PDA

View Full Version : The Modern Whig Party

TheLibertarianNationalist
02-01-2012, 04:31 PM
http://www.modernwhig.org/

http://www.modernwhig.org/sites/default/files/danmwp_logo.png

Where We Stand

Because Whigs value differences of opinion and independent thought, we do not necessarily take a position on every particular issue that may be fashionable for the moment. Instead, we propose a program of broad reforms that we believe will strengthen our country as it faces the challenges of the 21st century.

What We Believe

The Modern Whigs are a pragmatic, common sense, centrist-oriented party where rational solutions trump ideology and integrity trumps impunity.

Our core modern Whig philosophy relies on several fundamental tenets:

Rational immigration policy:

Immigration

The USA is and has always been a country of immigrants. The Modern Whig Party understands the dual responsibility of securing our borders while also dealing realistically with those illegal immigrants already in the country. We propose the following: offer illegal immigrants the opportunity for citizenship if they join the military and serve out their initial contractual term honorably.

Illegal immigrants will not be entitled to jobs that require security clearances, but will be eligible for the GI Bill, Tricare and all other benefits afforded to US service members who serve honorably. This program also will include a background check and English-language classes if necessary. In this manner, any illegal immigrant ranging in age from 18 to 42 will receive job skills and educational benefits while they earn their citizenship for themselves and their immediate family members in defense of our country.

Going forward, we must also revamp our legal immigration process so as to attract those whose skills, education and entrepreneurial spirit will enable them to become productive contributors to the knowledge-based economy of tomorrow.

Lastly, Modern Whigs feel that assimilation is key to our melting pot, and while all citizens should appreciate the various cultures that make up America, we should share a common language. Being proficient in the English language is critical for us to fulfill our role as citizens.

http://www.modernwhig.org/handbook/who-are-modern-whigs/where-we-stand/immigration

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-01-2012, 04:36 PM
LOL. More bodies for the meat grinder and Empire. This is laughingly transparent & very Roman-esque.

02-04-2012, 04:20 PM
That is the one part I disagree with. I don't think illegals should be given citizenship all because they served in the military. Perhaps they can be sent back without receiving criminal charges.

RiseAgainst
02-04-2012, 04:24 PM
That is the one part I disagree with. I don't think illegals should be given citizenship all because they served in the military. Perhaps they can be sent back without receiving criminal charges.

Damn straight. Brown people are not people.

MURRICA!!11!11!

02-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Damn straight. Brown people are not people.

MURRICA!!11!11!

I would say the same for any white that entered this nation illegally. In fact we should have done more to prevent White ethnics from entering illegally in the 19th century, as they largely became just pawns of the Democratic Party and basically worked as slaves for the bourgeois. It's the same reason why Republicans and Democrats refuse to stop, or even flat-out support, illegal immigration. They want a barely-educated slave class.

RiseAgainst
02-04-2012, 06:24 PM
I would say the same for any white that entered this nation illegally. In fact we should have done more to prevent White ethnics from entering illegally in the 19th century, as they largely became just pawns of the Democratic Party and basically worked as slaves for the bourgeois. It's the same reason why Republicans and Democrats refuse, or even flat-out support, illegal immigration. They want a barely-educated slave class.

TLN, it's time for you to wake up. There is a blood sucking lamprey attached to your leg, draining the life from your body, and all you can do is complain about the infection his bite is causing. It's time to turn your attention to the lamprey.

The government is the enemy, not other human beings who happen to be born in a different geographic region.

02-04-2012, 08:27 PM
I do agree that government is a parasitic entity that we need to handle carefully. But I don't think destroying it is the correct conclusion. Rather, we should work for a system that doesn't give the voter too much rights, as voters tend to vote in their best interests instead of what is good for the country. Some Hoppe Libertarian Monarchy like system would be possible, but not for Americans. I think our best chance at liberty is reverting back to a true Republic. Allow state representatives to elect Senators, not popular vote by the average man. Restore true property rights and allow for only property owners to vote. The problem is politicians pander to the people and worry about their own elections & re-elections instead of looking out for what is best for the nation.