PDA

View Full Version : The war on sugar...

awake
02-01-2012, 06:35 PM
No seriously read the BS (http://news.yahoo.com/sugar-regulated-toxin-researchers-180605186.html)...

Is it me or does the left always bring up the war on tobacco as the reason we should outlaw anything concerning health? Its funny they do this because this link should give a bit of perspective to say the least... where did they ever get the Anti-smoking program for which they always use as the model method of protecting the health of the citizen? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tobacco_movement_in_Nazi_Germany)

NYgs23
02-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Yes, and then they pretend they favor personal liberty because they're against the Drug War. But really they want marijuana regulated and, of course, taxed. They're perfectly happy to restrict what people injest so long as it's what they want, in the way they want.

doctorfunk
02-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I can understand the desire to reduce health costs because at the moment it's more than a personal liberty for the person making unhealthy decisions. If I'm paying extra because Fatty McButterpants got Type 2 Diabetes from eating junk food and being slothful, then he's infringing upon my rights.

otherone
02-01-2012, 07:06 PM
You're 'paying extra' because the government pumps money unchecked into healthcare, driving prices UP. Free market healthcare drives prices DOWN. Google 'medical tourism'.

CaseyJones
02-01-2012, 07:08 PM
ya cause HFCS is so much better :rolleyes:

Dr.3D
02-01-2012, 07:12 PM
You're 'paying extra' because the government pumps money unchecked into healthcare, driving prices UP. Free market healthcare drives prices DOWN. Google 'medical tourism'.

That's right and if the government would keeps it's nose out of healthcare, nobody would be paying extra because Fatty McButterpants got Type 2 Diabetes. I'm sick and tired of people making up excuses to keep others from doing what they want to do.

Let people make those unhealthy decisions. It's their body and their pocketbook that gets the brunt of the problem, not someone else.

It's called "Personal Responsibility".

Vessol
02-01-2012, 07:25 PM
I can understand the desire to reduce health costs because at the moment it's more than a personal liberty for the person making unhealthy decisions. If I'm paying extra because Fatty McButterpants got Type 2 Diabetes from eating junk food and being slothful, then he's infringing upon my rights.

Do say, what rights are those?