PDA

View Full Version : Brad Pitt on the Daily Show

Paulistinian
02-01-2012, 10:28 PM
I am hoping someone here was watching right now... I wasn't paying attention but heard Brad Pitt say "Ron Paul". I did not hear the context. Anyone else see?

cordscords
02-01-2012, 10:30 PM
I wasnt paying attention. I thought I heard him comparing other actors to presidential candidates. Def heard him say "I'm gonna be hanging out with Ron Paul", but wasn't serious about it.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
02-01-2012, 10:31 PM
From what I remember brangelina were big Obama supporters in '08. Angelina has her head very far up the ass of the UN. It's a new election though. Who knows, Brad is a big pot smoker.

Cyberbrain
02-01-2012, 10:32 PM
I heard it too, wasn't really paying attention. Something about an awards show and how he should be "more like Ron Paul." ?

georgiaboy
02-01-2012, 10:32 PM
wait, what?

BigByrd47119
02-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Brand and Angelina were just at the White House less than a month ago IIRC.

There were even photos taken from street level of them standing in front of a window.

Paulistinian
02-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Maybe Angelina is the liberal and Brad is some kind of libertarian? Like Arnold and Maria Shriver?

The moment of zen was Gingrich saying Brad Pitt would play him in a movie. Ha! What a nut!!

RforRevolution
02-01-2012, 10:39 PM
They were discussing the oscars and wondering why they don't go negative during Oscar considerations. Pitt agreed and said "Clooney took Iowa and New Hampshire, Jean took South Carolina, Oldman took Florida and I'll be hanging out with Ron Paul."

Tyler_Durden
02-01-2012, 10:41 PM
They were discussing the oscars and wondering why they don't go negative during Oscar considerations. Pitt agreed and said "Clooney took Iowa and New Hampshire, Jean took South Carolina, Oldman took Florida and I'll be hanging out with Ron Paul."

Hmmm, without reading into it too much it's interesting he only mentioned one candidate...Brad's a free thinker right?

unknown
02-01-2012, 10:42 PM

Not sure what this is supposed to mean, am curious to see the tube. He'll be hanging out with RP because he hasnt won?

But RP was right. There are brush fires igniting across the country.

Paulistinian
02-01-2012, 10:42 PM
They were discussing the oscars and wondering why they don't go negative during Oscar considerations. Pitt agreed and said "Clooney took Iowa and New Hampshire, Jean took South Carolina, Oldman took Florida and I'll be hanging out with Ron Paul."+rep! Thanks, man... I like hearing people like Brad Pitt talking about Ron Paul even in a passing joke. Were hitting the tipping point.

Paulistinian
02-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Maybe some of you twitter users can tweet Brad Pitt asking what he thinks of Ron Paul...

georgiaboy
02-01-2012, 10:50 PM

+rep! Thanks, man... I like hearing people like Brad Pitt talking about Ron Paul even in a passing joke. Were hitting the tipping point.

yes. yes. Getting name dropped by Brad Pitt and he says "hanging out with" on The Daily Show? This is bigtime cool.

Notice he's not hanging out with any of the others.

Awesome!

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
02-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Just saw the video. He was equating himself to a non winner ( Paul )- regarding the oscars for himself this year.

Thats why the audience went dead silent. It wasn't funny.

RforRevolution
02-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Just saw the video. He was equating himself to a non winner ( Paul )- regarding the oscars for himself this year.

Ohhhhh, the oscar information fills in some blanks. You're right.

the04artchitect
02-01-2012, 11:30 PM
"No thanks, Brad, we'll be busy this fall, but we'll invite you back in the White House when Dr. Paul is elected."

All in fun, bringing light to the mention of Dr. Paul's name....

I think it's a solid reaction and will invite a lot of attention to this, who knows, maybe Brad even responds back!!!!

Ender
02-01-2012, 11:34 PM

Not exactly-

As I said on another thread:

They were talking about the Oscar nominees which are interesting; Pitt has 2 films that are both up for best picture, so consequently, he'll probably be ignored- like another guy we know.

The Oscars are very political.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
02-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Not exactly-

As I said on another thread:

The Oscars are very political.

