PDA

View Full Version : Stop the madness! Focus on www.teaparty07.com ONLY!

RonPaulFever
11-12-2007, 03:24 AM
People, for the love of God....STOP proposing new money bombs, STOP promoting alternate websites, and STOP using Dec. 16th to gratify your own egos.

ONE money bomb, ONE day, ONE website.

www.teaparty07.com

kimochinews
11-12-2007, 03:29 AM
I disagree completely. I welcome anyone who brings a new, creative voice to my attention.

Thank you, everyone who is building their own, special home for liberty.

Don't let anyone pressure you! :)

Kimochi

RonPaulFever
11-12-2007, 03:32 AM
I disagree completely. I welcome anyone who brings a new, creative voice to my attention.

Kimochi

This kind of feel-good, "I'm special" egotistical garbage is unnecessary and counterproductive.

davidhperry
11-12-2007, 03:38 AM
Let's have another money bomb tomorrow. I'm sure we have enough time to get the word out. :) jk

I agree that we need to focus on the 16th. We've got the opportunity to make it huge - that's IF we market it right. We need to spread the news word-of-mouth.

Indy Vidual
11-12-2007, 03:48 AM

Kimochi

Your view is more in line with Dr. Paul's message. :)
Thank you

Conza88
11-12-2007, 05:03 AM
People, for the love of God....STOP proposing new money bombs, STOP promoting alternate websites, and STOP using Dec. 16th to gratify your own egos.

www.teaparty07.com

15th is the day for rally's, everyone getting out on the streets raisign awareness. 16th let the bomb BLOW sky high!:)

Shaun
11-12-2007, 05:07 AM
ONE DAY, ONE EVENT, ONE WEBSITE AND ONE CHANCE TO MAKE HISTORY.
TEAPARTY07.COM
If some people want to distract from the message and go and do their own "creative" thing that's fine. Just don't climb back on board with Trevor and his team when everyone raises the 10m on Dec 16th and your team took 20k from that on the 10th of December or whatever the heck other date it would be....
And oh yeah, while I'm at it...
F*** YOU FRANK....Yeah and you GEORGE IMUPMYOWNASSOPOLOS

rebelforacause
11-12-2007, 09:33 AM
other sites. Don't we have enough followers in our society? All good ideas are welcome and they can point to Mr. Pauls main site.

kylejack
11-12-2007, 09:34 AM
I have to agree. Other sites are fine to promote, but link them to teaparty07.com. We want just one counter, so take counters off other sites.

MozoVote
11-12-2007, 09:41 AM
I think what is important here is the message of UNITY. I feel like Dec 16th is going to be like that moment in "Horton hears a Who" where all the whos shouted in unison. We have time to promote the tea party, and get Americans of all stripes that want reform to yell with us!

FluxCapacitor
11-12-2007, 10:07 AM
It seems that the best way to do this is to have as many websites as happen to crop up naturally. Grassroots! Each website can explain the TeaParty07 event in its own way, but they all link to TeaParty07 and that's where the hit counter and pledge counter is. Some people will need to see a high count on the pledge counter to be inspired to take part.

If this is the best and most efficient model, then the TeaParty07 site should be very focused on gathering the momentum and making it visible. This means it should not get distracted trying to tie in with the history of the Boston Tea Party. It shouldn't talk about inflation or income tax. It should have a general message and stay focused on building momentum.

McDermit
11-12-2007, 10:11 AM
i'm 100% behind the teaparty site. This is a solid idea.

SwordOfShannarah
11-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Kimochi and Indy Vidual- sorry to say this but you're brand new and you seem to be posting a recurring theme that is counter productive... and in more than one place. Hmmmm.

At any rate- don't feed threads like these. Let them try to start their own sites. It didn't work last time and it won't work this time. It's a waste of energy to worry about it.

max
11-12-2007, 10:44 AM

www.teaparty07.com

why limit the message to just one market?

Why not a Tea party site for the anti-war...

A Tea party site for illegal immigration

A Tea party site for gun owners...

Everybody has their hot button...lets get ALL of them...

this is an RP fundraiser...not a teaparty.com fundraiser

Wayne Hammond
11-12-2007, 11:05 AM
why limit the message to just one market?

Why not a Tea party site for the anti-war...

A Tea party site for illegal immigration

A Tea party site for gun owners...

