD thing, and will pay dividends for us in the future. Conservatives, even FOX News sheep republicans, LOVE Rand Paul. Anything we can do to keep that the case (short of selling out on issues) we should do.

I didn't hear Rand, but he shouldn't have undermined Ron, if he did. Ron backed HIM to the nines when he was under attack in his Senate race. He should have just said he wasn't there and didn't know why.

bluesc
02-01-2012, 11:41 PM

Hannity will be bashing Rand in 2016. Don't be naive.

The media treated Ron as a leader of the Republican party from mid 2008 - late 2010. Now look.

sailingaway
02-01-2012, 11:42 PM
The more I see Rand with Hannity the more I think Rand is a sell out establishment hack. If rand thinks for one second paul supporters will flock to him in 2016 because his last name he is badly mistaken.

two acronyms: NAACP and Patriot Act

google those in conjunction with 'Rand Paul'.

It isn't JUST his last name.

Bruno
02-01-2012, 11:43 PM

Well, in that case, you may be very glad to know Hannity used the opportunity to include Senator Rand Paul in a pathetic transition to a Pro-Flowers commercial and described the bouquet he would send to Rand's wife on his behalf. Rand said he was making his own gift for her, but would be "forever in his debt," though he said he would pay for it.

bluesc
02-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Well, in that case, you may be very glad to know Hannity used the opportunity to include Senator Rand Paul in a pathetic transition to a Pro-Flowers commercial and described the bouquet he would send to Rand's wife on his behalf. Rand said he was making his own gift for her, but would be "forever in his debt," though he said he would pay for it.

:eek: that's tragic.

Maybe Rand should buy some custom flowers for Hannity while he's at it.

JJ2

Yeah, he actually said he would be his friend for life. Ugh. But he said he had to pay for it because Senators aren't allowed to accept gifts, LOL.

rp2012win

It isn't JUST his last name.You can be a sellout establishment hack and still be right on some policy issues. What sets Ron apart is not just policy. It's that he doesn't rub elbows with the goons in washington. Rand is right on some policy, but he is starting to rub elbows with the goons in washington.

JJ2
02-01-2012, 11:47 PM

I think you meant NDAA? ;)

Ekrub
02-01-2012, 11:47 PM

Add TSA

Ekrub
02-01-2012, 11:49 PM
I think you meant NDAA? ;)

Could be referring to the cra debate on maddow

bluesc
Yeah, he actually said he would be his friend for life. Ugh. But he said he had to pay for it because Senators aren't allowed to accept gifts, LOL.

Oh Rand :( You can act like a US Senator when offered gifts but not when questioned by a pathetic radio host.

Americurrr!

PaleoPaul
The more I see Rand with Hannity the more I think Rand is a sell out establishment hack. If rand thinks for one second paul supporters will flock to him in 2016 because his last name he is badly mistaken.
Trust me, I'm sure if Rand was running instead of Ron, Hannity would bring up that Rachel Maddow interview from 2010 and try to paint him as a racist.

Hannity is a demagogue. He's PAID to be a demagogue. He's practically Newt's butt boy, just like he was Dubya's butt boy.

Just because he's nice to Rand now doesn't mean he'll always be nice to him.

jacmicwag
All this "he said-she said" can get old. I don't know about you but I'm about ready for a "third" party tonight.

JJ2
Could be referring to the cra debate on maddow

Ah, OK.

Tyler_Durden
02-01-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm gonna pull a "what-if"

This is from the WaPo article posted earlier about a Romney/Paul alliance:

The adviser, Trygve Olson, developed a friendship with Rand Paul, and the two realized they could actually teach each other a lot to the benefit of both candidate and party. Olson showed Paul and his campaign traditional establishment tactics: working with the press, fine-tuning message; and Paul showed Olson — and McConnell, by extension — how many new people his message of fiscal responsibility was drawing to the party.

Blood is thicker than water. Rand is his fathers son. NDAA and TSA.

What if Rand is our Trojan horse? Get in, then turn the Establishment upside down....

Ekrub
02-01-2012, 11:57 PM
I'm gonna pull a "what-if"

This is from the WaPo article posted earlier about a Romney/Paul alliance:

Blood is thicker than water. Rand is his fathers son. NDAA and TSA.

What if Rand is our Trojan horse? Get in, then turn the Establishment upside down....

That is certainly the game I think Rand is playing. I don't know if it's the right move as I think it makes a lot of the grassroots kind of edgy, but if done properly would really be bad ass. I really think there needs to be a serious discussion of where this movement goes after this election. With no heir apparent (I'd say rand and I'm behind that but a vocal group here and I imagine elsewhere is against it) we could take a serious blow to the progress Ron has made. Another Ron won't come around for another thirty years and I'm not sure the way these elections have panned out that we need another Ron, at least until people in this country figure out what the hell is going on and are ready for some truth and honesty.

Rocco
02-01-2012, 11:58 PM
The media was at NO point 1/10th as favorable towards Ron as the Fox talking heads are to Rand. I feel like a lot of people on here dont necessarily know how the mind of the average republican works. They don't consider Ron one of "them", but they DO consider Rand one of them. Don't underestimate the importance of that fact.

Besides, even if what you are saying is true (and im not denying that it may very well be), is it not better to get the good coverage now? If people spend 6 years liking Rand and having people like Hannity constantly pimping him it will be very difficult for Fox to switch the narrative. A narrative that was exceedingly easy for them to use on Ron.

Hannity will be bashing Rand in 2016. Don't be naive.

The media treated Ron as a leader of the Republican party from mid 2008 - late 2010. Now look.

JJ2
02-02-2012, 12:02 AM
The media was at NO point 1/10th as favorable towards Ron as the Fox talking heads are to Rand. I feel like a lot of people on here dont necessarily know how the mind of the average republican works. They don't consider Ron one of "them", but they DO consider Rand one of them. Don't underestimate the importance of that fact.

As a recovering neocon, I agree with this completely.

bluesc
02-02-2012, 12:02 AM

Besides, even if what you are saying is true (and im not denying that it may very well be), is it not better to get the good coverage now? If people spend 6 years liking Rand and having people like Hannity constantly pimping him it will be very difficult for Fox to switch the narrative. A narrative that was exceedingly easy for them to use on Ron.

If you ask me, a lowly radio host being extremely condescending to a US Senator is hardly positive. Hannity likes having Rand on because Hannity knows he has Rand by the balls. He likes that feeling of superiority. They make Rand look good because it pushes the "I wish he was running and not Ron" meme. It pushes people away from Ron. These same people will bring Rand's world down in the not-so-distant-future.

When your popularity rests in the hands of an asshole, egomaniac, establishment whore of a radio host... You're in trouble.

PaleoPaul
02-02-2012, 12:07 AM
If you ask me, a lowly radio host being extremely condescending to a US Senator is hardly positive. Hannity likes having Rand on because Hannity knows he has Rand by the balls. He likes that feeling of superiority. They make Rand look good because it pushes the "I wish he was running and not Ron" meme. It pushes people away from Ron. These same people will bring Rand's world down in the not-so-distant-future.

When your popularity rests in the hands of an asshole, egomaniac, establishment whore of a radio host... You're in trouble.
Exactly.

I remember people like Rachel Maddow being kind to Ron Paul from 2009-the summer of 2011. THEN THE TONE CHANGED.

bluesc
02-02-2012, 12:08 AM
Exactly.

I remember people like Rachel Maddow being kind to Ron Paul from 2009-the summer of 2011. THEN THE TONE CHANGED.

Don't forget Glenn Beck (our savior!)

Student Of Paulism
02-02-2012, 12:08 AM

Spot on, Rocco..

Guys, look. Ron can't stand Hannity and we all know why. After that debate on FOX before IA, when he sat with Sean, you could literally see how Ron couldn't stand even being around him, because Sean wouldn't stop with the NL crap and the 3rd party bs. He knows what Sean's agenda is all about and that he will use subtle word play to make him look bad. He puts on this smily face, yet does all he can to smear him when his head his turned, it's quite dispicable and i dont blame Ron for feeling this way and not wanting anything to do with him.