Either way, when looking for the candidate to compare a bad place to be with, he picked Paul.

He and Angelina are in tight with the UN, helped Obama get elected, and love the idea of using tax payer money for foriegn aide so they can feel good about themselves.

I wouldn't provoke getting him to speak on how he really feels about RP.

Ender
02-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Either way, when looking for the candidate to compare a bad place to be with, he picked Paul.

He and Angelina are in tight with the UN, helped Obama get elected, and love the idea of using tax payer money for foriegn aide so they can feel good about themselves.

I wouldn't provoke getting him to speak on how he really feels about RP.

Don't know about the taxes for foreign aid thing, but Pitt uses a lot of his own money to help others.

I alo know that his statement to Jon Stewart was about being ignored when you were a clear winner.

Giuliani was there on 911
02-02-2012, 01:28 AM
Hollywood Libtards would be last people to ever support Ron Paul.

affa
02-02-2012, 01:34 AM
Hollywood Libtards would be last people to ever support Ron Paul.

Yep. It's surprising too, given the way some of us here treat them.

I was also unaware Oliver Stone was one of the "last people".

cindy25
02-02-2012, 04:20 AM
Maybe Angelina is the liberal and Brad is some kind of libertarian? Like Arnold and Maria Shriver?

The moment of zen was Gingrich saying Brad Pitt would play him in a movie. Ha! What a nut!!

there are a surprising number of progressives who would vote Paul based on foreign policy , gitmo. civil rights

ross11988
02-02-2012, 04:22 AM
Don't forget Angelina is a member of the CFR. I do not know about Brad.

alucard13mmfmj
02-02-2012, 04:31 AM
Ron wants to get out of the UN... I doubt Angelina will touch Ron Paul with a 10 foot pole. Brad Pitt with a 5 foot pole.

It is sad that celebrities have more endorsement power than state representatives.

That being said! I wonder who Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber endorses. Their endorsement might even cause someone to win in a landslide. That is how bad I think the voters are XD..

The One
02-02-2012, 04:41 AM
Ron wants to get out of the UN... I doubt Angelina will touch Ron Paul with a 10 foot pole. Brad Pitt with a 5 foot pole.

It is sad that celebrities have more endorsement power than state representatives.

That being said! I wonder who Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber endorses. Their endorsement might even cause someone to win in a landslide. That is how bad I think the voters are XD..

So true, alucard13mmfmj.

Eric21ND
02-02-2012, 05:19 AM
Don't forget Angelina is a member of the CFR. I do not know about Brad.
So is one of the billionaires that donated to RevPAC :rolleyes:

alucard13mmfmj
02-02-2012, 05:27 AM
So is one of the billionaires that donated to RevPAC :rolleyes:

really? wow lol. is that billionare out of the CFR groupie yet?

or maybe its a trap or something...

Zarn Solen
02-02-2012, 05:41 AM
Jolie rumors along with very angry Roseanne Barr comments but we all know Roseanne is one of the biggest sheep out there:

http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/2008/08/roseanne-barr-attacks-angelina-jolie.html

http://www.nationalbroadside.com/?p=2159

http://www.nationalbroadside.com/?p=2159

Brad was the one that always seemed more liberal. Then again, people can change. He didn't seem to praise Paul at all.

nayjevin
02-02-2012, 05:51 AM
I love Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Save moar babies. Good peoples. Come on in... the water's fine.

Liberty74
02-02-2012, 05:55 AM
Please people, don't read into Pitt's comment too much. Way to many people do that on RPF.

Victor
02-02-2012, 06:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtEYSG82dvY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

RedOurBack
02-02-2012, 06:25 AM
I love Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Save moar babies. Good peoples. Come on in... the water's fine.

You're disgusting.

nayjevin
02-02-2012, 06:27 AM

You're disgusting.

Hmmmm...

Edit: It took me a minute, but I have a tendency to think you see these people as sex symbols, and that your mind is in the gutter. It is an O Brother Where Art Thou reference (angelic baptism song scene) and I see them as humanitarians.

