PDA

View Full Version : Should the inflation tax stay, or go, or should another issue be added?

sroll2237
11-12-2007, 04:23 AM
I think this poll will give a clearer picture of where people stand on this heated issue.

Conza88
11-12-2007, 05:01 AM
So far I think its clear, people want it to resonate back with the whole message of our movement as a whole. Not just a small aspect of it. Freedom is the message, and its damn popular!

rebelforacause
11-12-2007, 09:37 AM
pointing the Ron paul's main page works best. Their are so many issues that those who aren't familiar with him would identify with.

READ the Hope for America slim jim and you will see 5-6 of them

http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Categories?category=Slim+Jims

KewlRonduderules
11-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Has anybody looks at this member's post. I think he or she is on to something:

I think there's potential here to make a statement about lobbyists. Wikipedia is telling me that the Tea Act allowed the British East India Company to pay no tariffs to the exclusion of everyone else. The modern day equivalent of 14,000 lobbyists in Washington. 10 years ago it was 1,300, I read somewhere.

That's an idea that can resonate with a lot of people if we can frame it simply enough. Something like:

"10 years ago there were 1,300 lobbyists in Washington. Today, there are 14,000. All are fighting for their own version of the Tea Act: giving themselves an unfair advantage over everyone else. 200 years ago, the colonists didn't ask for laws to be passed restricting boondoggles to the Bahamas or Vail. They took real action. They dumped tea into the harbor because the King granted exclusive privileges to the Halliburton of their day: the British East India Company. This December 16th, join us in supporting a man that fights for little guy, who supports law that treats everyone equally and without prejudice. This December 16th, join 100000 other patriots in supporting Ron Paul."

Tying it into a detest of lobbyists and "the man" could be a huge winner.

Thoughts, revisions?

sroll2237
11-12-2007, 01:45 PM
I think the above above post also does have something. Along with the issues that RP talks about (including the inflation tax), a lot of people are totally fed up with the government and want to "stick it to the man."

jrich4rpaul
11-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Thanks for this poll. I've been saying for awhile we should have a couple more things added to the tax to give more info about Ron's message

foofighter20x
11-12-2007, 07:20 PM
bump

WeBeGood
11-12-2007, 07:30 PM
No Taxation using Inflation

It is a one to one parallel slogan with "The Boston Tea Party" was all about. This is where my Representative, Ron Paul, shines. He is a senior member of the Finance Committee and is the only one who takes the FED chairman to task.

It is important for the symbology to be consistent, for the message to have meaning

One message at a time, the media cannot hand more than that.

There is a whole year of American History before the General Election.

literatim
11-13-2007, 03:47 AM
My issue isn't with the use of inflation, but the wording of the sentence.