PDA

View Full Version : Occupier Accused of Firebombing Police Station - No Evidence Cited Yet

dannno
02-01-2012, 03:55 PM
*Could somebody please post the URL of the youtube video in the article below so I can add it to the OP? It's really fucking cool. (firewall issue)

Edit: I have a meeting so hopefully somebody will post the video below in case you don't want to visit the link

http://www.independent.com/news/2012/jan/31/ucsb-student-arrested-iv-foot-patrol-arson-attack/

UCSB Student Arrested for I.V. Foot Patrol Arson Attack

Video of Attack Released; Suspect in Previous Firebombing Remains At-Large

Santa Barbara detectives have arrested a 23-year-old UCSB senior for the New Year's day firebombing of the Isla Vista Foot Patrol station. Authorities say Keith Keiper hurled a Molotov cocktail at the front door of the 6504 Trigo Road building at around 11:30 p.m. The station sustained minor damage, but no one was hurt.

Keiper, who lives on El Colegio Road and has been at UCSB for two years, was booked into County Jail on January 25 and faces a felony charge of arson of an inhabited dwelling. His bail is set at $250,000. It's believed he acted alone.

Keiper's alleged attack came around six weeks after an unknown suspect threw two Molotov cocktails at the Foot Patrol building on November 15, 2011. That attack also caused minor damage to the front of the building, as well as smashing the windshield of an unoccupied Sheriff’s patrol car. The November case remains unsolved, and detectives -- explaining why they can't go into detail about how Keiper was identified and caught -- are working to determine if the incidents are connected. The FBI’s $5,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the November firebombing remains in effect.

A transfer student from Maricosta College in Riverside, Keiper was previously arrested in October during an Occupy Santa Barbara protest in De La Guerra Plaza. He was charged with two misdemeanors: staying in the park past curfew and refusing to sign a citation. The outcome of that case is unclear at this time.

NidStyles
02-01-2012, 04:08 PM
explaining why they can't go into detail about how Keiper was identified and caught

That's interesting, I want to know more.

How do they charge someone with a misdemeanor for refusing to sign a Citation? That doesn't even make sense to me.

dannno
02-01-2012, 05:37 PM
48 views and NOT ONE PERSON could post the link to the video from the link in the OP?! wth?

Do I need to offer up some rep or what?

How do they charge someone with a misdemeanor for refusing to sign a Citation? That doesn't even make sense to me.

Well since my roommate got arrested at the same time and same place for the same thing, I guess I should be able to provide more details on how that case is going. I'll let you know.

dannno
02-01-2012, 06:10 PM
bump

TheTexan
02-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Google tells me it's not on youtube yet. The video on link is hosted on non-youtube

dannno
02-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Google tells me it's not on youtube yet. The video on link is hosted on non-youtube

Ok thanks.. in that case hopefully the OP is convincing people to click on the link and watch the vid, it's pretty gnar.