Nate-ForLiberty
02-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Regardless of what you think about Brad Pitt, what he did here was really good. And a shining example of how rich people help the poor and don't need the government involved to do so.

http://www.nola.com/katrina/index.ssf/2010/08/brad_pitt_talks_about_hurrican.html

Where were you when Hurricane Katrina hit on Aug. 29, 2005?
In Calgary, up in Canada, making the movie “The Assassination of Jesse James.” I couldn’t get my eyes off the TV. It was frustrating seeing all those people on rooftops screaming for help. It was abhorrent. I was gutted. I remember thinking we can do better in America. Everybody seemed to make mistakes at a federal, local and state level. I used to ride my bike around the Lower 9th — usually going to the Holy Cross area to look around. My instinct said that we have to find a way for those people to find a road home. New homes were clearly going to be needed.

How do you feel seeing those Lower 9th families living today, on the fifth anniversary of the storm, in beautiful Make It Right houses?
Great! I was in the Lower 9th for Memorial Day. Families were barbecuing and swimming in the little, you know, pop-up swimming pools. And families were coming together and saying hi. You know, the simple acts of kindness. A lot of residents no longer have only a cynical view of Katrina, they have a brighter perspective about life. And when I say kindness I mean Make It Right was built on the donations of people. Americans donated. That has a deep effect on the people living in these homes. We have solar panels providing the energy, and it works and fellow Americans paid for it. Not the government.

A lot of people saw the devastation in the Lower 9th. But only you acted on rebuilding it?
OK, I was naive, totally naive. I credit naivete with our success. I was also an opportunist. I saw this land, it was available, and I thought we could make a difference. Starting from scratch has its benefits. Too often we give disaster victims cheap building products, slipshod materials, and then put on top of them the burden of energy bills and medical bills. You know it’s the badly built levees that destroyed these people’s lives. We needed, as a country, to do something right for them. A new paradigm was needed. The technology was available. So I thought, ‘Let’s build houses that answer all the problems.’ We needed to make amends for over 1,500 deaths. We had to fix the grave injustice the best we could. Let’s face the facts: Shoddy Army Corps levee work was the culprit behind the 2005 flooding of New Orleans. People in pre-Katrina had been sold cement slabs in the Lower 9th next to the levee. These folks were told it’s all right to build homes, for example, on Tennessee Avenue. They were set up. I mean not necessarily intentionally, but through the negligence of levee maintenance. But, lo and behold, the Lower 9th is now the greenest — I don’t even like the word green — it’s the most high-performing clean neighborhood in the world, according to the Green Building council.

If you had a magic wand, what would you want to see happen in New Orleans during the fifth anniversary commemorations?
I’d like to see more people still be able to get back. More specifically, for our Make It Right project, I would like to expand our template to St. Bernard Parish. You know, out of all the Lower 9th homes we built, all are producing more energy than they are spending, than they are consuming. They’re all pollution-free. This is an amazing story to me. Many of our homeowners don’t owe anything for energy use. We can prove that low-income and high-performance houses work. No more antiquated building practices are needed in New Orleans; let’s put that one behind us. We’re on track to build more homes in the Lower 9th and perhaps in St. Bernard Parish. We are getting the prices down. All our safety measures are intact. I hope house experts will come look. I can back up what I’m saying. Our homes are affordable, high-performance, and safe. And there is an aesthetic to them all. Now I want to drive the price down. OK, that is fair to say, the price needs to come down. But any other criticism you hear doesn’t hold up.

Liberty74
02-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Brad Pitt "liberal?"

How so? I think people throw that term around loosely. Being liberal privately like myself is totally different from being a liberal in terms of how one views the role of govt. There I am very conservative. Hence the libertarian in me.

Today, big govt liberals are liberal fascists, not real liberals who are open minded.

Giuliani was there on 911
02-02-2012, 06:56 AM
Yep. It's surprising too, given the way some of us here treat them.

I was also unaware Oliver Stone was one of the "last people".

I wasn't that surprised about Oliver Stone considering those comments he made last year which really pissed off the east coast elite liberals. I consider him more of a Counterpunch liberal rather than an MSNBC liberal.

georgiaboy
02-02-2012, 10:48 AM
@5:59 minute mark.

By his tone, I think we have a joiner!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-february-1-2012/brad-pitt