HOWEVER...Ron still needs to be there and should have been. It's Fox. The establishment sheep are watching. You need all the exposure you can get. Who knows, you may even make Sean or the others look bad, and get some good brownie points. Bowing out completely was just not smart.

You see, Ron is old school, he simply comes from a different time where you could blow this crap off and it wouldnt matter. In his day, we didnt have the internet, and all this cable tv news glitz 24-7. And back then, you didn't have to ass kiss or cater to people/groups as much and expect a bruise in return for it. The R-Party was a bit different back then, and most politicians like Ron wouldn't give someone like Sean the time of day, hence our present time. Rand, however, is better at playing today's game of politics. He isn't kissing Sean's ass, he is just playing the game and not rocking the boat and trying to maintain balance. He knows what FoX is all about, cmon, you don 't think he knows that? Lol...trust me, he knows. He knows everything we know about the NWO/Neocon garbage, just like we do.

Listen to how Rand talks to Sean, when Sean says 'why wont your dad do this, etc, etc,' and hes like 'yea, ill talk to him, and see whats going on'. He is just 'yessing' him to death and probably rolling his eyes. Rand knows how to give and take with these fools, and unfortunately, Ron doesn't enough and it's backfired quite a bit. Like i said, i don't blame him for doing it, but i don't believe it is wise either. Sometimes you have to put aside personal feelings and just go along with the bs now and then.

Suzu
02-02-2012, 12:11 AM
Sorry, a bit of an incoherent rant.
That's a bit of an incoherent looking avatar ya got there, too.

Ron is on to something with this move. Some sort of statement on Hannity's character, like "You're about as obnoxious as Trump".

Rocco
02-02-2012, 12:13 AM
His popularity does not rest in those hands if we dont allow it. I hope to god some of our "purist" types dont succeed in taking away the liberty movements support of Rand (though I think the anti Rand crowd is a pretty small but vocal fraction of the liberty movement), because then you will be correct and his popularity will rest on Hannity. But if we do remain Rands base, Hannity only serves to broaden his appeal. When I hear Hannity and Rand I don't get this "superiority" perception that you get, Hannity seems to genuinely admire Rand to a greater extent then most other politicians. Will this last? Most likely not into 2016, but by then it will be too late with Rand's massively broader appeal to mainstream republicans.

All you have to do is bring up Rand to a mainstream republican and then bring up Ron, and you will see the staunch difference I am talking about. It's literally a night and day comparison

bluesc
02-02-2012, 12:17 AM
His popularity does not rest in those hands if we dont allow it. I hope to god some of our "purist" types dont succeed in taking away the liberty movements support of Rand (though I think the anti Rand crowd is a pretty small but vocal fraction of the liberty movement), because then you will be correct and his popularity will rest on Hannity. But if we do remain Rands base, Hannity only serves to broaden his appeal. When I hear Hannity and Rand I don't get this "superiority" perception that you get, Hannity seems to genuinely admire Rand to a greater extent then most other politicians. Will this last? Most likely not into 2016, but by then it will be too late with Rand's massively broader appeal to mainstream republicans.

My point is that his greater appeal rests in the hands of Hannity. People here, for the most part, will support him. I like him, aside from a couple of his actions.

All you have to do is bring up Rand to a mainstream republican and then bring up Ron, and you will see the staunch difference I am talking about. It's literally a night and day comparison

Therein lies my point.

"They make Rand look good because it pushes the "I wish he was running and not Ron" meme. It pushes people away from Ron. "

Rocco
02-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Do you think that them wanting Rand to run instead of Ron has just a little bit to do with the political abilities of each of them? Rand plays the game, and does so very effectively. Ron doesnt play the game, and while I absolutely love him for it and am attracted to him as a candidate because of this style, it doesnt win elections. Rands style is for the purpose of WINNING elections, and that has a lot more to do with the differences between the 2 among republicans then anything else.

My point is that his greater appeal rests in the hands of Hannity. People here, for the most part, will support him. I like him, aside from a couple of his actions.

Therein lies my point.

"They make Rand look good because it pushes the "I wish he was running and not Ron" meme. It pushes people away from Ron. "

Guitarzan
02-02-2012, 12:23 AM

i think you're right in that we should continue to have faith in Rand...but you put way too much into what Hannity truly thinks. He's doing his job, and that's it. How he treats Rand now does push the meme that bluesc is talking about. You watch though....If and when Rand runs, he will not be on our side.

Ekrub
02-02-2012, 12:27 AM
That's a bit of an incoherent looking avatar ya got there, too.

Ron is on to something with this move. Some sort of statement on Hannity's character, like "You're about as obnoxious as Trump".

You can attack me all you want but you must RESPECT sloth from goonies

bluesc
02-02-2012, 12:30 AM
Do you think that them wanting Rand to run instead of Ron has just a little bit to do with the political abilities of each of them?

Of course, but that is part of my point. Hannity pushes it by emphasizing the differences and pits Rand against Ron all the time. Rand has essentially become a tool of Hannity to squash Ron.

Rand plays the game, and does so very effectively. Ron doesnt play the game, and while I absolutely love him for it and am attracted to him as a candidate because of this style, it doesnt win elections. Rands style is for the purpose of WINNING elections, and that has a lot more to do with the differences between the 2 among republicans then anything else.

I agree, but Rand isn't running for President right now. That's why Hannity is throwing softballs and being nice to Rand rather than calling him a racist for his past comments and calling him unelectable because he wants to end the wars while cutting him off when he begins to answer any question or criticism. He is making Rand look good for a reason. He pits Rand against Ron and Rand has to go along with it or Hannity will throw a tantrum.

DisabledVet
02-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Rand may be playing a bit different set of cards. What if Rand takes the path of pandering to the media, maybe toning down the libertarian preaching, come off as Ron Paul lite with a more palatable version of Libertarianism just to get the media on his side so that he CAN get elected and then become the true constitutionalist and begin dismantling the needles government entities. Many of our fellow citizens who are brainwashed may only see the light once it is turned on and we start to make real change.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-02-2012, 12:51 AM
Rand may be playing a bit different set of cards. What if Rand takes the path of pandering to the media, maybe toning down the libertarian preaching, come off as Ron Paul lite with a more palatable version of Libertarianism just to get the media on his side so that he CAN get elected and then become the true constitutionalist and begin dismantling the needles government entities. Many of our fellow citizens who are brainwashed may only see the light once it is turned on and we start to make real change.

You sound like an Obama supporter. Judge a person based on their actions not on some fairy tell plot that you think they may be hatching. It's ridiculous and needs to stop. Rand is not Ron, not even three ballparks over. Rand is going to find out that he isn't automatically entitled to Ron's support real soon if he keeps up this BS time and time again. It's like parading around Warren Buffet as this great consistent libertarian just because his dad was Howard Buffet -- makes no freaking sense.

Rand is being co-opted into the establishment eschewing many of his previous libertarian beliefs. Fuck politics and politicians. Ron will probably be the last Statesman for a very long time, though we do have Justin Amash so, we'll see.

bluesc
02-02-2012, 12:53 AM
You sound like an Obama supporter. Judge a person based on their actions not on some fairy tell plot that you think they may be hatching. It's ridiculous and needs to stop. Rand is not Ron, not even three ballparks over. Rand is going to find out that he isn't automatically entitled to Ron's support real soon if he keeps up this BS time and time again. It's like parading around Warren Buffet as this great consistent libertarian just because his dad was Howard Buffet -- makes no freaking sense.

Rand is being co-opted into the establishment eschewing many of his previous libertarian beliefs. Fuck politics and politicians. Ron will probably be the last Statesman for a very long time, though we do have Justin Amash so, we'll see.

Justin Amash also drank the Iran fear Kool-Aid. After this election is done, based on the outcome, it might be a good time to start rethinking the whole libertarian artificial island idea.

PaleoPaul
02-02-2012, 12:55 AM

The difference is that by his actions, we see that Warren Buffet is a Keynesian progressive, by palling around with Obama, asking for more of his income to be taxed, using his secretary as an example, etc.