Everybody has their hot button...lets get ALL of them...

this is an RP fundraiser...not a teaparty.com fundraiser

Geez... Go and start your OWN WEB SITE, if you think it's that important. I wish people would quit spamming these forums with their ENDLESS attacks upon Trevor and teaparty07.com. Quit talking about it and take action - go design your own site and we'll see if anyone comes to it. God knows I won't. :mad:

Edward
11-12-2007, 11:11 AM
November 5th, November 11th, and the Tea Party all can credit their origins to the original Money Bomb (http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com/), which was designed to be a weekly event involving a high number of contributors each donating a small amount of money:
To find 40,000 solid volunteers to step up to the plate and donate $25 once per week, every week, to Dr. Ron Paul's Presidential Campaign fund. 'Bombs Away' times and date will be provided to your email and posted on this website. Congressman Paul will be given a million dollar boost every single week. We are growing rapidly.

I have trouble instructing people not to contribute to other money bombs that work within that framework. I support the idea of generating $1 million within an hour once each week with smaller $25 contributions AND I support the idea of generating $10 million or more on November 16th with larger $100 contributions. I think both goals would be achievable if their were support for both.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Like I was proposing earlier, just picking one day when those guys are doing their money bomb and seriously backing it as a server test for December 16th would be a perfect idea. I'm not on any ego trip, I'd rather the people behind both efforts get credit over me.

I just think it's the best way to keep everyone happy.

LBT
11-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Guys,
I really don't think we should panic about new websites and new money bomb ideas. We saw the Nov 11th competing with Nov 5th early on and the people drifted into support for Nov5th because it seemed to resonate better with them. Once it caught on it became viral. Good ideas, when accepted, will thrive in this medium, becoming way to strong to be seriously affected by new smaller ideas.

We still should be proud of the Nov11th guys for the work they did, but in the end the market found an option they prefered.

The idea of shutting down ideas is very much based on the top-down (centralized) style of management which is the exact opposite of what makes this grass roots movement so successful.

imho, for every 10 ideas promoted that don't take off an idea appears that much more than compensates for any of the damage that the earlier 10 might have caused. For that reason I encourage anyone who is willing to have a go at promoting an idea, but warn them not to be too discouraged if their idea gets criticised or goes down like a lead balloon. What you learn may lead to something very successful not to far away and many of us are thankful for your efforts to help the good doctor. :)

Brian Bailey
11-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Many of you seem to have little or no faith in this movement and its people.

You seem to think that Ron Paul supporters are sheep in the same way that many on these forums refer to the general populace as sheep.

This is an insult to both us and to everyone else.

Wake up. Grow up.

The message of freedom does not need you, sitting on your computer, to hold its hand and guide its way. Individual liberty and equality for all are not to be arrived at by requiring millions of people to prescribe to your strange decrees of uniformity.

No one here, I repeat no one, is saying that the Tea Party is a bad idea. In fact, it is a great idea; but it is by no means the only idea.

If you think that one glorious day is all it takes to elect somebody President of the United States then you need to do some serious re-thinking of your worldview.

This movement can only be derailed by the simple narrow-mindedness that some of you have started to espouse.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Yes I think the problem is that adhering to this idea and telling everyone to not donate until then, but save up, is only going to hurt things.

Even when the Tea Party happens and becomes a massive success, the biggest advantage will be the press coverage, while the money will be much less useful.

It would be useful for Feb 5th, but not the early primaries and Paul HAS to win them to take things away. There needs to be some money in between now and December 16th and using that to the advantage of the Tea Party is a good idea, I think.

Derek Johnson
11-12-2007, 03:17 PM
If we (about 30,000+) all get 10 people to commit to 12-16 our day will be a huge success. www.teaparty07.com - get them (your name list) to sign your pledge sheet and sign up at the website. Follow up with your name list a few times to answer any questions about our platform.

This requires many signs, door to door, leaving a trail of slim jims, phone calls, bumper stickers, RP t-shirts, meetup group activities etc.

So let's each get to to commit to 12-16, this will take work, but it needs to be done. Get 100 if you can, but we can each get 10 people in 1 month to save our constitution, can't we?

rebelforacause
11-12-2007, 03:31 PM
with 10 different points that leads to his main site to contribute or

a tea party that leads to a narrow focus? ( from the first screen/impression)

d_goddard
11-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Ahhh yes... the "cat herding" aspect of dealing with free-thinking liberty-lovers. I know it well :)

Personally, I am 110% on board with the Tea Party, for the simple reason that the YouTube video was f--ing awesome. That, and there's enough time to both save up money and alert people.

