PDA

View Full Version : How has big government hurt the introduction of alternative energy sources onto the market

nodeal
02-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Why are environmentalists always for big government? Doesn't government stifle competition? Aren't they in bed with big business, subsidizing and propping the oil industry? Isn't government the reason why oil will be the dominant source of energy, even when it's way past its time (if it isn't already)?

NOW...

Can you guys help me sight specific instances in which alternative energies have not had a fair chance to compete against oil because of government making the energy market too hostile for new innovations to be introduce into? I mean, I always see youtube videos of miraculous innovations of water-powered this, solar-powered that...

Any notable examples that you have heard of or that have been reported on where government has shut down alternative-energy initiatives?

I have read up on private property rights and how this concept can be utilized to prevent pollution, but what I want to focus in on is how government regulation of the free market hinders the development and introduction of alternative energy sources.

TheTexan
02-01-2012, 07:19 PM
What's really funny is that they subsidize both oil and alternative.

Travlyr
02-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Why are environmentalists always for big government? Doesn't government stifle competition? Aren't they in bed with big business, subsidizing and propping the oil industry? Isn't government the reason why oil will be the dominant source of energy, even when it's way past its time (if it isn't already)?

NOW...

Can you guys help me sight specific instances in which alternative energies have not had a fair chance to compete against oil because of government making the energy market too hostile for new innovations to be introduce into? I mean, I always see youtube videos of miraculous innovations of water-powered this, solar-powered that...

Any notable examples that you have heard of or that have been reported on where government has shut down alternative-energy initiatives?

I have read up on private property rights and how this concept can be utilized to prevent pollution, but what I want to focus in on is how government regulation of the free market hinders the development and introduction of alternative energy sources.

Industrial Hemp is a huge deal. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278806-Legalize-Industrial-Hemp)

Cars could be built so that they run on clean burning hemp fuel. Cars also could be built so that fender benders would be a minor deal. Fuel mileage would be increased because they would be lighter than steel built cars. Buildings could be built so that they were both strong and energy friendly. Paper bags are a non issue for the environment because they are compostable and so is the plastic. Herbicides and insecticides are not needed and hemp also protects the soil from erosion. On and On.

satchelmcqueen
02-01-2012, 10:09 PM
here. this is real/ from 1998. the guy was poisoned and died after he met with the pentagon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1UrlDNkYSo

this also happened in 1948 and in the 70s. both people wound up dead within 2 years after either selling the idea to car companies or talked to the government. cant find the documentary though. ive experimented myself with this and i can get explosions out of a quart jar of 100% water.

Icymudpuppy
02-01-2012, 10:46 PM
EPA regulations make diesel vehicles and vegetable oil fuels illegal.

Kodaddy
02-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Ethanol uses more fuel to produce than the fuel it produces. Net negative.

nodeal
02-02-2012, 09:41 AM
here. this is real/ from 1998. the guy was poisoned and died after he met with the pentagon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1UrlDNkYSo

this also happened in 1948 and in the 70s. both people wound up dead within 2 years after either selling the idea to car companies or talked to the government. cant find the documentary though. ive experimented myself with this and i can get explosions out of a quart jar of 100% water.

Hey satchelmcqueen, I found your video of the water-powered engine extremely interesting and posted the video to my facebook. I noted in the description how the man ended up dead shortly after presenting his invention. My friend on facebook responded with this...