Rand, however, has proven to be decent. He worked with DeMint to go AGAINST NDAA, voted against Patriot, and other such stuff.

Quit acting like a Ron Paul WORSHIPER.

bluesc
02-02-2012, 12:58 AM

I believe you are false there. As candidates move further towards "traditional conservatism", they will lose libertarians. Rand is barely recognizable right now.

Danjlion7
02-02-2012, 01:05 AM
I really don't even understand why anyone is hopeful about the liberty movement if Ron fails to get the nomination. I mean, you'd have to be living in fairyland if you think the dollar is going to survive until 2016.

LibertyEagle
02-02-2012, 01:35 AM
You can be a sellout establishment hack and still be right on some policy issues. What sets Ron apart is not just policy. It's that he doesn't rub elbows with the goons in washington. Rand is right on some policy, but he is starting to rub elbows with the goons in washington.

I agree with Ron Paul on so very many things, but the reality is that he has not been successful in getting his bills passed. That same not rubbing elbows is one of the reasons we love him, but it is also one of the reasons why he has been alienated and we are seeing some of the blowback of that in this election.

It is my opinion that Rand has chosen a different strategy that he believes will enable him to make more progress in returning us to a constitutional government. It's a tough line to walk, especially given that I would imagine that his stomach turns over when he has to deal with some of the people that he must deal with, if he is going to have much of any positive impact on the goal.

What comes to my mind when I think about this is something I remember from the movie, The Patriot. Early on, our soldiers attempted to take on the British by marching up to them face-to-face and each side just blowing the hell out of each other. It was honest and it was bold, but it simply did not work out well for us at all. We got the crap blown out of us. But, when we started flanking them, ambushing them and in general, fighting them on our own terms, the tide turned.

To call Rand a "sellout establishment hack" is out of line. I cannot even believe you said that.

LibertyEagle
02-02-2012, 01:42 AM
I really don't even understand why anyone is hopeful about the liberty movement if Ron fails to get the nomination. I mean, you'd have to be living in fairyland if you think the dollar is going to survive until 2016.

And if the dollar fails, do you think that we will then evaporate from this earth? Of course we won't. When the dollar implodes, the more entrenched we are, the more impact we will have on what the next steps will be. Regardless of whether Ron wins or he doesn't, we must push on. It will only be over when we are dead and in the ground.

Publicani
02-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Wow! My initial reaction was that Ron was wrong for not going to Hannity and getting exposure, but upon reflection I respect him more for doing that.

With all Hannity low-level journalism, and the total absence of any original analysis, I used to be neutral to him. Then came the news that Ron was leading in Iowa and Hannity lead the below-the-belt attack. Being in the news business for a long time he knew how unfair and unprofessional that was, but he did it anyway.

I stopped listening to him after that, even occasionally. He is losing his ratings. Rand still comes to him. But not Ron. Nice!

Giuliani was there on 911
02-02-2012, 01:47 AM
any audio of Rand on Hannity's show ?

Rocco
02-02-2012, 01:47 AM
The Iran vote was wrong, and I will be the first to say that, but it doesnt discount his great record on virtually every other issue. Anti Patriot act, anti NDAA, anti policing the world, anti foreign aid, anti drug war and anti federal reserve....Frankly, I think you've built this up to be more then it is. If we as Ron Paul republicans cannot coalesce around somebody as exceedingly similar as Rand Paul, we have no chance of ever winning. The fact of the matter is to ever accomplish anything electorally we NEED someone like Rand who can get Herman Cain/Michele Bachmann/Rick Perry type voters into our camp. The lack of ability to do this has cost Ron the early states and ultimately will likely cost him the nomination. But Rand not only can get these voters, but he has MASSIVE appeal to them.

JJ2
02-02-2012, 01:52 AM

Hey, if the dollar fails by then, Ron may win in a landslide at the age of 80!

LibertyEagle
02-02-2012, 01:54 AM
I believe you are false there. As candidates move further towards "traditional conservatism", they will lose libertarians. Rand is barely recognizable right now.

They shouldn't. Traditional conservatism is libertarian-conservatism.

If libertarians can accept people who think it's ok for adults to have sex with 13 year old little girls, although firmly disagree with them, then I would think libertarians could accept people who, for example, don't like it that the Don't Ask, Don't Tell legislation was overturned.

LibertyEagle
02-02-2012, 01:56 AM
Wow! My initial reaction was that Ron was wrong for not going to Hannity and getting exposure, but upon reflection I respect him more for doing that.

With all Hannity low-level journalism, and the total absence of any original analysis, I used to be neutral to him. Then came the news that Ron was leading in Iowa and Hannity lead the below-the-belt attack. Being in the news business for a long time he knew how unfair and unprofessional that was, but he did it anyway.

I stopped listening to him after that, even occasionally. He is losing his ratings. Rand still comes to him. But not Ron. Nice!

Correction.

RON'S CAMPAIGN SENT RAND to Hannity's show in place of Ron.

Cyberbrain
02-02-2012, 02:03 AM
Rand, however, has proven to be decent. He worked with DeMint to go AGAINST NDAA, voted against Patriot, and other such stuff.

I just want to bring up that Rand Paul has been a senator for ONE YEAR. A lot of new politicians start out honest and wanting to change how the system works.... then a few years later they're buddy buddy w/ the establishment and taking in tons of interest group money.

I trust Ron because he has a long standing record to back up his words. I can't trust Rand until I see him withstand a few years of the pressure from the establishment and interest groups with his principles intact.

WD-NY
02-02-2012, 02:05 AM

Love the logic! If only "gaining the respect" of a current supporter (again...) resulted in 2 new non-supporters switching over to Ron! At least then we might actually have a shot at winning a couple states. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, your respect means bumkus =/

Skipping Hannity's Las Vegas Special 2 nights before the Cacaus was dumb move. Rand called it for exactly what it was. Hating on him for speaking the truth doesn't make what he said any less true.

LibertyEagle
02-02-2012, 02:08 AM
You sound like an Obama supporter.
This is an idiotic comment. In fact, it is the same type of bullshit that the ADL does to try to shut down conversation. You are better than that.

Judge a person based on their actions not on some fairy tell plot that you think they may be hatching. It's ridiculous and needs to stop. Rand is not Ron, not even three ballparks over. Rand is going to find out that he isn't automatically entitled to Ron's support real soon if he keeps up this BS time and time again. It's like parading around Warren Buffet as this great consistent libertarian just because his dad was Howard Buffet -- makes no freaking sense.

We need both types. But, it is way too early to be throwing around that Rand has been co-opted. We most definitely need to keep our eyes open, but I'm certainly not anywhere close to throwing him under the bus.

Ron Paul is one of a kind, folks. If you are going to sit on the sidelines until another like him comes along, you will be waiting a very long time. If you admire what he has done and the way he did it, step up and one day others may admire you the same way.

Publicani
02-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Love the logic! If only "gaining the respect" of a current supporter (again...) resulted in 2 new non-supporters switching over to Ron! At least then we might actually have a shot at winning a couple states. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, your respect means bumkus =/

Skipping Hannity's Las Vegas Special 2 nights before the Cacaus was dumb move. Rand called it for exactly what it was. Hating on him for speaking the truth doesn't make what he said any less true.

You don't know whether appearing on Hannity would hurt him or help him. I could make a case that not appearing would help him, but I don't know either.

I remember people criticezed RP for not going to Trump.

I respect RP and trust his decision more than I trust me or you or Rand.

Danjlion7
02-02-2012, 02:25 AM
And if the dollar fails, do you think that we will then evaporate from this earth? Of course we won't. When the dollar implodes, the more entrenched we are, the more impact we will have on what the next steps will be. Regardless of whether Ron wins or he doesn't, we must push on. It will only be over when we are dead and in the ground.

That's absurd.

When the dollar collapses, the government will declare martial law and any semblance of the Constitution is gone. There really can be no other outcome with the current regime.

tremendoustie
02-02-2012, 02:53 AM
Add TSA

Actually, as far as I've heard, he just wants a "trusted flier" program. I've never heard him advocating to eliminate the agency.