For those who are upset that anyone would issue "marching orders" ... note that nobody is actually going to send unconstitutional goons to shut down your other, competing websites.
That doesn't mean we can't tell you honestly that we think it's a bad idea to dilute the 16th bomb.

My $0.02, given here as always for free

itsnobody
11-12-2007, 03:49 PM
I agree with you that we should focus primarily on teaparty07.com but other sites are welcomed to, as long as they link to teaparty07.com

ItsTime
11-12-2007, 04:45 PM
I disagree 100% ALL FOCUS should be on driving traffic to RONPAUL2008.COM/DONATE on the 16th period. I could care less how people find out about the 16th as long as they hear about it and donate. It is very egotistical to think you need one site to do the job.

Benaiah
11-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Just let people do what they want. In the marketplace of ideas the best one will win.

ronpaulyourmom
11-12-2007, 05:46 PM
I disagree 100% ALL FOCUS should be on driving traffic to RONPAUL2008.COM/DONATE on the 16th period. I could care less how people find out about the 16th as long as they hear about it and donate. It is very egotistical to think you need one site to do the job.

Exactly. I mean how much of November 5th can we attribute to Youtube postings, Meeting postings, etc...? A freaking lot. This is the internet people, you want websites, lots of them, linked to other websites, and others, and so on...

It's about getting the word out, not about some ticker going up through centralization. All the matters is the donation gets made on the 16th.

rebelforacause
11-12-2007, 05:57 PM
It really is like Michael from "The office" making the decisions

WHY NOT LET THE OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN MAKE THE DECISION

BTW
correct me if I am wrong but it's the collective people backing this thing that deserve credit

Edward
11-12-2007, 05:59 PM
WHY NOT LET THE OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN MAKE THE DECISIONThen it wouldn't be grassroots support.

max
11-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Geez... Go and start your OWN WEB SITE, if you think it's that important. I wish people would quit spamming these forums with their ENDLESS attacks upon Trevor and teaparty07.com. Quit talking about it and take action - go design your own site and we'll see if anyone comes to it. God knows I won't. :mad:

even if just one person goes to a "competing" website and drops $100....isnt that $100 more than the narow focus existing effort would have gotten????

whats with this centralization bullshit....the money all ends up in RP's coffers just the same

itsnobody
11-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Exactly. I mean how much of November 5th can we attribute to Youtube postings, Meeting postings, etc...? A freaking lot. This is the internet people, you want websites, lots of them, linked to other websites, and others, and so on...

It's about getting the word out, not about some ticker going up through centralization. All the matters is the donation gets made on the 16th.
Well I don't really think this is an effective way of getting people to donate...just telling them "go donate on the 16th" vs showing them that it's a huge event and if everyone does it it'll have a huge impact (teaparty07.com)

I agree with this telling more people about it is great and getting more links to it

TheEvilDetector
11-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Kimochi and Indy Vidual- sorry to say this but you're brand new and you seem to be posting a recurring theme that is counter productive... and in more than one place. Hmmmm.

At any rate- don't feed threads like these. Let them try to start their own sites. It didn't work last time and it won't work this time. It's a waste of energy to worry about it.

Trevor, don't let your successes make you arrogant or you'll just be another victim of your own success.

jmhelms
11-12-2007, 08:30 PM
After reading all of the comments I realize that a couple of you are smarter than me, everyone else, not so much...I didn't mean that.
Regardless, Teaparty07.com is going to happen. You are either with us in this effort or you are not. We are all working towards the same goal at the end of the day and I wish you all the best success no matter how you choose to spend your time. What I don't want to see happen is internal erosion of the group because we don't agree with one another. Teaparty 07 is going to be a great day for the Ron Paul campaign. Join us in this fight or at least rejoice with us when the task at hand has been accomplished! If you choose not to, don't stand in our way. We are focused on a goal, don't hold us back.

Liberty Star
11-12-2007, 11:17 PM

www.teaparty07.com

Focus on one day makes sense.

To balance traffic, perhaps Ron Paul's official campaign site could be used too in addition to this site and would count towards the same?