PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL really really strong on West Coast!!

Falseflagop
11-12-2007, 06:20 AM
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/donors.html

Just look at that green, and have about ALASKA!! Amazing!

Visual
11-12-2007, 06:22 AM
the more conservative the state the more it donates, GENERALLY speaking...

walt
11-12-2007, 06:24 AM
I think this chart is a pretty good indicator that things are going well in NH, WY, NV - and not so hot in MI, SC, IA - don't you agree?

walt
11-12-2007, 06:29 AM
Obviously that plane cancelation was a conspiracy. ;)

I'm just picturing some random person on Southwest Airlines sitting next to Dr. Paul at this stage. That would be weird to see in action.

Does Dr. Paul usually fly coach?

Ron LOL
11-12-2007, 06:39 AM
What the hell is Iowa's problem, anyway? Is it that RP is the only candidate who isn't promising massive corn subsidies for ethanol?

Eric21ND
11-12-2007, 06:45 AM
What the hell is Iowa's problem, anyway? Is it that RP is the only candidate who isn't promising massive corn subsidies for ethanol?

I don't believe the meetup groups are as active or organized down there as they are in NH.

recess
11-12-2007, 07:16 AM
RP is doing well up in the Northwest as well which typically are "blue" states.

KingTheoden
11-12-2007, 07:23 AM
RP is doing well up in the Northwest as well which typically are "blue" states.

Oregon and Washington are often lumped in with Illinois, New York, and other urban dominated states. However, such is an inaccurate association because the former two are not urban controlled and have a much more populist-libertarian streak to them than other 'blue' states.

In fact, a map from the late 19th century would reveal that the West has been an anti-central bank control haven for a while. The Populist Party actually won electoral votes if I recall. A disappointing factor is how weak we are in the deep south; in a sense it should not come as a shock but still it would be comforting to have a strong support base either in Dixie or the upper midwest at this point. Still much time in this game though!

philipsantamaria
11-12-2007, 07:39 AM
NH baby.

tekkierich
11-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Obviously that plane cancelation was a conspiracy. ;)

I'm just picturing some random person on Southwest Airlines sitting next to Dr. Paul at this stage. That would be weird to see in action.

Does Dr. Paul usually fly coach?

I specifically talked to Ms. Paul about this for a few minutes after the Baltimore debate. I mentioned that I thought that we were donating enough for him to be flying first class and getting good hotel rooms. It is important that he is comfortable and well rested.

She mentioned that he flies so much and has for so many years that he usually gets bumped to first class.

NewEnd
11-12-2007, 08:35 AM

nope, Washington and Oregon are very liberal... maybe libertarian.... ;)

But, most green states have passed medical marijuana laws.

Primbs
11-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Iowa has lots of students. There are many religious pro life in Iowa also.

South Carolina should share many of Dr. Paul's libertarian small govt. beliefs.

DealzOnWheelz
11-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Iowa should support Ron Paul for legalizing Marijuanna and the Industrial use of Hemp which produces 3 times more Ethanol fuel than corn and is easier to maintain. I think that should be a big pitching point to Iowans.

Remember most of Americans don't know him and even some that do don't know his stance on the issues. It is your job to educate.

Furis
11-12-2007, 09:55 AM

The problem is he is still relatively unknown here. Im doing my best to get his name out.

Also, a lot of the farmers here would love it if the government would butt out of farming.

MozoVote
11-12-2007, 09:58 AM
The west is more Libertarian. Nevada does not like the federal gov't putting the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste dump there. Oregon did not like the attacks on it's health plan and legalized euthanasia laws. Washington state is dominated by Seattle which voted to make marijuana enforcement the lowest policement priority.

NinjaPirate
11-12-2007, 10:03 AM
What is going on with Alaska?? They've been consistently "green" for two weeks! I don't understand what's going on there, but I like what I see! :)

MozoVote
11-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Alaskans really view themselevs as "different". The state license plate says "America's Last Frontier". They still have a pioneering spirit. Hawaii is a funny one - it is a solidly blue state in elections but they like to be removed from Washington's politics. It has a huge tourist industry and wants to be on good terms with more countries.

FSP-Rebel
11-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Michigan's economy is terrible, so I can see why donations aren't exactly flowing. But, we typically have really low primary voter turnout, which will greatly benefit us. I'll also say that I haven't seen any other signs/stickers for the Rudy McRomneysons. We pretty dominate in regards to visibility.

AlexAmore
11-12-2007, 10:30 AM
NH baby.

HEEEELLLLL YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHH!

stevedasbach
11-12-2007, 11:26 AM

So much for the accusation that all Dr. Paul's support is coming from liberals trying to mess with the Republican nominating process. :)

fez2008
11-12-2007, 11:36 AM
SC needs to be colored green quickly...

Goldwater Conservative
11-12-2007, 12:15 PM
The libertarian-leaning mountain/western states, libertarian-leaning NH, the state he represents in Congress, and the state with the most veterans (I think). Makes sense to me.

winston84
11-12-2007, 12:40 PM
This map is a great resource. It looks like the mid-east is lacking. Haha, Montana came out of left field.