Rand is no Ron, that's for sure. His stance on Iran "sanctions" alone makes that much clear.

RonPossible
02-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Hannity is a piece of work. Nuff said. Too bad, love watching Dr. Paul on television. We need him to have all the exposure possible.

tremendoustie
02-02-2012, 02:56 AM

If libertarians can accept people who think it's ok for adults to have sex with 13 year old little girls, although firmly disagree with them, then I would think libertarians could accept people who, for example, don't like it that the Don't Ask, Don't Tell legislation was overturned.

Who's accepting pedophiles? I don't think you understand libertarianism.

The_Ruffneck
02-02-2012, 02:57 AM
Campaign is still as useless as they were in 2008.....
STEP IT UP FFS

affa
02-02-2012, 03:01 AM
Two words: memory hole.

These things get forgotten within days. Hell, Gingrich lost what, 15% in a week? Paul's decision to not attend an event, or interview, might feel like it means the world to people like us, absolutely jacked in to RPWorld. Nobody else notices. Nobody.

I mean, say you heard on the news that Romney cancelled last minute on Limbaugh. Would you even care? If you did, it would be for all of 3 seconds before your dog barked, you looked over, and forgot, while your wife puts on CSI.

Yes, RP needs all the attention he can get. Surely. But he also needs to campaign, and if the campaign decided, for whatever reason, that he had something more important to do... well, he probably did. Not doing the Trump debate was a massive win, wasn't it? But you know what? Even the Trump debate is down the memory hole now. Nobody cares that it didn't happen. Nobody remembers that it made Gingrich look like an idiot.

Well, I shouldn't say nobody. Some of us do. But the point is, it likely didn't affect a single vote. Odds are, neither will skipping one event, or refusing to go on Hannity. However, campaigning in Nevada might.

alucard13mmfmj
02-02-2012, 04:23 AM
let's just say this is a mixed bag. ron paul loses some media coverage, but ron paul can tell this hannity guy to suck it.

i think rand is trying to play the political game, just so he wont end up being ostracized like ron is... by pretty much everyone in power. rand will play their stupid little game but once he is in office, he will do the right thing. well, we will just have to watch rand for the next few years.

Travlyr
02-02-2012, 04:30 AM
just watching hannity to see if ron is still being ignored. anyhow he throws this graphic up and says that at his forum you will hear from romney, gingrich and santorum. is this a debate or an interview type thing? is ron not going? i dont blame him if he doesnt. just wondering.

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae278/satchelmcqueen/0202120012.jpg
This is awesome! Sean Hannity is an elite tool. Ron Paul is the most important revolutionary in our lifetime. Reporters and journalists who are respectful get the good interviews while the idiots have to accept second best. Let big government police state politicians Newt, Mitt, and Ricky slug it out on how best to attack Iran while American Airlines lays off 1000's due to the declining dollar and TSA invasions of privacy. Ron predicted it, voted against it, and speaks out. Hannity drove Ron away. Hannity is being rendered useless. This is fun to watch.

SCOTUSman
02-02-2012, 04:32 AM
Seriously, if we are going to expand our base it MUST be with the fox news viewers. Everywhere...it has been show that the majority of Republican primary voters are Fox News viewers, we do HORRIBLE with that demographic, we must try and at least change the tide. Whether we like it or not, in A REPUBLICAN primary, you must go on Fox News. Honestly, do people think we can expand the base without doing Fox News. The big shows....Hannity or O'Reilly. Ron will do neither.

SCOTUSman
02-02-2012, 04:35 AM
Some people are beyond purist on here, it is such a turn off to people that aren't purists. I'm sorry, this NBP and purist talk must stop now. It turns off a lot of people. Nobody every agrees with anybody on every little thing. The attacks on Rand for Iran are sickening. To have a different view on Iran is somehow disqualifying is pretty sick to me. That is the same language people use against us. I'm sick and tired of that rhetoric.

Travlyr
02-02-2012, 04:36 AM
Liars are losers when you have the truth machine at your fingertips.

Muwahid
02-02-2012, 04:46 AM
Some people are beyond purist on here, it is such a turn off to people that aren't purists. I'm sorry, this NBP and purist talk must stop now. It turns off a lot of people. Nobody every agrees with anybody on every little thing. The attacks on Rand for Iran are sickening. To have a different view on Iran is somehow disqualifying is pretty sick to me. That is the same language people use against us. I'm sick and tired of that rhetoric.

Rand is in the trenches for the American people in the senate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ4HON06hZU

I'm surprised at the way people think of Rand here. Hes no Ron but without him it'd be another neocon or commie in the senate.

alucard13mmfmj
02-02-2012, 04:46 AM
Seriously, if we are going to expand our base it MUST be with the fox news viewers. Everywhere...it has been show that the majority of Republican primary voters are Fox News viewers, we do HORRIBLE with that demographic, we must try and at least change the tide. Whether we like it or not, in A REPUBLICAN primary, you must go on Fox News. Honestly, do people think we can expand the base without doing Fox News. The big shows....Hannity or O'Reilly. Ron will do neither.

I used to watch FOX when I still watched TV a few years ago. I used to watch "The Simpsons" and "Family Guy", but those dont really humor me or entertain me any longer. The old Simpsons does have their value though ^^.

I will have the agree with the above post =(. Although, I can't believe that FOX has this much pushing/pulling power.

For the record, I want to see O'Reilly being sent to Afghanistan as an embedded journalist with frontline marines or something >.>. If he is so gungho and warmonger-ish.

SCOTUSman
02-02-2012, 04:52 AM
Rand is in the trenches for the American people in the senate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ4HON06hZU

I'm surprised at the way people think of Rand here. Hes no Ron but without him it'd be another neocon or commie in the senate.

Exactly, Rand is a great guy. He is fighting for the cause of liberty without hesitance.

Philmanoman
02-02-2012, 04:54 AM
http://trueslant.com/rickungar/2010/03/20/sean-hannity-in-serious-military-charity-scandal/

Anything ever come of this?

SCOTUSman
02-02-2012, 04:56 AM
I used to watch FOX when I still watched TV a few years ago. I used to watch "The Simpsons" and "Family Guy", but those dont really humor me or entertain me any longer. The old Simpsons does have their value though ^^.

I will have the agree with the above post =(. Although, I can't believe that FOX has this much pushing/pulling power.

For the record, I want to see O'Reilly being sent to Afghanistan as an embedded journalist with frontline marines or something >.>. If he is so gungho and warmonger-ish.

Exactly. It is sad that Fox News does. It shouldn't. No media of any sort should have pull, as it should report facts and give analysis fairly. Even if people may have bias in their analysis, give people their fair shake and allow differing opinions. Obviously, Fox doesn't stand for that, but when they do give us chances (even when they are nasty like O'Reilly and Hannity), we have to take the opportunity. We have to get our message to them because aside from the times RP shows up on their day time shows that are hardly watched compared to the O'Reilly and Hannity show.

I would love to see O'Reilly do that, but he won't. He is a chicken hawk, along with Hannity. O'Reilly said he would apologize if Iraq didn't end up having WMDs, but never did.

Travlyr
02-02-2012, 05:05 AM
Faux Snooze - Fair and Balanced except for that lefty Ron Paul guy. At Fox we want nothing to do with the constitutional rule of law, sound money, or for heavens sake ... Peace.

This is forever recorded in history. It is 2012 and Sean Hannity has posted the OP image. That proves Sean Hannity and Fox News is becoming useless. News shows hiding news is like a steak house serving vegesteak. It doesn't take too long for people to see the scam.

Jingles
02-02-2012, 05:06 AM

When you endorse the Non-Aggression Axiom that the initiation of force is immoral (aka not defensive force) one tends to be rather critical of those/people who support such policies. Look at it from a moral standpoint rather than the utilitarian view of political practicalness.

alucard13mmfmj
02-02-2012, 05:15 AM

I also agree with this. The general people cast off ron paul because of his foreign policy or misunderstanding of his foreign policy. Some of us is casting off Rand Paul because of his foreign policy and his rolling with the GOP. Frankly, as long as the candidate is honest and isnt out to screw USA intentionally.. I am halfway in the process of voting the candidate in.