"you're such a conspiracy nut dude haha, i love it. however, the dudes name is stanley meyer. he was found guilty of "egregious fraud" in a lawsuit brought on by the two people who invested in his "invention and ordered to repay their full investment of 50k. in the trial not only did the expert witnesses from the plaintiffs discredit him, but his own defenses expert witness put the nail in his coffin. they found that there was nothing innovative about the cell and that it simply used electrolysis. also he died almost three years after this video and two years after presenting at the pentagon. additionally, his hillbilly brother started the wildfire that created this conspiracy by talking about all the "threats" he received after this news broadcast. fbi investigated, phone company found no such records of calls, family persisted he didn't really die of a brain aneurism like his autopsy suggested. they wanted a second opinion, which had the same results. then they flew in a friend of the family because they still didn't believe. not much is reported about this incident after that, although I'm sure that hillbilly wasn't done with his 15 minutes of fame, so if there were unusual suspicions found that third time around I'm sure this dude would have said something, he's still alive today. don't mean to poop on your parade dude. however, i fully believe the government has stolen patents/killed inventors in the past for "the sake of the greater good" aka padding their bottom-line. eugene mallove is a prime example."

What are your thoughts on my friends response?

Bossobass
02-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Big government squashes technology advance by starving entrepreneurs of capital.

There are 30 electric car makers in the US. Ever heard of them? You've possibly heard of Tesla. They build a 6 figure car no one can afford. How about the other 29? While Solyndra got 1/2 a billion to make headlines that suggest solar energy is a bust, the fledgling electric car business gets zero.

As long as the federal government borrows 1-1/2 trillion every year, there will be no capital for advanced technology... except in weapons systems, where the federal government spends the borrowed trillions. Weapons systems are the most protected business sector in history, under the 'national security' umbrella.

As long as big oil companies can order the marines into resource rich countries to exploit those resources and post record profits with no tax liability, the managed market of car making will continue to produce average fleet mileage of 19 mpg.

As long as there is trillions of tons of coal in the US, mined by a protected monopoly that's given exclusive rights to extract the coal by blowing off mountain tops with impunity to downstream damages, there will be 19th century coal-fired power plants spewing poison into the air.

Subsides for wind turbine farms feeds billions of government dollars, vacuumed from the capital pool away from entrepreneurs. tens of thousands of them have been abandoned for many reasons, all of which stem from the approach, design and implementation... by design. How about the entrepreneurs who invent micro-wind generators that can be installed on each individual house? never heard of such a thing? No wonder, and no capital for them.

What about micro-hydro-electric power for every house along the stream, generating zero pollution and costing very little upfront? Geo-thermal? Passive solar? Earthen roof? Underground home? If you're [Insert electric generating monopoly name], asking for a 25% increase in electric rates, do you want to hear about all that shit that's gonna take away your cash flow stream? No. You're gonna lobby against them. In the end, if there's no capital, there's no builders/tradesmen.

What about the hover car, eliminating need for billions of old rubber tires and road repair? Inside/outside airbags? Fly-by-wire using the GPS system to prevent collisions, traffic jams and wasted fuel? Michelin's airless tires?

The big monopolies buy the idea and shelve it. If the inventor won't sell, the sic gov't regulations on the invention. If that doesn't work, they make sure there is no capital available to the inventor. If that doesn't work, the inventor is in serious trouble.

All of this and more has been available for decades. Research any/all of it and many more great ideas and patents. Decide for yourself.

We are stuck in a time warp imposed on us by big oil, steel, rubber and petro-chemical monopolies. For over a century we commute by driving internal combustion, gasoline powered boxes that ride on 4 rubber tires whose sum of parts cost more than buying 5 new cars and whose built in obsolescence assures your next purchase date and scrap metal tonnage.

103 years ago, the Ford Model T got 25 mpg and was a flex fuel car. Today, Ford's fleet mileage average has increased 3mpg. From the year the 1st Model T rolled off the line, it took 66 years for the US to go from horse-and-buggy to golfing on the moon.

Bosso

Ninja Homer
02-02-2012, 10:28 AM
This is just a start:

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Suppression

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/6720-suppression-document-youtube.html

http://www.panacea-bocaf.org/energysuppression.htm

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Site:LRP:Suppression:_Alternative_Energy_Systems:_ %28Novelty_of_Fact%29_Freely_Derived_Sources

http://www.theorionproject.org/en/suppressed.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edS2aelXi7I