You can't agree with a candidate 100% of the things he or she says. If you do, something is seriously wrong =3.

Being Ron is double edge sword. He attracts loyal supporters from a broad spectrum of people... But everyone in the system is out to get him and put him down. I think Rand Paul is trying to play the system.. so he will LESS likely end up being being put down by the system when he ultimately runs for president in 2016 or 2020. What good can Rand Paul do if he is "exactly" the same as Ron Paul and he gets ignored or screwed by the system?

Think of it this way. Rand Paul can fix our civil liberties when he is the president... Then the next president (who may share the same foreign policy views as RP) might come and implement the right foreign policy. It is an overall, gradual change.. just like our movement.

SCOTUSman
02-02-2012, 05:16 AM
Faux Snooze - Fair and Balanced except for that lefty Ron Paul guy. At Fox we want nothing to do with the constitutional rule of law, sound money, or for heavens sake ... Peace.

This is forever recorded in history. It is 2012 and Sean Hannity has posted the OP image. That proves Sean Hannity and Fox News is becoming useless. News shows hiding news is like a steak house serving vegesteak. It doesn't take too long for people to see the scam.

If you want to win a Republican primary you cannot ignore Fox. You can't have it both ways simply put.

SCOTUSman
02-02-2012, 05:21 AM
When you endorse the Non-Aggression Axiom that the initiation of force is immoral (aka not defensive force) one tends to be rather critical of those/people who support such policies. Look at it from a moral standpoint rather than the utilitarian view of political practicalness.

And I don't necessarily disagree with that. That is a good and decent perspective. However, I will say this. The Non-Aggression Axiom isn't necessarily the same to everyone. Levels of force, threshold, etc. can be different from one to another. Rand simply believes that sanctions aren't necessarily an aggressive action in light of what Iran is doing in his mind. To me it is similar to Constitutionalists disagreeing. Different types of Originalists and/or Strict Constructionists disagreeing with each other (just look at Thomas and Scalia, who both at least claim to be Originalists, who differ on many provisions of the Constitution) on a particular constitutional provision or principle. They can disagree on a particular meaning and have different readings on a particular provision. And whether you subscribe to one or the other, you can believe they are wrong, but to go around on a moral high horse or something of the sorts completely dismissing the possibility that someone subscribes to the same type of principles and theories, but with variation isn't possible is not right, in my opinion.

I would have a hard time believing that everyone here agrees with every little thing Ron has said, voted, or done. I definitely differ on some of his views of particular Constitutional provisions....

There is only so much growth a movement can do, if it keeps it so pure and rigid.

Travlyr
02-02-2012, 05:32 AM
If you want to win a Republican primary you cannot ignore Fox. You can't have it both ways simply put.
The point is that this is February 2012! Ron Paul has millions of avid supporters because he tells the truth. He is on the ballot in all the States, is the most principled Christian conservative running for president and Fox News dismisses him like he is invisible. That's DUMB! I mean it may have worked in the past, but people don't like to be fooled. I once was a Fox News guy. Now I hate those dumb bastards. When someone says that they watch Fox I just shake my head ... The Sly Old Fox is taking them for a ride. When you get off that ride you feel seriously violated.

SCOTUSman
02-02-2012, 05:46 AM
The point is that this is February 2012! Ron Paul has millions of avid supporters because he tells the truth. He is on the ballot in all the States, is the most principled Christian conservative running for president and Fox News dismisses him like he is invisible. That's DUMB! I mean it may have worked in the past, but people don't like to be fooled. I once was a Fox News guy. Now I hate those dumb bastards. When someone says that they watch Fox I just shake my head ... The Sly Old Fox is taking them for a ride. When you get off that ride you feel seriously violated.

This is all absolutely true. Agree with you 100%, however...sadly...in politics to win you sorta have to get violated. Rand did it with Hannity and getting Palin's endorsement (though she isn't all bad). Politics is a really dirty game. And I am proud of RP, and in the end he has sacrificed so much and done so much. Whatever the result is, I will always remember and appreciate what he has done. But, got to get dirty in politics unfortunately, at least on the national and presidential scale.

opinionatedfool
02-02-2012, 06:31 AM
To heck with hannity. He would spend the two minutes of talking time hannity would give him answering questions designed to make him look bad.

Travlyr
02-02-2012, 07:02 AM
WOW! Is that language necessary? That really is not appropriate.
See... people get pissed off when they learn that they have been fooled by idiots. Fox News is toast.

wgadget
02-02-2012, 07:05 AM
So do you think Hannity will say anything about Ron's absence?

LibertyEagle
02-02-2012, 07:05 AM
That's absurd.

When the dollar collapses, the government will declare martial law and any semblance of the Constitution is gone. There really can be no other outcome with the current regime.

If you believe that, you damn sure should want as many pro-liberty people in government, at all levels, that we can get.

whippoorwill
02-02-2012, 07:07 AM
I've watched and listen to this man for years. He helped talk Republicans into the war in Iraq. He got Ron tossed form the debates in 08. He has a few good points once in a while, but other than that he is a Statist Warmonger. In fact he's almost as bad as William Kristol! I hate these guys with a purple passion. A pox on them I say. Fuck Hannity!

SCOTUSman
02-02-2012, 07:09 AM
I've watched and listen to this man for years. He helped talk Republicans into the war in Iraq. He got Ron tossed form the debates in 08. He has a few good points once in a while, but other than that he is a Statist Warmonger. In fact he's almost as bad as William Kristol! I hate these guys with a purple passion. A pox on them I say. Fuck Hannity!

I am not talking about Hannity, but your language. That word is used too much.

Revolution9
02-02-2012, 07:10 AM

Fight with Iran == WW III.

That is why some of us are sick of it. Bathing in nuclear radiated winds is rather sickening to tell the truth.

Rev9

Revolution9
02-02-2012, 07:18 AM

You feel one way and he feels another. There are probably more of him than you as far as opinions in this country go. I thought he was a rat bastard back in 01 when he first stuck his whack-a-mole puss up out of the MSM stew of liars.

Rev9

Revolution9
02-02-2012, 07:20 AM
I am not talking about Hannity, but your language. That word is used too much.

Do you have any stats on that to link to? Is it broken down by frivolity and properly emotionally charged?

Rev9

Travlyr
02-02-2012, 07:25 AM
The OP picture is friggin hilarious. What is this Vegas show? Hannity's dance With A GOP Nominee? Where's the Donald?

No Free Beer
02-02-2012, 07:29 AM
Rand knows exactly why. He and I may not agree with the reasoning of Ron's decision, but I'm getting pretty sick of Rand's pandering to Hannity.

We may not like it, but let Rand do it. If this means he can win in 2016...

No Free Beer
02-02-2012, 07:44 AM
I think some of you overlook the power of the media.

They are our biggest enemy.

Ssd
02-02-2012, 07:53 AM
Well Rand's push for sanctions on Iran and his pandering to neocon king Hannity hurts him in my views. What made me love Ron Paul was his blunt honesty and sticking to his principles. All I ever see and hear from Rand is a bunch of non-answers and concessions to fit in with the crowd. He's clearly a conservative but its clear that he ain't no Ron Paul. But then again, Rand already is far more electable than Ron and he'd get my support (not un-dying though) for president in the future (2016/2020?).

MsDoodahs
02-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Hannity pushes it by emphasizing the differences and pits Rand against Ron all the time. Rand has essentially become a tool of Hannity to squash Ron.

THIS.

JohnGalt23g
02-02-2012, 08:19 AM

Hannity is a powerful name and figure within GOP politics. You should probably start getting used to it.

wgadget
02-02-2012, 08:21 AM
IMO, these morons on talk radio have TOO much power.

I wonder what Hannity will say about Ron's absence on the show...

Feelgood
02-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Hannity's numbers are dropping rapidly, he is not all powerful as he once was. As he continues to be exposed for the statist he is, he will become less and less relevant. Look to people like Jerry Doyle, that are up and comers.

And no one but Paul! :)

airborne373
02-02-2012, 08:29 AM
I know the revelation that our nation has been hijacked by communist/fascist criminals is hard to digest. But it is important to learn this lesson. Thank you Sean Hannity for exposing your anti-American agenda. I like it when the opposition flies their flags.

roversaurus
02-02-2012, 08:30 AM
IMO, these morons on talk radio have TOO much power.

I wonder what Hannity will say about Ron's absence on the show...

He will say nothing.

From what I know it was massively stupid and selfish for the campaign not to go.
I'd really like more information about this.

MsDoodahs
02-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Hannity, Limbaugh, Faux News.....they all do much BETTER when a dem is in control - which is why they all want so much for Newt to be the nominee - they WANT another four years of Obama.

Travlyr
02-02-2012, 08:41 AM

The biggest enemy is the Fed. The media is their front line. Expose the media for the lying shills they are and go right for the throat of the beast.

Hannity's show is a Las Vegas circus circus.

wgadget
02-02-2012, 08:42 AM
And yet their listenership is dwindling. Hey, maybe a R win will make them extinct. We should be so lucky.

Giuliani was there on 911
02-02-2012, 08:45 AM

this

whippoorwill
02-02-2012, 08:52 AM
Well looks like my comments got cut. I still wouldn't piss on Hannity if he were on fire! And you can cut that too or ban me! Hannity is a Statist Warmonger! Fuck him to his face! That son-of-a-bitch pulls the oars for the ship of state. History is chop full of people helping to promulgate the politics of obedience to the state. He profits from warmongering! Fuck Hannity!

MRoCkEd
02-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Hannity is usually pretty fair to Ron in interviews, but for some reason Ron was really grumpy and rude to him in their last TV interview. Not sure what the deal is.

rp713
02-02-2012, 09:24 AM
no one is gonna care about this next week. get over it folks.

FrancisMarion
02-02-2012, 09:42 AM
What comes to my mind when I think about this is something I remember from the movie, The Patriot. Early on, our soldiers attempted to take on the British by marching up to them face-to-face and each side just blowing the hell out of each other. It was honest and it was bold, but it simply did not work out well for us at all. We got the crap blown out of us. But, when we started flanking them, ambushing them and in general, fighting them on our own terms, the tide turned.

To call Rand a "sellout establishment hack" is out of line. I cannot even believe you said that.

You speak of the Swamp Fox. :cool:

As far as the Hannity show: Hannity's viewers will notice that RP is not there. You don't watch news at the time slot by being ignorant of who is running. So...will Hannity mention that RP declined or not? I think he will. If he doesn't some of viewership might be offended that the show is trying to set the field. If he does mention that RP declined, which I think he will, some viewers will start to wonder why RP did so. Either way, if 5% of the viewership of Hannity follow the first or second scenario, I consider it a better win than RP being thrown hardball questions to make him look bad. If just that 5% of viewers break away from being spoon fed for just this one instance.... who knows?

Even if he did go on think about it: They KNOW Rp will never dodge a question because of his integrity, and they USE it against him. He will be cut off.

If nothing else, its going to be a pretty boring forum with out Paul there.

LisaNY
02-02-2012, 10:13 AM
I thought Hannity was the one who bought up the newsletters again and dared the rest of the media to report it?

It's none of my business but I don't know how Rand can put his political career over his father. If anyone talked about my dad like hannity does Ron I'd slap them in the face.

Captain Shays
02-02-2012, 10:27 AM

We can't afford him to be out of ANY media coverage right now.

MsDoodahs
02-02-2012, 10:29 AM
It's none of my business but I don't know how Rand can put his political career over his father. If anyone talked about my dad like hannity does Ron I'd slap them in the face.

This is why I do not trust Rand.

Captain Shays
02-02-2012, 10:34 AM
That is certainly the game I think Rand is playing. I don't know if it's the right move as I think it makes a lot of the grassroots kind of edgy, but if done properly would really be bad ass. I really think there needs to be a serious discussion of where this movement goes after this election. With no heir apparent (I'd say rand and I'm behind that but a vocal group here and I imagine elsewhere is against it) we could take a serious blow to the progress Ron has made. Another Ron won't come around for another thirty years and I'm not sure the way these elections have panned out that we need another Ron, at least until people in this country figure out what the hell is going on and are ready for some truth and honesty.

Another Ron won't come along EVER. This is IT. This is our last chance folks. If we don't do something serious then I am heading for the hills

ctiger2
02-02-2012, 10:35 AM
...he didn't know why his father won't come on Hannity's radio/TV shows and that he would call them and talk to them about it. Hannity was pretty angry and told him it was too late for tomorrow night but that he'll give him equal time on radio/TV if he'll come on.

Rand hasn't figured out that Ron extremely dislikes Hannity yet?

It's funny cause even though Hannity HATES Ron, Ron's easily the most important/popular candidate in the race, and not going de-legitimizes Hannity so that's very very good. That's easily why Hannity is pissed and I'm glad Hannity is angry the Big Government War-Mongering Statist he is.

Captain Shays
02-02-2012, 10:42 AM

Rand is being coopted just like the Tea Party that we started. These neonuts KNOW the power of the truth and freedom and they are fighting it at EVERY turn with EVERY weapon of deception that they have used for centuries.

alex_florida
02-02-2012, 10:44 AM
RP should be at Hannity. This is a big mistake to pass on it. It will cost us not only 2nd but probably 3rd place in NV. Frankly speaking I do not understand the strategy - to ignore Fox News anchors. If you are going to be nominated from Republican Party, how can you blackout Fox?

Captain Shays
02-02-2012, 10:47 AM

Sorry but what is passing for "traditional conservatism" today is rightly called "neoconservatism" by those who know. I think you are mistaking it for "the old right" type of conservatives. Ehy but so much for labels

Maestro232
02-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Stop wasting your time arguing over this. This is a dammed if you do dammed if you don't situation. So there is no value in criticizing the decision. Go make some phone calls or convert your friends.

Travlyr
02-02-2012, 10:50 AM
RP should be at Hannity. This is a big mistake to pass on it. It will cost us not only 2nd but probabley 3rd place in NV. Frankly speaking I do not understand his strategy - ignore Fox News anchors. If you are going to be nominated from Republican Party, how can you blackout Fox?Why? So they can ask him about the newsletters, Iran's nuclear weapon program, third party run, why he didn't shake that lady's hand in New Hampshire? What good are they? Rome is on fire. American Airlines is laying off thousands because people quit flying to avoid getting felt up by perverts. The Federal Reserve System keeps printing trillions and paying friends while banks foreclose on homes all across America. Where are the important questions from Faux Snooze and Sean Hannity?

odamn
02-02-2012, 10:52 AM
RP should be at Hannity. This is a big mistake to pass on it. It will cost us not only 2nd but probably 3rd place in NV. Frankly speaking I do not understand the strategy - to ignore Fox News anchors. If you are going to be nominated from Republican Party, how can you blackout Fox?
so... you think Ron should let Sean beat him up, and then kiss his A$$ to boot?

JK/SEA
02-02-2012, 10:57 AM
hmmm..you think FOX wants the story to be about Ron refusing to go on Hannity? or does it really matter?

When was the last time Rand was on the Maddow show?...and why? for example.

Lightweis
02-02-2012, 11:03 AM
I thought Hannity was the one who bought up the newsletters again and dared the rest of the media to report it?

This. Rand Paul will not get my support because of what he is doing to undermine his father

FSP-Rebel
02-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Knock knock, not trying to derail legitimate discussion here but the HotAir folks lurking are probably getting their rocks off watching some of us going at each others' throats. Not just this thread but there are a few other big ones just boiling over with Paul supporters fixing bayonets on each other. I swear, sometimes we get along with our components as well as with neocons.

alex_florida
02-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Why? So they can ask him about the newsletters, Iran's nuclear weapon program, third party run, why he didn't shake that lady's hand in New Hampshire? What good are they?

He is asked the same loaded questions at the most debates. Does it mean that he should pass on all of them? Interviews/ debates at Huckabee show that he ignored before SC, and now Hannity show event are some kind of debates too, and they are in the format that is more favorable to RP because he better delivers his message when he has more time for the response and nobody cuts him in 30 sec. How can you win this race if you ignore debates/ round tables with all candidates on MSM? Because of MSM blackout and now selfmade RP blackout many people have already thought that this is three-men race and vote for Newt against Romney or Romney against Newt because do not want to waste their votes for RP who is invisible. Listen to yesterday's Peter Schiff radio show where he told how his mother had explainted him why she voted for Romney in FL...

LibertyEagle
02-02-2012, 11:06 AM

He doesn't say the really bad things in front of Rand. At least I've never heard him do it. Yesterday, Hannity was just whining that Ron didn't want to come on his show. He wasn't insulting him.

Captain Shays
02-02-2012, 11:15 AM
no one is gonna care about this next week. get over it folks.

It's accumulative. This is just another reason for me to despise the Fed and their tool the media. I'm at the point of seething hatred right now. We're talking about THE most evil scumbags on earth. THEY send our sons to die in unnecessary wars that THEY started. THEY control our elections to bring us more war, deeper servatude of debt for us and our children. and continued loss of our liberties. THEIR candidates promote war and also cause the loss of our national sovereignty and pollution of our earth. THEY are more highly responsible for more human suffering, than ANY other force on this planet. I am talking about the bankers of course and their public mouth pieces in the media that THEY control.

There is no "liberal bias" in the media. There is only a bias to give us CFR candidates or those who qgree with the principles and policies of the CFR and the CFR is just the front group of the Fed. THEY are the liason between those who control our money supply and the policy makers in our government.

Some how. Some way WE NEED to find ways to circumvent these evil bastards and it's not even about Ron Paul or this election any more.

Travlyr
02-02-2012, 11:23 AM
He is asked the same loaded queations at the most debates. Do it mean that he should pass on all debates? Interviews/ debates at Huckabee show that he ignored before SC, and now Hannity show event are some kind of debates too, and they are in the format than more favorable to RP because he better delivers his message when he has more time for the response and nobody cut him in 30 sec. How can you win this race if you ignore debates/ round tables with all candidates on MSM?
I really don't know. Ron Paul is an honest principled proven winner. If his strategy is to ignore the liars in the media, I support his decision. Today's media ignores the theft the Federal Reserve System takes from the people daily. As far as I'm concerned, the media scum of today are no better than New York Times reporter Walter Duranty (http://www.conservapedia.com/Walter_Duranty) who let 6 million people perish without reporting what he knew. Enough is enough.

The theft is real. John Maynard Keynes tells us,

"By this means government may secretly and unobserved, confiscate the wealth of the people, and not one man in a million will detect the theft." - Lord John Maynard Keynes, "Economic Consequences of Peace"

When will you hear about it in the "nightly news?"

alex_florida
02-02-2012, 11:30 AM
I really don't know. Ron Paul is an honest principled proven winner. If his strategy is to ignore the liars in the media, I support his decision. Today's media ignores the theft the Federal Reserve System takes from the people daily. As far as I'm concerned, the media scum of today are no better than New York Times reporter Walter Duranty (http://www.conservapedia.com/Walter_Duranty) who let 6 million people perish without reporting what he knew. Enough is enough.

The theft is real. John Maynard Keynes tells us,

When will you hear about it in the "nightly news?"

Yes, I agree that nobody tells about it on MSN except Dr. Paul, and this just proves that he should use any chance to educate and convert people on these issue but not ignore such events as Hunnity debates...

Travlyr
02-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Yes, I agree that nobody tells about it on MSN except Dr. Paul, and this just proves that he should use any chance to educate and convert people on these issue but not ignore such events as Hunnity debates...
Ron Paul is not the only one that knows about it. He is the only who cares.

doctorfunk
02-02-2012, 02:29 PM
It's a mistake, just as it was a mistake to turn down CPAC. He should be getting as much free national media as possible. So what if he gets asked tought questions? He should know how to answer them by now, it's not like they're new. He needs to know when to be an idealist and when to be a politician.

HeyArchie
02-02-2012, 02:39 PM
You guys are so naive. This is Hannity on Fox News. When Ron goes on Fox News I cringe. The questions they ask him (especially Hannity) are ALWAYS loaded and rarely have to do with the issues.

"Are you saying that GOP candidate Paul is to the left of Obama on this issue?" - Bret Baier's lovely self
"Are you going to run third party and why am I a statist?" - Hannity's beautiful face
"So you want Iran to get a nuke?" - Any of the nice people there

I think it would actually hurt him to go to this thing.

otherone
02-02-2012, 02:45 PM
You guys are so naive.

+rep
Hannity is an ass-clown entertainer...attending would be like going to the Trump 'debate'. Hannity WISHES he's a Kingmaker.
"Question for Congressman Paul: WHY do you hate America so much?"

ryanmkeisling
02-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Hannity is usually pretty fair to Ron in interviews, but for some reason Ron was really grumpy and rude to him in their last TV interview. Not sure what the deal is.

He is sick of be begrudged with questions about the newsletters.

Adam West
02-02-2012, 02:57 PM

This is true. The house of cards is probably going to stand until the election. It is in Obamas and corporate interests to do so. Once the election is over, and a new puppet becomes President, the sh*t will hit the fan. Any person who seriously studies reality based economics is aware of this. Prepare now. Ron owns gold and silver, and so should you.

musicmax
02-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Two words: memory hole.

These things get forgotten within days. Hell, Gingrich lost what, 15% in a week? Paul's decision to not attend an event, or interview, might feel like it means the world to people like us, absolutely jacked in to RPWorld. Nobody else notices. Nobody.

Apparently you're not looking at the graphic at the top of this thread that reinforces the "only 3 candidates left" meme.

bobburn
02-02-2012, 03:04 PM
If I was Paul, I'd make a statement to the effect that Hannity will never get an interview with him--that he is a liar and distorts whatever Ron Paul says.

LisaNY
02-02-2012, 03:11 PM
If I was Paul, I'd make a statement to the effect that Hannity will never get an interview with him--that he is a liar and distorts whatever Ron Paul says.

I think that's an excellent idea. Just like he did to Trump. Because when you participate in these things, what you're really doing is granting these clowns legitimacy.

roversaurus
02-02-2012, 03:13 PM
You guys are so naive. This is Hannity on Fox News. When Ron goes on Fox News I cringe. The questions they ask him (especially Hannity) are ALWAYS loaded and rarely have to do with the issues.

"Are you saying that GOP candidate Paul is to the left of Obama on this issue?" - Bret Baier's lovely self
"Are you going to run third party and why am I a statist?" - Hannity's beautiful face
"So you want Iran to get a nuke?" - Any of the nice people there

I think it would actually hurt him to go to this thing.

He should man up and go. He should be assertive and ignore the question they asked him completely and entirely and give the statement he wants to give on whatever topic he chooses. When they point it out he should move on to another topic of his choosing. But NOT going make it look like he isn't in the race. Makes it look like he is afraid. Makes it look like he doesn't want to win. All of this to the FOX news audience. i.e. the voters int he republican caucus.

doctorfunk
02-02-2012, 03:13 PM

Which would be great for the people that already support him and further alienate everybody else. If he was running above 30% nationally, he could easily turn this down. As it stands, he needs the exposure and to stop the meme that there are only 3 candidates left.

SCOTUSman
02-02-2012, 03:15 PM
I agree with Ron Paul on so very many things, but the reality is that he has not been successful in getting his bills passed. That same not rubbing elbows is one of the reasons we love him, but it is also one of the reasons why he has been alienated and we are seeing some of the blowback of that in this election.

It is my opinion that Rand has chosen a different strategy that he believes will enable him to make more progress in returning us to a constitutional government. It's a tough line to walk, especially given that I would imagine that his stomach turns over when he has to deal with some of the people that he must deal with, if he is going to have much of any positive impact on the goal.

I am glad someone is intelligent here.

SCOTUSman
02-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Do you have any stats on that to link to? Is it broken down by frivolity and properly emotionally charged?

Rev9

Yes he used the f-word three times in two posts. That is an extreme usage of the word.

bobburn
02-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Which would be great for the people that already support him and further alienate everybody else. If he was running above 30% nationally, he could easily turn this down. As it stands, he needs the exposure and to stop the meme that there are only 3 candidates left.

How has giving Hannity time/interviews, who has sway with ~2M people nationally, helped Paul thus far? That's right, zilch? Why? Hannity absolutely hates Ron Paul. he distorts everything he says, asks "gotcha" or biased questions, and just tries to drag him down whenever he has the chance. Going on his show is pointless. Ron could spend more time campaigning and talking to fair reporters and build support than go on to that pointless show.

ohgodno
02-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Going on this forum would have been a huge mistake. Dr. Paul would get loaded questions with quotes takes out of context like:

"Congressman Paul, you recently were quotes as saying 'Hispanics…[and] Jews are scapegoats' you've also said you have no problem with Iran having a nuclear weapon. Are you saying that you want Iran to wipe Hispanics off the face of the earth like Ahmadinejad would like to do to Israel?"

It'd be a total shitshow… he's better off campaigning in town halls.

HOLLYWOOD
02-02-2012, 03:43 PM
All we have to look at is the day Sean Hannity, intentionally and maliciously sabotaged the Ron Paul campaign in Iowa. Hannity traveled to Iowa, broadcasted on radio/TV with a prepared list of propaganda, lies, and crafted hit pieces to bringing Ron Paul down in the polls; the newsletter nonsense, repeatedly calling Ron a leftist, libertarian, he's not a Republican, etc etc... every damaging conjure-up story by FOX and Hannity was purposely broadcasted right before the Iowa Caucus.

Many here on RPF listened and posted live while Hannity, Fox & Friends started their "HIT CAMPAIGN"... like Ron, no more ammo for the Statist/Special Interest Criminals in Corporate Media. Especially that POS Sean Hannity

Anybody find that Hannity IOWA HIT PARADE thread?

satchelmcqueen
02-02-2012, 05:17 PM
um rand knows exactly why ron wont go on hannitys shows. hannity would do nothing but talk down to ron. he would make him go on the defensive. im pissed that rand didnt stick up for his dad if he really said this. rand should knock the hell out of hannity after some of the things he said to ron in the last few interviews. hannity is a douchebag to ron and rand should see this.
He said he thought it was a mistake that they declined and that he didn't know why his father won't come on Hannity's radio/TV shows and that he would call them and talk to them about it. Hannity was pretty angry and told him it was too late for tomorrow night but that he'll give him equal time on radio/TV if he'll come on.

alucard13mmfmj
02-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Rand gotta play the system's game.. or else he will end up like his dad. Ignored and put down by the machine. If Rand Paul is perfect like "Ron Paul", it will do us no good if he can't get elected. Do you think people will remember, in 2016, why they are in a mess? Do you think people will connect the dot that not electing Ron Paul back in 2012 was the cause of their problems? And that electing Rand Paul in 2016 will solve everything? Heck No. Given the short attention span and the way voters are voting on right now... I doubt it.

Student Of Paulism
02-02-2012, 05:45 PM
LibertyEagle is spot on, and some of you guys need to stop being so harsh on Rand about this. Don't you guys realize the enormous monster were up against? FoX news isn't just FoX news. It's the party's propaganda machine, psyops/eugenics machine and sheep herding machine. It's also their mouthpiece of endless truth and fact distortion. It's a megalithic giant and anything brash or done without thought would be a stupid mistake, like Rand blatantly bad mouthing Morris, Oreilly and Hannity. LibertyEagle is exactly right, and i said things yesterday that were similar myself. He simply knows how to play this game better than his dad does. Ron sees them all as statist garbage, and yes, he's right, they are. Is Ron wrong in not just dealing with it and holding his disdain inside? Eh..yea, somewhat. I wish he had done things different several times, but Ron sticks to his guns and this is how he is going about it and he will not change. And hey, neither will Rand. He is going about things HIS OWN WAY, and just because it is different, doesn't mean he is instantly a sell out or some establishment hack, or some co-opting suck up like Sarah Palin. This is politics guys, cmon. Let's look at it like this too, by at least maintaining communications and working with these clowns a bit, and the ones Rand works with in the senate and in congress, who knows. Maybe he can get some of them to change their way of thinking too. The more they converse, rub elbows, etc, some may just see the light and be like 'hmm ya know what, maybe i am wrong, maybe this isnt the right direction, maybe his father was right'. At least with Rand THAT CHANCE EXISTS. With Ron, well, it doesnt as much, because he separates himself much farther.

Some say they didnt like Rand voting on Iran sanctions. Well...can't say i am thrilled about it either. But this isn't something extremely unprincipled. He's stood up for the PA, NDAA, TSA, all the economic corruption going on, and now he is pushing for amendments to the Stock Act. He has fought for virtually the same things his father is, but yea, sometimes, he gives a little bit. After all, let's not forget, while Iran is demonized in the worst way possible and most of what is said about them isn't true, let's keep in mind, they aren't angels either.

And i agree about Hannity, i remember all too clearly the shit he did that night of the debate, and then 2 days before it, digging up the Newsletters, talking about it like he never even f'ing knew about it, with that 'look what i found tone' in his voice. 'WELL, I GOTTA SAY, PEOPLE, UMM, THESE NEWSLETTERS, I DUNNO, I MEAN, WE VETTED EVERYONE ELSE, SO SOMEONES GOTTA BRING IT UP'. He did this back to back days, and at 5PM, each time, so everyone driving home could hear it. Total premeditated smear tactics, but wouldn't expect anything less from a Murdoch drone like him. He basically was the first one to lead that Newsletter attack, and who caused Ron to lose about 2% leading up to the caucuses. The guy is one of the biggest snakes and jerkoffs out there and ill be the first to say so. I actually was giving him a chance when months before that he was treating Ron a bit more respectfully, but after that shit he pulled with the Newsletters i havent given him the time of day or listened to his show on Radio or TV. Anything he says, is pure vapor as far as im concerned.

raider4paul
02-02-2012, 05:56 PM
I heard Hannity today saying "all three candidates" will be on tonight. Gotta love how the media and their pawns are literally ignoring him 10x more than before.

And Dr. Paul isn't helping.

JJ2
02-02-2012, 06:10 PM

Well, if Rand runs in 2016, he will certainly be the best candidate running.

rprprs
02-02-2012, 06:16 PM
It was hard getting through 16 pages of this. It was even harder picking the post most worthy of repeating.
I picked this one:

Stop wasting your time arguing over this. This is a dammed if you do dammed if you don't situation. So there is no value in criticizing the decision. Go make some phone calls or convert your friends.

MsDoodahs
02-02-2012, 06:25 PM
All we have to look at is the day Sean Hannity, intentionally and maliciously sabotaged the Ron Paul campaign in Iowa. Hannity traveled to Iowa, broadcasted on radio/TV with a prepared list of propaganda, lies, and crafted hit pieces to bringing Ron Paul down in the polls; the newsletter nonsense, repeatedly calling Ron a leftist, libertarian, he's not a Republican, etc etc... every damaging conjure-up story by FOX and Hannity was purposely broadcasted right before the Iowa Caucus.

Many here on RPF listened and posted live while Hannity, Fox & Friends started their "HIT CAMPAIGN"... like Ron, no more ammo for the Statist/Special Interest Criminals in Corporate Media. Especially that POS Sean Hannity

Anybody find that Hannity IOWA HIT PARADE thread?

Yep, I remember it.

I am glad Ron stopped going on Hannity.

MsDoodahs
02-02-2012, 06:29 PM
some of you guys need to stop being so harsh on Rand about this.

I don't take orders from you.

Nor does anyone else at this site.

I listened to Hannity SERIOUSLY denigrate Ron WHILE RAND WAS ON THE SHOW and Rand sat there like a fucking little ________ and ALLOWED IT.

After hearing that one, I will NEVER, EVER, EVER support Rand.